Buffalo Bills It's the Off-Season. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Honestly, I wouldn't get overly upset with any of the three of them at this point.

Personally, I would probably rank them JPJ-Ladd-Chop. But, given the needs that they have, I could see the Bills having it Ladd or Chop as 1/2 and JPJ 3rd.
I would argue that starting quality IOL is just as big of a need.

I think you also have to consider the relative strength/depth of each position group in this class. WR being the strongest, then IOL, then EDGE a long way behind.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I would argue that starting quality IOL is just as big of a need.

I think you also have to consider the relative strength/depth of each position group in this class. WR being the strongest, then IOL, then EDGE a long way behind.
The challenge is that a lot of that WR depth could be long gone by 60.

If someone like Polk is the best WR left when the Bills are on the clock in the second round, that could be tough to deal with as well.

I think the 2nd-4th round options at IOL could be waaaay better than the options at both EDGE and WR.

Reactions: Krieger Bot

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Of the 'second tier' WRs the guy I'm warming up to is Troy Franklin. At this point i think I'd prefer him over just about any other guy in that group. Maybe even over Mitchell / Legette. I still think that taking him #28 is too early though

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The challenge is that a lot of that WR depth could be long gone by 60.

If someone like Polk is the best WR left when the Bills are on the clock in the second round, that could be tough to deal with as well.

I think the 2nd-4th round options at IOL could be waaaay better than the options at both EDGE and WR.
Firstly I'd argue that there are plenty of intriguing WRs who will be available beyond #60 who could EASILY end up being better than the guys in this concensus 'second tier'.

Secondly - and i posted about this in detail last week.... Depending on how i expect the board to fall - i think the smartest strategy to take in this draft could well be to fill another position at #28 (OL/DL/DeJean) then move up from #60 to get your #WR early day 2.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Of the 'second tier' WRs the guy I'm warming up to is Troy Franklin. At this point i think I'd prefer him over just about any other guy in that group. Maybe even over Mitchell / Legette. I still think that taking him #28 is too early though
Franklin is interesting. Joe Marino and Kyle Crabbs are not high on him. When Joe looked at some of his tape, he was really worried about his lack of functional strength and had questions about whether that will limit him at the next level.

But, he was so productive at Oregon and made so many big plays, I would be surprised if he didn't work out in the NFL.

He is a guy that I would like if they were to trade back from 28 into the 30s or early 40s.

Firstly I'd argue that there are plenty of intriguing WRs who will be available beyond #60 who could EASILY end up being better than the guys in this concensus 'second tier'.

Secondly - and i posted about this in detail last week.... Depending on how i expect the board to fall - i think the smartest strategy to take in this draft could well be to fill another position at #28 (OL/DL/DeJean) then move up from #60 to get your #WR early day 2.
The challenge for me is that I am not seeing a lot of guys falling that could be really good boundary WRs in 2024 falling that far.

I think most of the guys that are intriguing that will fall will be Shakir/Samuel types and would only make a ton of sense if Brady wants to just have a bunch of movable chess piece type WRs as opposed to a WR room with a bunch of different types of WRs that compliment each other.

:dunno:

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Franklin is interesting. Joe Marino and Kyle Crabbs are not high on him. When Joe looked at some of his tape, he was really worried about his lack of functional strength and had questions about whether that will limit him at the next level.

But, he was so productive at Oregon and made so many big plays, I would be surprised if he didn't work out in the NFL.

He is a guy that I would like if they were to trade back from 28 into the 30s or early 40s.

The challenge for me is that I am not seeing a lot of guys falling that could be really good boundary WRs in 2024 falling that far.

I think most of the guys that are intriguing that will fall will be Shakir/Samuel types and would only make a ton of sense if Brady wants to just have a bunch of movable chess piece type WRs as opposed to a WR room with a bunch of different types of WRs that compliment each other.

:dunno:

Yeah - re Franklin - his slight build / lack of strength is really what puts you off of him initially. It is a red flag.

But then you watch the plays he makes in conjunction with looking at the stats...

Exactly as you said - he's a guy I'd either trade back from #28 for or trade up from #60 for. It's a similar scenario for all the guys i like in that group.

I do disagree with the bolded - and have even gone further to say that i have exactly the same criticism of many guys in that second tier :

Second tier guys i don't think are different enough from Shakir/Samuel / who i don't see as being effective boundary players :

- McConkey
- Coleman (see him as a big guy who will only ever be effective across the middle)
- Pearsall (maybe)
- Corley
- R Wilson

R3 & below guys who have potential to be better than anyone in the second tier:

- Walker
- McMillan
- Burton (off field issues are keeping him from being ranked higher)
-Baker
-Rice
-J Wilson (ultimate boom / bust type)

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Big turnout on our #29 poll and we close out our first round! McKinstry, Robinson, Coleman, and Franklin all come off the board. Worthy, Jenkins, and Polk added.

New poll: 2024 HF Bills Big Board 33

Note: Vote for as many as you want. Also, in the spirit of winding this down, this will be the last round you can vote to add.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (88%)
2. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (83%)
3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (100%)
4. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame (38%)
4. Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama (38%)
6. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (40%)
6. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (40%)
8. Brian Thomas Junior, WR, LSU (40%)
9. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (40%)
9. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (40%)
11. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (50%)
12. Cooper Dejean, DB, Iowa (50%)
13. Byron Murphy, DT, Texas (40%)
14. Taliese Fuaga, OL, Oregon (25%)
14. JC Latham, OT, Alabama (25%)
14. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama (25%)
14. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo (25%)
18. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas (75%)
19. Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois (40%)
20. Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia (50%)
21. Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington (60%)
22. Graham Barton, OL, Duke (100%)
23. Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina (50%)
23. Chop Robinson, DE, Penn State (50%)
25. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia (50%)
26. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia (50%)
26. Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona (50%)
26. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma (50%)
29. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama (67%)
30. Darius Robinson, DE, Missouri (50%)
31. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State (33%)
31. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon (33%)

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

28.) WR Xavier Worthy, Texas
60.) S Javon Bullard, Georgia
128.) WR Jermaine Burton, Alabama
133.) EDGE Cedric Johnson, Ole Miss
144.) C Beaux Limmer, Arkansas
160.) DT Keith Randolph Jr, Illinois
163.) LB/S James Williams, Miami
200.) OT Travis Glover, Georgia State
204.) RB Blake Watson, Memphis
248.) QB Joe Milton III, Tennessee

So I really love the back part of this draft with Limmer, Williams and Milton.

The nit-pick I have is that I'd take DeJean at 28 and then take Pearsall or Tez at 60.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Big turnout on our #29 poll and we close out our first round! McKinstry, Robinson, Coleman, and Franklin all come off the board. Worthy, Jenkins, and Polk added.

New poll: 2024 HF Bills Big Board 33

Note: Vote for as many as you want. Also, in the spirit of winding this down, this will be the last round you can vote to add.

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (88%)
2. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (83%)
3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (100%)
4. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame (38%)
4. Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama (38%)
6. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (40%)
6. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (40%)
8. Brian Thomas Junior, WR, LSU (40%)
9. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (40%)
9. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (40%)
11. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (50%)
12. Cooper Dejean, DB, Iowa (50%)
13. Byron Murphy, DT, Texas (40%)
14. Taliese Fuaga, OL, Oregon (25%)
14. JC Latham, OT, Alabama (25%)
14. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama (25%)
14. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo (25%)
18. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas (75%)
19. Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois (40%)
20. Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia (50%)
21. Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington (60%)
22. Graham Barton, OL, Duke (100%)
23. Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina (50%)
23. Chop Robinson, DE, Penn State (50%)
25. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia (50%)
26. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia (50%)
26. Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona (50%)
26. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma (50%)
29. Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama (67%)
30. Darius Robinson, DE, Missouri (50%)
31. Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State (33%)
31. Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon (33%)

Someone just voted to add Wiggins, #24 OA prospect (so #20 w/o QBs) on Brugler's big board. Ooops on us for totally overlooking him.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
@Zman5778 I made us our GDT. I'll leave it to you when you want to shut this one down and pivot over there.

Reactions: Zman5778

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
@Zman5778 I made us our GDT. I'll leave it to you when you want to shut this one down and pivot over there.

We'll pivot on Thursday during the day (AKA, when I get to work).

Thanks for setting it up!!!

Reactions: Husko

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The Broncos get their young QB:

Zach Wilson!

Jets get #203 for Wilson and #256
Good situation for all really, Broncos need a QB that hardly costs anything in 2024 and Wilson needs a fresh start somewhere else far from NY.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
He's been my choice for a while. I don't know enough to evaluate the tape closely and discern the nuances but his scouting reports sure seem to match what we need.

I like a trade down with WAS if one of the OTs is still there. 28+128 for 36+78. Take Franklin at 36.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Someone just voted to add Wiggins, #24 OA prospect (so #20 w/o QBs) on Brugler's big board. Ooops on us for totally overlooking him.
That was me. I wouldn't have added him that much sooner - but he sticks out like a sore thumb at this point.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
He's been my choice for a while. I don't know enough to evaluate the tape closely and discern the nuances but his scouting reports sure seem to match what we need.

I like a trade down with WAS if one of the OTs is still there. 28+128 for 36+78. Take Franklin at 36.
Yeah - that's exactly the type of move I'd make. Unless there was a guy there at #28 i couldn't pass on - in which case I'd look to move up from #60 to get the receiver in that top 40-45 range.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If Beane goes for a 2nd round receiver I think it should be Legette.
I really like him too - but let's not pretend he doesn't have obvious red flags like Franklin.

Besides - if you want Legette it may well be that you would have to get him at #28. I know it's draft week so we're right in the middle of lying season.... But it does seem likely that Carolina is taking him with one of their early R2s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad