Confirmed with Link: It's Official! Penguins clinch a playoff spot and Toronto acquires their 2016 1st

Mad Brills*

I'm glad we got the pick but Pittsburgh really needs to start losing now. :rant:

they aren't winning their division at least. Panthers/blachawks/kings/ducks can still pass them in points.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
Pittsburgh is making the conference finals IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Stanley Cup finals either. I'm banking on this pick being 28th, 29th or 30th.

This being said, it makes it more likely we trade up.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Pittsburgh is making the conference finals IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Stanley Cup finals either. I'm banking on this pick being 28th, 29th or 30th.

It's going to be very tough for them to even make the Eastern Conference finals as this conference is not really a walk over. Washington, Florida, Rangers, and even the Islanders are all good teams to deal with and don't forget they are missing their starting goalie (they are going with some one with no playoff experience)

The Penguins are probably going to lose their last 2 regular season games

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls

You have to be careful and not put yourself in a Tyler Biggs situation.

Moving up does not always guarantee a better player

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
We already have. We fired Burke.

This is beside the point, it's pretty much a mirror situation of a couple years ago. Sometimes you're better off just standing pat and making the best possible pick. Especially if we have 29th and 33rd for instance.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
You have to be careful and not put yourself in a Tyler Biggs situation.

Moving up does not always guarantee a better player

Agreed, but I'm only suggesting this because there seems to be a substantial drop off around #20. I could see someone with high upside dropping into the bottom teens that would be worth trading up for. We've got the assets to do it, and I think we should shoot for upside with that other 1st rounder.

Funny enough though, I guy who I would trade up for this year is Logan Brown, who has that "Tyler Biggs" thing going on. I think his potential is way beyond what Biggs' upside was. Plus, he's lifelong buddies with Chychrun, who is the guy I think we end up with (I predict we end up 29th, but after the lotto we'll be picking fourth).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad