Buffalo Bills It's the Off-Season. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
2024 HF Bills Big Board 26

With 50% of the vote, Mims is our winner.

New poll: 2024 HF Bills Big Board 26

NOTE: Changing things up with a week to go. From now on, you can vote for as many as you want. I'll pull a few prospects each round in an attempt to clear the board by next Thursday. All add proposals will be added. Vote for as many prospects as you want!

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (88%)
2. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (83%)
3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (100%)
4. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame (38%)
4. Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama (38%)
6. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (40%)
6. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (40%)
8. Brian Thomas Junior, WR, LSU (40%)
9. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (40%)
9. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (40%)
11. Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia (50%)
12. Cooper Dejean, DB, Iowa (50%)
13. Byron Murphy, DT, Texas (40%)
14. Taliese Fuaga, OL, Oregon (25%)
14. JC Latham, OT, Alabama (25%)
14. Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama (25%)
14. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo (25%)
18. Adonai Mitchell, WR, Texas (75%)
19. Johnny Newton, DT, Illinois (40%)
20. Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia (50%)
21. Troy Fautanu, OL, Washington (60%)
22. Graham Barton, OL, Duke (100%)
23. Xavier Legette, WR, South Carolina (50%)
23. Chop Robinson, DE, Penn State (50%)
25. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia (50%)

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I think it's hilarious. Let them compete against each other and see how they each handle it. Definitely throws the player for a curve. I'm intrigued. Florio is a joke who is always clutching his pearls about something.
I didn’t even listen to what Florio had to say. lol

I still think it’s an odd strategy though. I just think it’s hard to put all 4 through the same type of thorough workouts and meetings they could with 4 separate visits. I guess like you said maybe they wanted to see how they handled the pressure.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

I think edge rusher is maybe the most underdiscussed positional need for the Bills heading into the draft due to the focus on WR.

While I am worried about Chop Robinson's lack of production at Penn State, Joe Marino being high on his traits have me being OK with him at 28 (or in a slight move up like they have made the past two drafts for Kincaid and Elam) and then taking WR at 60 and another day 3 WR.

WR is deep and EDGE is way thinner in this class. And the Bills returning DEs combined for only 11.5 sacks in 2023 and Toohill had 5.0 sacks last year and only 7.0 sacks in his NFL career.

Nice to see you come around on Chop. I did try to tell you that PSU faced a ridiculously low amount of passes against (3rd fewest in all of div 1).

1713578632129.png

when teams did try and pass, Chop and Isaac destroyed the opposing offensive line and made them abandon the pass.

Next year look for Abdul Carter to make a jump. he played off the ball similar to Micah Parsons time in college, this year he's getting moved to edge and gonna go wild.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Nice to see you come around on Chop. I did try to tell you that PSU faced a ridiculously low amount of passes against (3rd fewest in all of div 1).

View attachment 855534

when teams did try and pass, Chop and Isaac destroyed the opposing offensive line and made them abandon the pass.

Next year look for Abdul Carter to make a jump. he played off the ball similar to Micah Parsons time in college, this year he's getting moved to edge and gonna go wild.
Chop is easily my favourite EDGE in this draft & realistically the only guy I'd be truly happy about in R1. Isaac is probably my favourite R2 guy, although I'd be happy with a few others there, especially as far back as #60.

The problem is that he's so different to who this regime have typically targeted over the years. You look at Darius Robinson, Kneeland, Dorlus & you see the McBeane prototype.

Just to respond to one of @Jim Bob 's earlier posts - you can't simply count sacks as a measure of success. Both in college & at the NFL level. I think that particular post was about Kneeland. But even so.

Reactions: Fezzy126

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Chop is easily my favourite EDGE in this draft & realistically the only guy I'd be truly happy about in R1. Isaac is probably my favourite R2 guy, although I'd be happy with a few others there, especially as far back as #60.

The problem is that he's so different to who this regime have typically targeted over the years. You look at Darius Robinson, Kneeland, Dorlus & you see the McBeane prototype.

Just to respond to one of @Jim Bob 's earlier posts - you can't simply count sacks as a measure of success. Both in college & at the NFL level. I think that particular post was about Kneeland. But even so.
My problem with Kneeland, Borlus, D Rob is that there are players of this prototype likely available later in the draft because of low production. History shows edge rushers as among the most "bustish" 1st round picks. Chop, imo, won't be available. I think he'll go ahead of Latu and maybe even Verse. Safety and rotational edge are positions I'd target a little latter, while DT and WR will be pretty depleted by day 3. Trade down into the 2nd seems like the smartest move as teams try to move up for a tackle.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Production isn't the only thing to look at, but it is one variable to take into consideration when talking about EDGE rushers in college and the pros.

And part of Chop Robinson's evaluation has to be that given all the traits of being an elite speed rusher and the good pressure numbers he put up, he did struggle to finish plays and get the QB on the ground in college. And he does have a Vic Beasley floor with a Von Miller ceiling. I think Chop is one of the bigger boom or bust prospects in the 1st round this year. And a big reason he will go so early is that this is a bad EDGE class.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Production isn't the only thing to look at, but it is one variable to take into consideration when talking about EDGE rushers in college and the pros.

And part of Chop Robinson's evaluation has to be that given all the traits of being an elite speed rusher and the good pressure numbers he put up, he did struggle to finish plays and get the QB on the ground in college. And he does have a Vic Beasley floor with a Von Miller ceiling. I think Chop is one of the bigger boom or bust prospects in the 1st round this year. And a big reason he will go so early is that this is a bad EDGE class.

Beasley and Miller are spot on low and high end comparisons.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

I totally agree re Robinson - i also don't expect him to be available at #28.

As said - your previous post i was referencing was re Kneeland. Simply looking at sack numbers is not an accurate way to project how a prospect will translate to the NFL I'd even argue its not an accurate way of measuring players effectiveness IN the NFL. Especially with a team like the Bills where a heavy rotation is employed & the pass rush is just as strong through the middle as it is off the edge.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

I posted about Kneeland and his lack of production. I agree counting sacks aren't everything. But when you have 1 sack over 9 games playing against OTs that will never even sniff an NFL PS, that's alarming to me no matter how you slice it. Especially when you don't have freak of nature traits to bet on.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Kneeland sack stats over the last two seasons:

Versus Eastern Michigan: 2 games, 4 sacks
Versus Everyone Else: 17 games, 2 sacks

There's just no way for me to be sold on a 23 year old prospect without elite traits that couldn't get home against LTs that aren't even invited to the combine.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

Reminder to vote in the poll (for as many players as you want). I voted for all three remaining OL. I don't see myself voting for any of the remaining WRs, who I don't have first round grades on.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I did a mock on ESPN's simulator and tried to do as Beane would:

Trade: 24 for 28 and 128
1 (24): Brian Thomas, Jr., WR, LSU
Trade: 57 for 60 and 144
2 (57): Chris Braswell, EDGE, Alabama
Trade: 110 for 133 and 160
4 (110): Kitan Oladapo, S, Oregon State
5 (163): Cadean Wallace, OT, Penn State
6 (200): Jaden Crumedy, DT, Mississippi State
6 (204): Jarvis Brownlee, Jr., CB, Louisville
7 (248): Frank Gore, Jr., RB, Southern Miss

Coleman was on the board at 57 and I almost went WR-WR, but I figured Beane would definitely go for the EDGE. I'd be thrilled if this is how it went.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Kneeland sack stats over the last two seasons:

Versus Eastern Michigan: 2 games, 4 sacks
Versus Everyone Else: 17 games, 2 sacks

There's just no way for me to be sold on a 23 year old prospect without elite traits that couldn't get home against LTs that aren't even invited to the combine.
I agree that Kneeland would be a terrible pick at #28 - he seems to have become over rated in recent weeks. The red flags aren't simply because he didn't get a bunch more sacks though.

I'd be OK with him at #60 depending on what happened with #28 & who else was on the board. You & I both know that he fits the McBeane mould to a tee though - so i do expect them to be targeting guys like him, like Darius Robibson, like Dorlus. They would need a change in approach to target guys like Chop.

In the poll I voted for the 3 OL currently listed & chose to add another one - Patrick Paul.

My next WR to add is Polk - but there are one or two more non WRs left that i think would be better picks.

Reactions: Zman5778 and Husko

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
2024 HF Bills Big Board 29

The new poll format worked splendid! Big turnout and we're able to pull 3 names off the board. Frazier, Morgan, and Guyton all appeared on 50% of ballots. Paul and Coleman get the adds.

New poll (remember to vote for as many names as you want): 2024 HF Bills Big Board 29

26. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia (50%)
26. Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona (50%)
26. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma (50%)

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
2024 HF Bills Big Board 29

The new poll format worked splendid! Big turnout and we're able to pull 3 names off the board. Frazier, Morgan, and Guyton all appeared on 50% of ballots. Paul and Coleman get the adds.

New poll (remember to vote for as many names as you want): 2024 HF Bills Big Board 29

26. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia (50%)
26. Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona (50%)
26. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma (50%)

Some tough votes for me here, as a lot of folks in the poll here I wouldn't vote for anywhere in the top 50 (Paul, Tampa, Kneeland). The handful of receivers I'm not as out on as those 3, but I'd still but a number of players before them. So that left me with voting for just Koolaid and Robinson. Added Kris Jenkins. Given need and his value, probably a bit of an oversight not to add him yet.

Other names I'm wondering if we get to: Worthy, SAF1 Hicks, Roman Wilson, RB1 Jonathon Brooks, LB1 Junior Colson.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Some tough votes for me here, as a lot of folks in the poll here I wouldn't vote for anywhere in the top 50 (Paul, Tampa, Kneeland). The handful of receivers I'm not as out on as those 3, but I'd still but a number of players before them. So that left me with voting for just Koolaid and Robinson. Added Kris Jenkins. Given need and his value, probably a bit of an oversight not to add him yet.

Other names I'm wondering if we get to: Worthy, SAF1 Hicks, Roman Wilson, RB1 Jonathon Brooks, LB1 Junior Colson.
It is extremely debatable that Hicks is #1safety. If you intend on playing DeJean there, he is quite clearly #1. I'd argue that there are multiple other guys ahead of Hicks too, depending on the type of player a team wanted, their scheme, etc.

It's probably a similar case for LBs - i haven't really looked into this class in detail but it will again be about player type, scheme, etc

The RB class seems especially weak & the Bills are in no position to add anything except a good shot yardage guy like Estime or Allen.

In the poll I voted for both corners (McKinstry is BPA & they are both great scheme fits) plus Darius Robinson. Add Jalynn Polk.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
It is extremely debatable that Hicks is #1safety. If you intend on playing DeJean there, he is quite clearly #1. I'd argue that there are multiple other guys ahead of Hicks too, depending on the type of player a team wanted, their scheme, etc.

It's probably a similar case for LBs - i haven't really looked into this class in detail but it will again be about player type, scheme, etc

The RB class seems especially weak & the Bills are in no position to add anything except a good shot yardage guy like Estime or Allen.

In the poll I voted for both corners (McKinstry is BPA & they are both great scheme fits) plus Darius Robinson. Add Jalynn Polk.
I definitely have DeJean (well) above Hicks. I guess I just sort of have him in a different category from Hicks since there’s so many questions about what position he plays.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Do you take JPJ or Chop over McConkey in this mock ?
Honestly, I wouldn't get overly upset with any of the three of them at this point.

Personally, I would probably rank them JPJ-Ladd-Chop. But, given the needs that they have, I could see the Bills having it Ladd or Chop as 1/2 and JPJ 3rd.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

He estimates that 40 college players made more than the 2023 minimum NFL salary of $750,000, with a lot more making $500,000, including a tackle projected to go in the sixth round this week. Belzer said that roughly five players per Power 5 roster make more than $100,000.

This is fascinating.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I definitely have DeJean (well) above Hicks. I guess I just sort of have him in a different category from Hicks since there’s so many questions about what position he plays.
I think DeJean is somewhere between Kyle Hamilton & Trent McDuffie. I'm not saying that he'll be as good as either of those but he has that ability to be a chess piece which you can move around. Also factor in his return ability (which is likely to be more important this year after the KO rule change) i think you have a truly unique player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad