Blue Jays Discussion: It's the off-season-iest time of the year. (Waiting on the winter meetings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun, Melky Cabrera had told friends that the Blue Jays made a three-year $39 million offer. The outfielder's agent is believed to be looking for a $50 million package.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/13/jays-deal-gose-to-tigers-for-second-baseman

KNOWING IS ONE THING

The Blue Jays obviously know what free-agent left fielder Melky Cabrera is looking for as both sides have talked. Cabrera had told friends that the Jays made a three-year $39 million offer. The outfielder's agent is believed to be looking for a $50 million package.

"We have a sense right of the likelihood is of signing him," said Anthopoulos who says he is sensitive to not talk about someone else's free agency or divulge negotiations. "When a player reaches free agency, you have to start preparing for contingencies because the likelihood is when players become free agents an overwhelming percentage don't return."

Jaysfanatic*

img_6920.jpg

haha Stoeten

Jaysfanatic*

I laugh because instead of trying to sign a 2B, they're going to try and force this kid to play 2B and it will lead to hilarious results.

"Like I told Devon on the phone, I don't know what's going to happen over the next few weeks, but if the season started tomorrow, he'd be our second baseman," Anthopoulos said. "He can hit, has good approach and is a solid average defensive player. He has surprising power for his size."

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ha.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
If that quote is true ^ you can pretty much scratch 2B/3B off of AA's offseason shopping list.

Hard not to be concerned, even though the offseason has only just started. In this short time we've traded our only LH power bat and fastest/best defensive player.

AA loves window shopping in the winter, look don't touch

Jaysfanatic*

I'm sure this will be a do nothing offseason. Oh well, what do you expect from Huckstopolous.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
According to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun, Melky Cabrera had told friends that the Blue Jays made a three-year $39 million offer. The outfielder's agent is believed to be looking for a $50 million package.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/11/13/jays-deal-gose-to-tigers-for-second-baseman

Well, if Melky doesn't come back at least people can't say the Jays weren't being competitive. That's a reasonable deal given other rumors that were out there for potential contract offers for him. If he wants 3/50 ($16.6m AAV), more power to him. But that doesn't mean he's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad