Las Vegas Golden Nuggets
Las Vegas Slots ( sounds you know.. )

Yeah please give em one of those name.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
Las Vegas Nordiques.

:rant: Not even as a joke :rant:

I'm pretty miffed. Also, despite Canada looking to enter a slump, Québec City is right now the major area with the lowest unemployment in Canada. We have an employment problem more than an unemployment problem!

So... yeah. I guess we'll hope for a team to move. No way Bettman will let us have a team willingly. Sucks...

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Great job by the NHL for being the first of the major leagues to get a team in Vegas. I think that's a coup. The mere fact they could demand, and received, a $500m expansion fee is amazing.
So they receive 5B from Canada (TV rights) for 7 teams and 2.5B from US (TV rights + expansion) for 24 teams.

So every Canadian teams are bringing 71.5M to the table per year and US teams are bringing 10.5M to the table.

Canadian teams are so important in the picture that when the CAD goes down the league revenues can not improve.

BTW, part of the 5B contract was TVA/Videotron competing with RDS to be able to present hockey.

get25

Oct 17, 2015

I'm pretty miffed. Also, despite Canada looking to enter a slump, Québec City is right now the major area with the lowest unemployment in Canada. We have an employment problem more than an unemployment problem!

So... yeah. I guess we'll hope for a team to move. No way Bettman will let us have a team willingly. Sucks...
If Canes are moved to Seattle, then Quebec can pay 500M to get a team.
Only this will happen.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The Las Vegas Roadrunners

Would make great match ups vs Arizona.

If Canes are moved to Seattle, then Quebec can pay 500M to get a team.
Only this will happen.

Seattle doesn't have an arena, you can forget about it in the short-medium term.

Last edited:

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Once Seattle has a rink, I'm betting they move to the top of the list whether it means expansion or relocation.

I believe it is the most affluent city in the country. Matter of time.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It will be nice to hear Ron Maclean interview the commissioner about expansion, I bet that Gary is looking forward to it.:laugh: It's all about the USA for the NHL with a middle finger extended to Canada.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Good. Didn't want the Merdiques back.

Still mad that the gvmt invested in their arena while never wanted to invest in a baseball venue. Still doesn't want to invest.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
So they receive 5B from Canada (TV rights) for 7 teams and 2.5B from US (TV rights + expansion) for 24 teams.

So every Canadian teams are bringing 71.5M to the table per year and US teams are bringing 10.5M to the table.

Canadian teams are so important in the picture that when the CAD goes down the league revenues can not improve.

BTW, part of the 5B contract was TVA/Videotron competing with RDS to be able to present hockey.

In twenty years time the roles may be reversed, at least, that is what Bettman's mandate is: make hockey the number four spectator sport in the U.S.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Good. Didn't want the Merdiques back.

Still mad that the gvmt invested in their arena while never wanted to invest in a baseball venue. Still doesn't want to invest.

People in baseball actually want baseball back in Montreal. Not the case for hockey in Quebec City.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri

I find it bizarre too - basically a snub to Quebec hockey and it's history

even tho im a habs fan for life and always hated the Nordiques

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad