GDT: its my gdt comeback party!

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
they played very well today, few shaky moments when they scored, but overall they played good for whole 60 minutes today!

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
4th line was dope. Staal line was badass. Skinner was great. Justin Faulk was the best player on the ice. Cam was fantastic. Great all-around team win.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Man, Aho wanted that last goal. His legs were moving like a Roadrunner cartoon

Nordstrom has been amazing the last 5-6 games. Totally different player from the beginning of the season.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Glad Faulk is starting to get back into form. A few of you were ready to sell him off. I still think he's untouchable, we need him on our right side.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Glad Faulk is starting to get back into form. A few of you were ready to sell him off. I still think he's untouchable, we need him on our right side.

I still don't see him as entirely untouchable, but the literal only way you move one of the big 3, hell even add Pesce to that with his chemistry with Slavin, is if someone offers up a legit top line forward that we'd have control for term over. As much as I like Duchene, if Colorado's even looking to move him, he doesn't qualify due to the term requirement.

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't care to move Faulk unless it's for a legit first line scorer, a 70 point player. And even then, it's got to be the right guy, with the right contract, and a solid plan to fill for that RHD spot.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
How did Hainsey lead the team in ice time? :laugh:

Because he can't freaking clear the puck and gets us pinned down in our own zone for entire shifts. I'm nearly convinced he owes money to the mob, some of his clearing attempts and d-zone passes are so bad they look intentional.

I'm not super-thrilled at the idea of a Hainsey-Tennyson pair but Hanifin has earned the chance to move up higher in the lineup, IMO. With Faulk playing as well as he is the last 3-4 games, he can make up for what mistakes Noah does make and the experience against better players will be good for him in the long run.

or maybe you tempt fate and split the Slavin-Pesce pair up

Slavin-Faulk
Hanifin-Pesce

a defensive guy paired with an offensive guy on both pairs. makes a lot of sense.

As far as I care Hainsey can alternate with Dahlbeck on given nights, he's no better than the #6 on this team right now. Tennyson will have a few bad moments here and there but Hainsey is just bad from start to finish.

Last edited:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I still don't see him as entirely untouchable, but the literal only way you move one of the big 3, hell even add Pesce to that with his chemistry with Slavin, is if someone offers up a legit top line forward that we'd have control for term over. As much as I like Duchene, if Colorado's even looking to move him, he doesn't qualify due to the term requirement.

I just don't see how we can move him at this point in time, unless we receive a RHD back in the trade. I don't wanna see Dahlback or Murphy in the lineup if we were to move Faulk.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
We actually have 6 NHL'ers (or at least a guy who can play the system well enough to take it in Tennyson) on the blue line. Let's not think Faulk is expendable.

How have McKweon, Carrick and Fleury looked?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Buffalo fan can't comprehend how our supposedly "meh" lineup beats them to every puck and makes their d-men look like a bunch of scared 8-year-olds on the forecheck.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Boats Ahoes

Apr 28, 2011
Jordan Staal confuses me. I left today thinking he was the best player on the ice, and yet he has nothing to show for it on the scoresheet. It seems to be a reoccurring trend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad