Pre-Game Talk: It's Not Over 'til It's Over - Game 5 roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Get to work this AM, and waiting for the elevator. A guy in his 50's or so walks in and sees my Rangers hat...

Guy: "Tryin to bring some luck to them tonight with that hat?"

Me: "Yeah man, gotta do it tonight. One game at a time..."

Guy: "It's crazy, they're getting beat by blocked shots"

Me: "Just like Tortorella's team in 2012, now we know how it feels. Hopefully we can get it done tonight though. Just have to believe"

Guy: "Well, I personally hope they don't..."

Me: "Ha...you an Islanders fan?"

Guy: "Nope....Devils fan....have a good day"

:he walks out of elevator:

**** THAT GUY!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
If they lose this series, it'll be an embarrassment to the whole organization.
If they lose it at home, in game 5, it's an embarrassment to every individual in the organization.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Get to work this AM, and waiting for the elevator. A guy in his 50's or so walks in and sees my Rangers hat...

Me: "Just like Tortorella's team in 2012, now we know how it feels. Hopefully we can get it done tonight though. Just have to believe"

They still EXIST????? :laugh:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Saw a guy on the LIRR wearing his Rangers jersey to work. That guy is my idol.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Who was it that said they wanted to "aim for/maybe hit the Rangers in the head" or something in 2012 when the Rangers were blocking so many shots...

Was it the Caps?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Who was it that said they wanted to "aim for/maybe hit the Rangers in the head" or something in 2012 when the Rangers were blocking so many shots...

Was it the Caps?

I believe it was.

I remember in the 2012 playoffs, every analyst was murdering Torts saying it was "anti-hockey" and ridiculous and they should make rules against shot blocking.

Now the Caps are playing an almost identical gameplan and instead Barry Trotz is a genius.

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
I believe it was.

I remember in the 2012 playoffs, every analyst was murdering Torts saying it was "anti-hockey" and ridiculous and they should make rules against shot blocking.

Now the Caps are playing an almost identical gameplan and instead Barry Trotz is a genius.

You should see how convinced the main board is that the NBC broadcast is pro-Rangers. It makes me want to flip my desk in the air.

eyedoc

May 1, 2015
This game is going to be a rout one way or another. Either the Rangers go out and smoke them, or the Caps get and early lead and they roll from there. First goal of the game will be key.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
If this is our last game this season(I hope not), I want to say a big thanks to all the fans here, regardless of all the disagreements we had. It was a fun year and it wouldn't be possible without all of you.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Pull the goalie in the first period!!! lol :laugh:

I would LOVE to chase Holtby. Hopefully this team was watching what the Habs did last night.

I am beyond excited to be in the building tonight. If there's any time the fans can have a serious impact on the game, this is it. I don't want to have a voice tomorrow.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
If this is our last game this season(I hope not), I want to say a big thanks to all the fans here, regardless of all the disagreements we had. It was a fun year and it wouldn't be possible without all of you.

Same to you! I enjoy arguing with you! :laugh:

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
Holy **** guys it may actually be happening!

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad