Buffalo Bills It's the Off-Season. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The is the shift that a lot of offenses are making in reaction to defenses playing a lot of base nickel defense and 2 high shells.

It is the cat and mouse, back and forth as offenses and defenses shift and change.

Joe Marino has talked about how they could play Williams as SAM in 3 LB sets and shift TJ to more of a box safety type role and taking the SS off the field in those spots. It will be interesting to see if the change at DC leads to more ideas like that or if they continue to play base nickel most of the time regardless of whether there is heavy personnel out there or not.
There'd be some weaknesses, but that's what I'd do as well. Put Johnson at safety, add in a LB, and run a somewhat tradiational 4-3. It'd be a combination of 3 CBs and a safety, which "could" hinder zone coverage scheme disguises.

McDermott would need to add some wrinkles to that to make sure QBs and OCs didn't figure it out right away.

A player like Cooper DeJean at the other safety would essentially turn it into 4 CBs and no safeties, which could also be interesting in terms of options.

James Williams from Miami is a LB sized safety who would also bring some serious scheme flexibility.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I think they have their Renfrow in Shakir ?

Power back, and Safety, yes and Pass rush.
They're 100% addressing those three positions somewhere in the draft IMO.

They don't have THAT much cap space to work with, even after White's 'live' salary comes off in June.

I'd expect one of the remaining FA 'names' possibly being added but certainly not three.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Another tie! With 40% each, Verse and Powers-Johnson come off the board. Adding all three that got add votes: Latham, Chop, and Mitchell.

New poll: 2024 HF Bills Big Board 11

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State (88%)
2. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU (83%)
3. Rome Odunze, WR, Washington (100%)
4. Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame (38%)
4. Dallas Turner, DE, Alabama (38%)
6. Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State (40%)
6. Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA (40%)
8. Brian Thomas Junior, WR, LSU (40%)
9. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon (40%)
9. Jared Verse, DE, Florida State (40%)
I'm still voting for Bowers. Too special to pass up at this point. Add Murphy

Reactions: SundherDome

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'm still voting for Bowers. Too special to pass up at this point. Add Murphy
Vote Latham, add Fuaga.

Having Mitchell added this early is silly - and depending on who else was left I'd be a fan of selecting him at 28.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
https://x.com/FieldYates/status/1775481471416795470?s=20

Interesting mock from Field Yates.
Bills get Worthy at 28. A total of 12 receivers off the board by the Bills pick at 60. Chiefs get Troy Franklin at the end of the 2nd. Maason Smith to the Bills at 60.
Other notes:

Chop goes before Latu and Verse.
JPJ slides to the 2nd.

I think I’d have gone Darius Robinson at 28, Franklin at 60, but, man, 12 WR in 60 picks would be wild.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
https://x.com/FieldYates/status/1775481471416795470?s=20

Interesting mock from Field Yates.
Bills get Worthy at 28. A total of 12 receivers off the board by the Bills pick at 60. Chiefs get Troy Franklin at the end of the 2nd. Maason Smith to the Bills at 60.
Other notes:

Chop goes before Latu and Verse.
JPJ slides to the 2nd.

I think I’d have gone Darius Robinson at 28, Franklin at 60, but, man, 12 WR in 60 picks would be wild.

I'd be surprised if Worthy went in the 1st. I wouldn't be shocked if he was there at 60. Far too many big drops. He's not Tyreek Hill, he's a faster Isiah McKenzie. He'll be an electric return man and probably hit a few big highlight plays ,but I don't think he has the route running or muscle to be a consistent receiver. If you watch his college tape they are constantly feeding him screens and behind the line of scrimmage. He can beat guys with speed but isn't great at catching it.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'd be surprised if Worthy went in the 1st. I wouldn't be shocked if he was there at 60. Far too many big drops. He's not Tyreek Hill, he's a faster Isiah McKenzie. He'll be an electric return man and probably hit a few big highlight plays ,but I don't think he has the route running or muscle to be a consistent receiver. If you watch his college tape they are constantly feeding him screens and behind the line of scrimmage. He can beat guys with speed but isn't great at catching it.
Totally agree with this but you know someone will draft him because of his 40 time. Happens nearly every year. Hope it's not Beane...

If they're drafting anyone purely based on measurables it needs to be Johnny Wilson. And not in the first round. I'd even consider him at 60, although based on typical boards he should be available later than that.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Worthy’s drop rate is about the same as Marvin Harrison jr.’s. Also of note, in 2022, Worthy’s average depth of target was an absurd 17.6%, but Ewers downfield accuracy was pretty pedestrian, so they dialed Worthy back and put him in motion. 15 yard pass plays are 15 yard pass plays. Do you care whether the ball travels 15 yards or doesn’t pass the line of scrimmage? No, you don’t. I’m not high enough on Worthy to spend a 1st, but he was a high 2nd round pick for me before the combine. Nothing has changed. I’ll tell you this, Worthy going to KC or Miami would scare the hell out of me. Much more so than basically any other receiver outside the top 5.

Holy shit! Diggs traded to Houston. I f***ing told you it was possible this season.

https://x.com/AdamSchefter/status/1775537949104394657?s=20

Reactions: Selanne00008

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad