It wasn't pretty but... Habs win 4-1

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Man, how's it feel to have not one but TWO legit first line forwards for a change? Vanek and Patch... just sweet. Hopefully we can re-sign Vanek. And I'd really like to see Galchenyuk centering one or both of these guys next year to bring him along.

It feels like I'm watching another team!!
It's so unreal.

And Leafs lose their 8 th in a row :yo:

Life is good in Habsland

hogtownhabsfan*

Gotta say, I am more pumped for the playoffs then even the 1st place conference finish a few years back. Vanek has been an absolute boss!

Fully healthy, with Gorges, Prust, and Moen back.... this is the best Habs team I can ever remember....

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
So the only way that we don't meet Tampa is if the Red Wings catches one of us before the end of the season. They're 9 points behind TB and 11 behind us, with 8 games to play. Can we start a thread on this series yet, or would it be a jinx?

At least a Mtl/TBL series is unlikely to be too violent for a first round.

Habs will need to be in top form for the Bruins. :naughty:

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I like how our game finished before the Tampa Buffalo game, but NHL.com updated Tampa's total before ours, just so they can put Tampa ahead of us by virtue of games played for a few minutes until they add our 2 points.

NHL.com is run out of Toronto! I'm sure of it! :sarcasm:

442b06e4a6fcc411d08a1ac24a7226fc

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Winning is great, and obviously important, but this team is not playing playoff hockey. Far from it actually. I'm more than a bit concerned.

I hear you. Hard to be motivated right now, though. They don't really have anything to play for so they're just coasting. I'd be more worried if we were looking like this in important games.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Is there any chance we can afford to re sign Vanek AND Subban to massive contracts??

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Fun stat: with tonight's win, Toronto can win out while Montreal loses out, and we'll be 1 point ahead of them.

Montreal > Toronto for 2014. It's in the books.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Taste of PO starts Tues...
BTW Did AC choose the 3***
How the ******* is Boyes a Star and Price not...

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
I hear you. Hard to be motivated right now, though. They don't really have anything to play for so they're just coasting. I'd be more worried if we were looking like this in important games.

We're not playing playoff hockey because we're not in the playoffs.
I think this team is doing just fine. No one thought we would be where we are at this point of the season.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Lol, Gaston Therrien is actually saying Price is not a good puck handler.

What the S.

The guy is the best in the league jesus.

Big price fan but bishop and mike smith ( as well as old man brodeur) might take offense.

But I'm not worried when Price plays the puck, definitely one of his strengths.

HABS win CUPS*

I went and bought chocolate milk from the dep because of the GDT......it's good

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Fun stat: with tonight's win, Toronto can win out while Montreal loses out, and we'll be 1 point ahead of them.

Montreal > Toronto for 2014. It's in the books.

It wasn't too long ago the Leafs were 3 points ahead of the Habs and now the Habs are 13 points ahead of them. :) Pretty epic collapse going on with the Leafs right now.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
the need to fix the playoff format. it's dumb the three hottest teams are in the same division, and will only have 1 left by the conference finals no matter what. it's silly.

Should be:
Boston
Pittsburgh
Tampa
Montreal
New York
Philadelphia
Columbus
Detroit

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
they can probably re-sign Gio if they buyout one of bork or briere and don't re-sign bouillon

Can't buy out guys signed in this CBA so briere going away is moot if I understand correctly.

Priority is subban> markov=vanek

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I found this in my fridge to celebrate. :laugh: Must be a leftover from one of the house parties I hosted this winter.

0001820000063_300x300.jpg

:laugh: . I had one this year, and I don't know how I drank 12 cans a night in high school.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Can't buy out guys signed in this CBA so briere going away is moot if I understand correctly.

Priority is subban> markov=vanek

You can buyout anyone you please. You can't use compliance buyouts (no cap penalty) for players signed under the current CBA, but we used both of ours anyway (maximum of two per team).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad