Its time for JR to fix this D... If he knows how...

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Everybody's talking Streit but I like another guy from the Isles, Matt Carkner. He's not "the answer" but he'd be great on the third pair. Can hit, block shots and fight and stands up for his guys. And he can play enough offense to keep up. If you remember Dave Karpa, he reminds me of that.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Everybody's talking Streit but I like another guy from the Isles, Matt Carkner. He's not "the answer" but he'd be great on the third pair. Can hit, block shots and fight and stands up for his guys. And he can play enough offense to keep up. If you remember Dave Karpa, he reminds me of that.

Bad idea, Carkner has bad knees. It's why Ottawa didnt re-sign him. Otherwise they loved him.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Short of an extended absence of Pitkanen, if you think the Canes will be addressing the D situation before the trade deadline, you're setting yourself up to be a pain in the ass on this forum for the next ~2 months.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
To be fair, that's also what Panthers fans said about Allen. Are Carkner's knees worse?

Their refusal to sign him at 2 years/1.5 per indicate to me that they probably are worse.

Allen's defensive skills are far superior to Carkner's as well. IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad