Post-Game Talk: It's going to 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
How is D Moore not a PoG? He has single handedly gotten Crosby off of his game from the startof this series; As clumsy as Boyle is he bails the Rangers out on the PK; The wins have been team efforts - the Rangers are going to eventually need to win some games where they only score 2 goals.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I truly believe the Rangers have been the better team in this series. If you take the ********* schedule into consideration, they may even qualify as a lot better.

That being said, they can't afford to chase the game on Tuesday. Most of those famous 3-1 recoveries happen early in the playoffs. This will be difficult. It could be monumental.

Yeah without that crappy schedule maybe this doesn't go to seven game...then again maybe it does, hard to say for sure but I really think the Rangers needed some practice time to get themselves back in order after losing those two at home

I am very impressed with the Rangers to even force a game 7. Usually the Ranger teams would have mailed in the game 5 performance but these guys didn't. Its the first time since 1939 that the Rangers have forced a game 7 being down 3-1.

Kreider is having trouble receiving the pass. He can shoot the puck and make a pass. Receiving the pass is still an issue. Is it timing? Is the hand still an issue? Before he missed on the opportunity to make it 3-0,he destroyed a Penguin player in the Rangers end. He was aggressive in the first period and then took the two penalties which made him reign it in. Just be aggressive.

That Crosby guy. He starts stuff and skates away. He hides behind the officials. Letang and Kunitz have to get involved to protect Crosby after he started the entire fracas.

he's probably not 100% but he's playing well enough that it's not a big issue if his hand isn't completely healed.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
For once time is actually on our side here. We have a full day off and then rest on game day. This lets Kreider's hand heal some more and let guys like McDonagh/Girardi/Staal and whomever else has black and blue to heal up a bit before game 7. All in the meantime everyone is losing their mind in slewfootland, PA.

How is D Moore not a PoG? He has single handedly gotten Crosby off of his game from the startof this series; As clumsy as Boyle is he bails the Rangers out on the PK; The wins have been team efforts - the Rangers are going to eventually need to win some games where they only score 2 goals.

Moore has been VERY good. But the top 3 should be MSL, Lundqvist and kreider whichever way people wanna put it. Moore is a good HM though.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Penguins have lost their composure again. James Neal got tossed in the end. 10 minute misconduct. He always loses his composure. In 2012,he got suspended for game 4 of the Penguins-Flyers series going after Giroux. The Rangers have Pittsburgh right where they want them. 3-3 after being down 3-1. Pittsburgh blew a 3-2 lead against Montreal in 2010. They blew a 3-1 against Tampa Bay in 2011. Lost game 7 in those series at home. Crosby and Malkin didn't play in that series because of injury. Lost their composure against the Flyers in 2012. The Rangers have won 4 straight games 7's. Ottawa. Washington. Washington on the road. Philadelphia. The Rangers have never won a series trailing 3-1. Coming back to beat Pittsburgh after being down 3-1 would be poetic justice. The Rangers have experienced some brutal and humiliating playoff loses to Pittsburgh.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Speaking of which. Isn't there a rule about players getting tossed with a game misconduct with less than 5mins left in a game? Isn't it an automatic suspension?

CharlieCharleschuk

Nov 26, 2013
Nitpick: Crosby's leg/leg hit on Girardi seemed like a run-of-the-mill trip rather than a slew foot. I always thought the slew foot was a trip that resulted in the victim's head/upper body being driven to the ice, almost like a sideways corkscrew.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bruins fan here wishing you good luck in game 7!

Love the heart the team has shown and I love watching guys like Mac, Marty and Dom Moore.

A Original 6 matchup would be awesome!

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
Nitpick: Crosby's leg/leg hit on Girardi seemed like a run-of-the-mill trip rather than a slew foot. I always thought the slew foot was a trip that resulted in the victim's head/upper body being driven to the ice, almost like a sideways corkscrew.

Agreed, wasn't a slewfoot.

EDIT: This is a better example of a slewfoot, where Marchand used the weight of his upper body to practically flip Niskanen over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOWUohS0nbM

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Bruins fan here wishing you good luck in game 7!

Love the heart the team has shown and I love watching guys like Mac, Marty and Dom Moore.

A Original 6 matchup would be awesome!

Thanks, but I'd prefer the 'other' O6 match up in the conf. finals :D Not to take anything away from an epic series with Boston, but playing Montreal in the play offs would give us a better chance at making the SC finals :D

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Watch Lundqvist get a fine for as much if not more than Shawn Thornton got for the water bottle spray on Crosby.

AlwaysARanger

Schwing!
Aug 6, 2007
Oslo
Watch Lundqvist get a fine for as much if not more than Shawn Thornton got for the water bottle spray on Crosby.

I think its calculated from their salary, and in Hanks case the fine would be 17628,24$ if they choose, as for Thornton, to fine him the maximum of what they can do.

The money goes to the players’ emergency assistance fund

Money well spent ;)

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
Rangers are playing with confidence. "Skating with a purpose" as we used to hear a lot. Mistakes are being made inside the blue line but Henrik seems to have a focus that makes it difficult to get pucks by him and the recovery of the d-men, and forward support, seems to be there. It's been a team effort. They have their skating legs and Fleury isn't on top of his game. The Rangers did miss man opportunities (shanked some shots, couldn't tee it up, etc.), which would have no doubt led to quality scoring chances. It just showed that they appear to be buzzing around the puck. Looking forward to game 7. If they have their skating legs, and Henrik has his focus, it will be a very good game to watch. The Garden sounded more electric (through the TV) than it's sounded it some time.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal

Major difference in what Hank did as compared to Thornton. Thornton sprayed water in Subban's face while the play was active, whereas Hank's spray happened when the play was stopped. He'll probably get a warning not to spray Sid...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Pens are 2-6 all time in game 7s at home.

Pens are 1-7 at home under Bylsma when trying to clinch.

On the flip side we have never won a series trailing 3-1.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I think its calculated from their salary, and in Hanks case the fine would be 17628,24$ if they choose, as for Thornton, to fine him the maximum of what they can do.

The money goes to the players’ emergency assistance fund

Money well spent ;)

Wikipedia tells me the max is 50% of one days salary with a cap of $10k for the first offense

Anyways, obviously the huge thing in this series has been getting the first goal in the game and the Rangers have to come out hard yet again and get that first one tomorrow. Quiet down the Pittsburgh crowd, get in the heads of Fleury and the Pens and get them thinking "oh no not again"

Eyedea40

Dec 4, 2012
Crosby is such trash, kicking skates out from under guys, spears to the nuts. I loved it when hank was squirting water on him.

Anyone listen to the game? Rangers radio announcers were going crazy when the slufoot wasn't called. "GOD FOR BID SID GETS A PENALTY" it was great.

This NBC love fest of Crosby is getting so old.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Lol. It's exactly the same as Crosbys play on G, with the exception of Marchand getting both of Nis's feet.
It has always amazed me how two people can see the same play yet see it so differently. Even with instant replay and slow motion.
To add, what made the play on Girardi worse was the fact that he wasn't expecting contact of any sort, let alone a slew foot, as the play was no where near him!

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I think Crosby's two hander on Hank after the whistle blew was the most egregious play of the night.

NBC showed a close up of McDonagh in the refs face. "He's been doing it ALL night"

AHB*

The last two games could have been won by scoring two goals. Who cares if they ice them even more? They held the Pens to 1 goal over the past 2 games.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dolan covers their fines anyway. 17K to Lundqvist is like 5 bucks to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad