Pre-Game Talk: It's Always Sunny Against Arizona (isn't it??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
It's actually a good thing in my books. Back to the basics as they were playing pretty well up until Saturday.
Kidding? Canadian kids are born with that level of hockey smarts. Think this is Woodcroft admitting to himself that he didn’t inherit a Mensa chapter in this team.

Reactions: PostBradMalone

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is really basic though. I mean it would be like being in a University PhD and a professor telling you that you are going back to Grade 2 Language Arts for a day.
After watching Nurse and Bouchard the last game, some remedial education is badly needed.

Reactions: elmeroil

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
Is our team like really stupid or something? Why is this happening with like 15 games left in the season?

It's not anything they don't know. The problem is that when things get all hyped up they lose all structure. It's the exact same thing we saw against Chicago in the play-in series.

I don't know what it is... do they get high on adrenaline/testosterone and become too aggressive? Does the game just start happening faster than they can think?

Reactions: Duke74

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Been reading your structure-related posts and for the most part they're alright. However, it isn't that outlandish to revisit basic coverage expectations in practice at any level of hockey - that is how you make it happen without thinking in game situations. The only reason this is news is because the Oilers gave up a ton last game, mostly due to being entranced by Gaudreau and chasing him around.

Overall yes, you run coverage expectations at any all levels, this is boiling all the meat off the bone however.

This basic a level should be something that is ingrained by now, to have to physically run it, man that's a bad look.

The way they chased Gaudreau and focused only on him while allowing his teammates to get to open ice, yeeeeesh that was bad.

Hopefully they get a good reset, no matter how basic they have to be, and regroup.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Kidding? Canadian kids are born with that level of hockey smarts. Think this is Woodcroft admitting to himself that he didn’t inherit a Mensa chapter in this team.
Explain why those Canadian kids forgot all of the basics on Saturday then?

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
If Woodcroft has to treat this team like little babies to piss them off and encourage them to be responsible defensively, I'm all for it. Our entire defense just got single handedly dissected by Johnny Hobbit over the weekend any time they should of knocked him on his bum to stop a scoring chance. Back to square one.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Is our team like really stupid or something? Why is this happening with like 15 games left in the season?
When a team has had a coach for years that had terrible systems or lack there of it takes a lot of time to rewire their brains. When things get tough or emotional like in BOA they can tend to revert back as they haven't had enough time and practice to really nail it down in their heads. I hope they can drill it deep in their brains before the playoffs

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I would put Josi above most of those.
Yeah I really like Makar but as it currently stands I dont know how he could win it over Josi. Its damn close but they both have to be in the conversation.

Reactions: Mez

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Well, that sucks, because I would have put him in for Bouchard for a couple games at least. I think only Drai left as an uninfected one. Germans are tough.
Edit: now watch him catch it right before the playoffs start. That would be rich.

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022

The collective ages of our D core is probably higher than the sum of their IQs, so I don’t blame Woodcroft one iota for giving them the remedial treatment.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Well, that sucks, because I would have put him in for Bouchard for a couple games at least. I think only Drai left as an uninfected one. Germans are tough.
Edit: now watch him catch it right before the playoffs start. That would be rich.

Or even better, during the playoffs, and it’s used as a primary excuse for status quo in the offseason when they fail to make the second round, again

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
About f***ing time Kass gets the message to wake the f*** up! Breaking up that top line I'm not crazy about but maybe it's to get PJ going?
LOL poor McDavid and Kane have to carry around JP tonight. Lets see how many whiffs he does or how many times he falls down. Yammo was hot.

It's pathetic that it comes this late, but this team actually needs to learn basic zone D.

Reactions: Sanchez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad