It's time to bring the EIG back!

McDeathbyCheerios*

Possibly.

Those developments are not completed yet. The renders, designs, numbers, might be flights of fantasy. Nothing is completed yet. Most haven't been started yet.

I'll hold on with some scepticism for now.

If this truly transforms Edmonton in a positive way I'll be here when it does and say so.

That said I don't like " LA Live" type developments too much. Certainly wouldn't fork over hard earned to live there.
They are building a bunch of office towers and a few companies might be bringing their headquarters here. A lot of young professionals would love to live walking distance from the office.

It has the potential to spark development here.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Possibly.

Those developments are not completed yet. The renders, designs, numbers, might be flights of fantasy. Nothing is completed yet. Most haven't been started yet.

I'll hold on with some scepticism for now.

If this truly transforms Edmonton in a positive way I'll be here when it does and say so.

That said I don't like " LA Live" type developments too much. Certainly wouldn't fork over hard earned to live there.

I wouldn't expect it to have the impact of LA Live. That was a much bigger project.

I'd be happy with the impact of the Verizon Center in Washington. Rejuvenated a sketchy part of town. Lots of new bars, restaurants, clubs, etc.

As for a new 'destination' to live and move your office? Yeah, not too likely. The towers that are going ahead will have an impact. Other than that there is a flood of office space and condos in the downtown core (or being built) at the moment.

Last edited:

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Katz is making money for himself, kind of what he always does. Would be a little harder to cajole the city into funding all of his high rise development there, although the COE of course are moving into one of his buildings and being a primary paying tenant there anyway.

Yes, I believe that is what people in business do...especially the successful ones.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
They are building a bunch of office towers and a few companies might be bringing their headquarters here. A lot of young professionals would love to live walking distance from the office.

It has the potential to spark development here.

Name one significant head office not already operating in Edmonton that is moving HQ here Downtown as a result of this.

should be easy

It would be helpful if Edmonton started to be more of an HQ player but I'm not convinced that's happening.

As far as the office space and condos right now theres a lot of fear this will add to office and Condo glut and as Condo prices are already depreciating. Theres going to be some hard sales and especially at these price points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad