It wasn't pretty but... Habs win 4-1

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
We're not playing playoff hockey because we're not in the playoffs.
I think this team is doing just fine. No one thought we would be where we are at this point of the season.

You start going into playoff mode before the playoffs start. Why? Because you can't just kick it into gear when the playoffs start. You want to go into the playoffs playing at your best....then take it up a notch in the playoffs.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
You can buyout anyone you please. You can't use compliance buyouts (no cap penalty) for players signed under the current CBA, but we used both of ours anyway (maximum of two per team).

yeah well said, still dont see the value of buying out briere as his cap hit is low and will still count.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You start going into playoff mode before the playoffs start. Why? Because you can't just kick it into gear when the playoffs start. You want to go into the playoffs playing at your best....then take it up a notch in the playoffs.

Yup...
kinda like Crank did when he took out two panthers with one hit along the boards :laugh:

HABS win CUPS*

we're tied with LA for being on the current hottest winning streak across the league with 5 in a row so id say we're in a good gear no matter how we're winning Price is also looking stronger each game

also

5 Max Pacioretty MTL L 67 35 19 54 +6 35 10 17 1 1 10 2 247 14.2 18:23 23.6 60.0

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
we're tied with LA for being on the current hottest winning streak across the league with 5 in a row so id say we're in a good gear no matter how we're winning Price is also looking stronger each game

also

5 Max Pacioretty MTL L 67 35 19 54 +6 35 10 17 1 1 10 2 247 14.2 18:23 23.6 60.0

Do you mind if i use some of those numbers for the lottery :naughty:

TimStrickland

Jul 30, 2011
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
I found this in my fridge to celebrate. :laugh: Must be a leftover from one of the house parties I hosted this winter.

0001820000063_300x300.jpg

Whack ass beer :laugh:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If we send a guy on a one way contract to the minors, does it still not count against the Cap ?

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Whack ass beer :laugh:

I actually opened it up and tried for the very first time in my life. Beer flavoured water basically, but it isn't going down all that easily and I've only had a quarter of a pint before putting it aside. :help:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If we send a guy on a one way contract to the minors, does it still not count against the Cap ?

From Capgeek:

BURIED CONTRACTS (Wade Redden Rule)
Money paid to players outside of the NHL counts against the cap.
A one-way contract counts against the cap as follows:
cap hit – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ]
Example: If Player A with cap hit $6.5M plays in the minors in 2013-14, he counts as follows.
$6.5M – [ $550,000 + $375,000 ] = $5.575M
A two-way contract counts as follows:
minor-league salary – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ]
Example: Player B’s two-way contract pays $3M/$1M in 2013-14 and counts as follows in the minors.
$1M – [ $550,000 + $375,000 ] = $75,000

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/new-cba

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Okay. When we first got Vanek, I was super freaking pumped, but it was all "Well, he's going to Minnesota, so let's just enjoy it while it lasts."

Now..........

I'm selfish. I want him on this team in the future, for whatever it takes. I don't know what it is, but every single game since that Ottawa comeback (hell, even that crappy Western road trip before that) I've been pumped to watch these guys play. Don't get me wrong, I always looked forward to games before because thats what diehards do, but still. This guy is the first "star" player we have ACQUIRED in years since Kovy (my favourite player while he was here) and he's putting on a show with 67 and 51. He's big, he goes into the tough areas to get the puck and score goals, and he's strong on his feet. He's not a centre, but he's the power-forward type player we've been wanting for years. Now we have him, and we don't even know if we can keep him.

Please Bergy. I know you don't like FA's and their huge contracts, but PLEASE go out of your way to lock this guy up. I know it mostly comes down to where he wants to be at the end of the day, but if you can make it work, do it.

P.S. Good win boys :sarcasm::yo:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Pretty much like coors light. Commercial American beers are weak (4.3 for regular, 4.1 for light) :laugh:

Also:

man, if you're having a summertime jam the 55 coors for 50 at costco is stupid sweet. sure, i would never buy coors now but if I had people coming over to party, even today, i would go pick up 55 coors for 50.

do they still have it? last time I did it was 2 years ago? :laugh:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
man, if you're having a summertime jam the 55 coors for 50 at costco is stupid sweet. sure, i would never buy coors now but if I had people coming over to party, even today, i would go pick up 55 coors for 50.

do they still have it? last time I did it was 2 years ago? :laugh:

Dunno, but getting drunk on coors is tough. You have to drink 5 of them by the time you would drink 4 5% beer, not counting the fact you'll pee more often. Canadian regular beer is the way to go.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Dunno, but getting drunk on coors is tough. You have to drink 5 of them by the time you would drink 4 5% beer, not counting the fact you'll pee more often. Canadian regular beer is the way to go.

not to get drunk, social etiquette for if people don't have any beers, or if a couple random people show up, and you need something to offer them.

if you want to get drunk on coors, it's not hard, just need to keep them coming all night.

if you want to go big, well, shotgun about 6 straight, or funnel.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Okay. When we first got Vanek, I was super freaking pumped, but it was all "Well, he's going to Minnesota, so let's just enjoy it while it lasts."

Now..........

I'm selfish. I want him on this team in the future, for whatever it takes. I don't know what it is, but every single game since that Ottawa comeback (hell, even that crappy Western road trip before that) I've been pumped to watch these guys play. Don't get me wrong, I always looked forward to games before because thats what diehards do, but still. This guy is the first "star" player we have ACQUIRED in years since Kovy (my favourite player while he was here) and he's putting on a show with 67 and 51. He's big, he goes into the tough areas to get the puck and score goals, and he's strong on his feet. He's not a centre, but he's the power-forward type player we've been wanting for years. Now we have him, and we don't even know if we can keep him.

Please Bergy. I know you don't like FA's and their huge contracts, but PLEASE go out of your way to lock this guy up. I know it mostly comes down to where he wants to be at the end of the day, but if you can make it work, do it.

P.S. Good win boys :sarcasm::yo:

Yeah...
it's called net presence.
First Hab i can remember in a hell of a long time (with hands) who isn't on his ass in the slot.

We need to woo Mrs V any ideas anyone...
:naughty::naughty::naughty:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Team only just outplayed the lowly panthers and their **** goalie. 'Wasn't pretty' doesn't really cover it.

I'll take the two points and the playoff berth, though.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Team only just outplayed the lowly panthers and their **** goalie. 'Wasn't pretty' doesn't really cover it.

To be fair Ellis was stout in the first period.
I guess we decided we needed 1day and two periods off before facing the Bolts.

Habsman10*

At least when we look alright we win, when the Leafs look anything less than absolutely perfect they lose.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
At least when we look alright we win, when the Leafs look anything less than absolutely perfect they lose.
Believe it or not, most Leaf wins are games they didn't deserve. Their goalies have been amazing. Up until his injury Bernier was looking like a possible Vezina candidate.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That 3rd goal was really ****ing nice.

Bloody Fantastic.
i was up from my couch shouting what a goal what a goal !!!!
woke up the Missus.

We've had some real beauties lately. :)
i'm worried were going too fancy.
Gonna need some of that North/South type of play real soon.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

The way I see it, we took an early lead and sat on it the whole game.

I don't have a problem with that. One of 82 regular season games. It's actually a good sign if we can win games despite not playing that hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad