It's sad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
that me and my four buddies couldn't watch the 3rd period of the hockey game for the simple fact that Pierre Maguire is the worst, most-biased broadcaster in Canadian History.

Everything all night long that comes out of his mouth....pretty much makes me cheer against Team Canada...and that's sad.

This man should not have a job. He can go engage and initiate somewhere else.
All night long, talking about Phanuef...the only time he shut up was when Phanuef was hammered cleanly.

Maguire IS a disgrace to Canadian Hockey.

Vic Rattlehead*

Unbiased Canadian said:
that me and my four buddies couldn't watch the 3rd period of the hockey game for the simple fact that Pierre Maguire is the worst, most-biased broadcaster in Canadian History.

Everything all night long that comes out of his mouth....pretty much makes me cheer against Team Canada...and that's sad.

All night long, talking about Phanuef...the only time he shut up was when Phanuef was hammered cleanly.

Seriously, you should have hit the mute button. It's lame not watching the third period because of a colour commentator.

EDIT---- Cheering against Team Canada because of one person (a colour commentator nontheless) is pathetic.

BCCHL inactive

Ever hear of the mute button? Nobody is forcing you to watch the game and/or listen to him. Since you didn't watch the third period, you obviously know that...just don't have the nerve to whine about your choice to change the channel.

If you think of cheering against your country's team because of a colour commentator you dislike, well, I will leave you to think about that one.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
I just got in from watching the game with 6 other people I work early in the AM so I called it a night.

The game was on, the volume was on but with all the game talking doing on between us we didn't hear much of what the Gord and Pierre were saying.

Were you guys watching it in a library and tried to keep it down?

Enjoy the victory, its been a while!

Go Phaneuf!

Hockeyfan_86

Nov 26, 2003
Where do you and your buddies live? Maybe I can come over and play the violin for you. Don't be a baby

Sparepart

Jun 6, 2002
Montreal
Canada dominated the game and won 6-1. What did you want Pierre to say about Phaneuf and company? That they were struggling?

And what did you want him to say about the Russians? What positives could he have possibly said of the Russians tonight?

Are you serious?

Like others have said, if you dont like him, mute him!.. I've wanted to say that ever since I've heard Don Cherry fans say the same to me. I cant stand Cherry! Difference is that CBC is funded by Canadian tax dollars, so I'm technically paying part of Don Cherry's salary (not fair to me). while TSN is a private company, TSN can hire whoever they want.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
So you guys support Maguire?? I have no god damn clue why.
We support Canada. I don't give a crap whos announcing it. And yes, I enjoy listening to Mcguire, because, unlike other commentators, he knows his ****.

Evman*

I have absolutely no problem with McGuire. I find him very enjoyable to listen to. I think you should quit whining.

:nopity: :deadhorse :whine:

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
jtuzzi21 said:
We support Canada. I don't give a crap whos announcing it. And yes, I enjoy listening to Mcguire, because, unlike other commentators, he knows his ****.

How can you tell that Maguire knows his stuff....all he does is shoot down the opposition and suck the BLANK of every Canadian....proving he knows???

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
McGuire gets out of hand, but I find he only gets this way during the WJC's...his normal NHL work is top notch and his knowledge of the game and ability to break down plays is second to none....he's a better studio analyst I think...although those McGuire's Monster features are annoying...

I find his pro-Canada comments to be annoying also, but not to the point that I wouldn't watch the game...if anything they get funny from time to time, like when he keeps insulting Montoya...haha...but if you're an informed fan, I think you just laugh at him and make fun of him and enjoy watching the game..that's what I do with Joe Bowen and Leafs games... ;)

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Unbiased Canadian said:
Haha...good one :handclap:

To be fair, and least McGuire isn't a massive bandwagon jumper like The Mulleted One. Once Pierre gets on a bandwagon (Canada's, David Conte's, whatever), he grabs the reins of the lead horse and doesn't let go.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:

I don't know who's more sad. You or your four buddies.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
Unbiased Canadian said:
So you guys support Maguire?? I have no god damn clue why.

So saying "use the mute button"= the support of Maguire? You are a complete fool for not watching the 3rd period because of something so pointless. The fact you never even thought to mute his big mouth (surprise, I don't like him either) during the game makes me wonder if you've been hit on the head a couple times today. Would you ***** if you won Bill Gates fortune? :shakehead

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
Legolas said:
McGuire gets out of hand, but I find he only gets this way during the WJC's...his normal NHL work is top notch and his knowledge of the game and ability to break down plays is second to none....he's a better studio analyst I think...although those McGuire's Monster features are annoying...

I find his pro-Canada comments to be annoying also, but not to the point that I wouldn't watch the game...if anything they get funny from time to time, like when he keeps insulting Montoya...haha...but if you're an informed fan, I think you just laugh at him and make fun of him and enjoy watching the game..that's what I do with Joe Bowen and Leafs games... ;)

I agree with you...he is better doing NHL games, and I don't mind him to much as an in studio analysis.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
Holy smokes I never thought I'd get sooooo blasted for pointing out that Maguire is a god damn joke....I guess I can see where my fellow posters stand.

P.S. The third period was going to suck ass anyway, we came back for the celebration.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
McGuire is great as a studio analyst, but as a colour man he's too loud, spends too much time talking instead of complimenting the play-by-play man, and tries to say too much at once.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I like Pierre, the guy knows hockey and is up to date with his information. Some of you re just too used to CBC hockey which honestly puts me to sleep time to time.

Feb 24, 2004
Mcguire is great. He does work for TSN, so he has the right to be biased, but he was calling like he saw it.

What was wrong with what he said? That Canada really outplayed the Russians, physically, skillfully, and tactily. All those things were true.

Unbiased Canadian, I have sensed a growing trend in your posts, which makes me think you're not really unbiased after all. You just try and find faults in Canadian hockey where there isn't one. Canada won the gold medal. Instead of complaining about the colour-commentator, why not say a positive post on Canada for once?

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
leafs4thecup said:
Mcguire is great. He does work for TSN, so he has the right to be biased, but he was calling like he saw it.

What was wrong with what he said? That Canada really outplayed the Russians, physically, skillfully, and tactily. All those things were true.

Unbiased Canadian, I have sensed a growing trend in your posts, which makes me think you're not really unbiased after all. You just try and find faults in Canadian hockey where there isn't one. Canada won the gold medal. Instead of complaining about the colour-commentator, why not say a positive post on Canada for once?

You may be right for part of your post.

I don't see myself as finding faults in Hockey Canada...I see myself as the happy medium...some one who isn't afraid to point out that maybe the odd Canadian club isn't the greatest thing to happy to hockey...however this team was.

While the fan base of hockey is Canadian there is no doubt about that, sometimes I think we as Canadian needs to spend more time giving other countries recognition, that way when we lose a tourney it won't feel like such a let down.

Understand where I'm coming from??

Mountain Dude

Thats pretty sad, he may be biasesd, but he knows more about hockey in his pinkey than you probably ever will, which is why they keep him around.

And to cheer against a team because of a commentator?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille