GDT: It's the Late, Late Show with your host, the New Jersey Devils! Ft. Ducks, 10 PM

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
This sums up last night pretty well.

secretariat-crashes-o.gif

This is perfect :laugh:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
When he returns from injury, I would send him to Albany and let him finish out the season there, including hopefully a long playoff run

Is he injured? I though he was a healthy scratch. I'd send him to Albany, too. Let him play big minutes + special teams there much better than being benched after every bad shift in the NHL.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Is he injured? I though he was a healthy scratch. I'd send him to Albany, too. Let him play big minutes + special teams there much better than being benched after every bad shift in the NHL.

Yes.

And agree, I said the same thing a few months ago.

He was a team leader in juniors, let him craft his pro leadership skills in Albany too.
The sooner he's sent to Albany the better so he can seamlessly integrate into that locker room prior to the playoffs.

Camille the Eel

#FreeSeverson or send him to Albany

It really has been a tough sophomore season for him. But I don't know about Albany or not. Maybe sending him down is not such a great idea, instead why not play him bigger minutes up here, give him power play time even, we should do what builds his confidence. Sometimes showing confidence in a guy is the best way for him to have confidence in himself.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They got their ***** beat by one of the hottest teams in hockey on the road. We were due for a loss and Kinky was due for a stinker (though it wasn't all his fault...would want a couple back though).

Game doesn't change much just as the the two wins against San Jose and LA don't change much right now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It really has been a tough sophomore season for him. But I don't know about Albany or not. Maybe sending him down is not such a great idea, instead why not play him bigger minutes up here, give him power play time even, we should do what builds his confidence. Sometimes showing confidence in a guy is the best way for him to have confidence in himself.

He will be there for the playoffs with Albany, its why he was sent down at the deadline. With so few games left its most likely better for him to at least practice and rotate with the big club. Whenever he gets healthy that is.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also getting the doors blown off is never fun but this was actually a successful Cali trip. Much better then expected.

Just sucks how much ground they farted away in the previous weeks or going 2 out of 3 against some of the best teams in the west on the road might of been a good thing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who's going to pick up a guy like Helgeson on waivers, Lou maybe? The reason we were stuck with Matteau is he was a 21-year old former first rounder. Helgeson will be 26 going into next season and was a fourth rounder with basically Mark Fraser-7th D type upside.

If he did stick on the roster as a #7D it wouldn't even be the worst thing in the world.

I think he's pretty much a Mark Fraser type. I don't think he's a future every night NHL defensemen at all. He's not as bad as Fraser, but who the hell is?

My friend has been telling me ever since his NHL debut last year to keep watching him. And that he gets pinned in his end a lot because of poor puck moving skills. I'm starting to see exactly what he's saying. He was also one of the first ones to point out to me how Tootoo always gets pinned in too, as did Zippy on here. If he's an every night NHL defenseman for us at any time when people are healthy, we're in trouble. I've already seen enough of him. Wouldn't mind him in some nights, but every night is overkill. And pairing him with Warsofsky is a disaster. Playing Warsofsky at all is a disaster.

If we retain Helgeson he needs specialized training in the offseason
The 0:49 mark is particularly key to his development

Nicely done! Always love anything Rocky related, and this is actually very fitting.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think he's pretty much a Mark Fraser type. I don't think he's a future every night NHL defensemen at all. He's not as bad as Fraser, but who the hell is?

My friend has been telling me ever since his NHL debut last year to keep watching him. And that he gets pinned in his end a lot because of poor puck moving skills. I'm starting to see exactly what he's saying. He was also one of the first ones to point out to me how Tootoo always gets pinned in too, as did Zippy on here. If he's an every night NHL defenseman for us at any time when people are healthy, we're in trouble. I've already seen enough of him. Wouldn't mind him in some nights, but every night is overkill. And pairing him with Warsofsky is a disaster. Playing Warsofsky at all is a disaster.

Nicely done! Always love anything Rocky related, and this is actually very fitting.

Not only does Tootoo get pinned in, but his defensive coverage is horrendous.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not only does Tootoo get pinned in, but his defensive coverage is horrendous.

I would agree, and I'm thinking the same could be said for Helgeson too.

Although not nearly to the degree of Tootoo or with as much regularity.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We would of taken this Cali trip 3 weeks ago when the playoffs were still in play, even with the bad Ducks game.

Hell I'll still take it, and DSP continues to show that was a weirdly lopsided trade in our favor.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
We would of taken this Cali trip 3 weeks ago when the playoffs were still in play, even with the bad Ducks game.

Hell I'll still take it, and DSP continues to show that was a weirdly lopsided trade in our favor.

Yep, shame we had such a poor stretch before the California trip that effectively knocked us out of playoff contention, because 2 out of 3 on the California trip (even if the loss was a blowout) would have been a very solid result if we were still in the mix for the playoffs, which sadly we are not. As it is, it's a good result, but not as meaningful now that we are looking at another year to add to the playoff drought once again:(

Of course, this is emblematic of the season, able to win against good teams like LA and San Jose but then also able of playing absolutely horrid at home and killing any playoff hopes. Team is very bi-polar. Maybe that changes as young guys mature and we hopefully add more depth, particularly at forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad