Post-Game Talk: It's A Game Of Inches....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't watch tsn or listen to sports radio. What are they saying? Are they trashing this team, prospects or management? I wasn't expecting playoffs this year. Nobody should. Shannahan there was no timeline for the rebuild to end and that's all I need to hear. The team is in good hands and will slowly improve.

Most are just forgetting to mention him, For example TSN Cuthbert or miller (cant remember which) and ferraro where talking and they mention Matthews show some highlights then Marner highlights then basically said and the rest of the rookies, that kind of thing keeps happening.

But Jeff "O'dog" Oneill has some serious issue with him. he basically talks like Nylander should feel privileged to be on Matthews line.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Getting really tired of JVR not trying. This isn't him recovering from his injury, he played like this before he got hurt. He's played like this for years.

I used to like him but he plays with no intensity whatsoever. He's also uncharacteristically soft for a guy his size.

Rick74*

Oct 7, 2016
London, Ont
My advice to the younger/inexperienced fans: Don't expect playoffs. Get playoffs out of your head entirely. Seems to be a lot of you completely freaking out over something small. This is the youngest team in the league and we don't even look all that bad. We've gotten 4 out of 8 potential points and things look like they can even improve in the very short-term.

Sometimes you lose games that look win-able. And sometimes you win games you should have lost. But all-in-all, it's a HUGE stretch to expect playoffs with this very young team.

These forums need a like feature.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Getting really tired of JVR not trying. This isn't him recovering from his injury, he played like this before he got hurt. He's played like this for years.

If only he was Canadian, he'd be a beast. ;)

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
People need to chill on JVR, he was our best player last year until he got injured and he is still rounding into form. He is going to be fine.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They've only lost 1 game out of 4 in regulation. How do you possibly extrapolate that to 79 regulation losses? Clearly your math is way out of whack. A couple good replies have already addressed this but I couldn't resist.

I went to bed last night after the 2nd hoping they would hang on for the win. So I didn't see the third. Too bad they couldn't close it. Eric Staal again!

Clearly our reading apprehension is out of whack. 79 more like the last game which was a loss. Nothing was mentioned about the current record to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad