Confirmed with Link: It's Official! Penguins clinch a playoff spot and Toronto acquires their 2016 1st

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Problem is... they're winning a bit too much and we're gonna end up with a lower pick :(

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Fleury out with a concussion, pretty sure Maatta and Geno are still out. Hopefully they get some losses in there.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
at least we have the pick. we have the assets to move it up, or we ca pick with it. i know a lot of people were stressed out about it. but go figure, eh. Edmonton gets their pick and poof. 16th. we get the pick poof 25.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
at least we have the pick. we have the assets to move it up, or we ca pick with it. i know a lot of people were stressed out about it. but go figure, eh. Edmonton gets their pick and poof. 16th. we get the pick poof 25.

Feeling pretty darn good about the Kessel trade too. Kapanen's a player, Harrington's solid, and this pick will really help.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I hope all those cheering for wins when Pitt was in the playoffs by 5-8 points are happy. A few losses in the past handful of games would have been nice.

A 23-26 pick is ok. But I was willing to gamble them closer to a WC spot in hopes of getting a 15-18 pick.

Hopefully the lose as much as possible now. And hopefully they don't make the conference finals and jump that pick down to 27-30

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I hope all those cheering for wins when Pitt was in the playoffs by 5-8 points are happy. A few losses in the past handful of games would have been nice.

A 23-26 pick is ok. But I was willing to gamble them closer to a WC spot in hopes of getting a 15-18 pick.

Hopefully the lose as much as possible now. And hopefully they don't make the conference finals and jump that pick down to 27-30

Just be glad we got the pick. We don't need to be reminded yet again of how bad it can get :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Exactly. lou said himself he thinks we have too many picks. We're going to move some of them.

Very pleased right now

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Hate to rain on the parade but the Pens are looking like legitimate cup contenders right now. Not only are they winning games right now (11 of the last 12), they are crushing their opponents. Quite honestly, I think there is a pretty good chance they win the division (yes, I think they can beat Washington), in which case our pick will be 27th or lower. I have been a Pens fan for a long time now, and although the Leafs always come first, I have to admit I'll be cheering for Pittsburgh in the playoffs. I love seeing the team do well. Anyways, I think the most important thing for Leafs fans is having that certainty that we have that late first!

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Hate to rain on the parade but the Pens are looking like legitimate cup contenders right now. Not only are they winning games right now (11 of the last 12), they are crushing their opponents. Quite honestly, I think there is a pretty good chance they win the division (yes, I think they can beat Washington), in which case our pick will be 27th or lower. I have been a Pens fan for a long time now, and although the Leafs always come first, I have to admit I'll be cheering for Pittsburgh in the playoffs. I love seeing the team do well. Anyways, I think the most important thing for Leafs fans is having that certainty that we have that late first!

It's actually impossible for this to happen.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014

Washington have already clinched the Presidents Trophy. Meaning they are the best team in the NHL with the best record. Even if you didn't know that, mathematically you must gave noticed they are 20 points up on pitts before the day started with 5 games to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad