It wasn't pretty but... Habs win 4-1

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
would be so great if Max passed Kessel in total goals with almost 10 less games

How many goals did Kessel have before Patch netted his first?
wasn't it like mid Novemberish...?
he's certainly got the upper hand since.
oh and his team is also winning hockey games. :naughty:

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
To be fair Ellis was stout in the first period.
I guess we decided we needed 1day and two periods off before facing the Bolts.

If they think that kind of effort will do against Tampa though, it'll be a LONG Tuesday night :laugh:

But yeah. 2 points. Take'em, go back to the beach, and get ready to bleed for it tuesday.

PricePkPatch*

so, Eller was given the 2nd line to center, ahead of Briere in the depth chart.

How did he do tonight?

Also, how was Subban?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If they think that kind of effort will do against Tampa though, it'll be a LONG Tuesday night :laugh:

But yeah. 2 points. Take'em, go back to the beach, and get ready to bleed for it tuesday.

I'm fairly confident that won't be the case.
Everyone knows Tuesday will be a "send a message" type of game for both clubs.
Rest tomorrow and back at it Monday for the measuring.
I'll be stunned if we don't see some emotion in Tuesday's game.
Go Habs Go :handclap:

Last edited:

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Okay. When we first got Vanek, I was super freaking pumped, but it was all "Well, he's going to Minnesota, so let's just enjoy it while it lasts."

Now..........

I'm selfish. I want him on this team in the future, for whatever it takes. I don't know what it is, but every single game since that Ottawa comeback (hell, even that crappy Western road trip before that) I've been pumped to watch these guys play. Don't get me wrong, I always looked forward to games before because thats what diehards do, but still. This guy is the first "star" player we have ACQUIRED in years since Kovy (my favourite player while he was here) and he's putting on a show with 67 and 51. He's big, he goes into the tough areas to get the puck and score goals, and he's strong on his feet. He's not a centre, but he's the power-forward type player we've been wanting for years. Now we have him, and we don't even know if we can keep him.

Please Bergy. I know you don't like FA's and their huge contracts, but PLEASE go out of your way to lock this guy up. I know it mostly comes down to where he wants to be at the end of the day, but if you can make it work, do it.

P.S. Good win boys :sarcasm::yo:

Agreed, I get excited when I think about what Vanek is going to do on the ice. Subban used to make me feel that way but it hasn't been like that in a while. So have other players, but they were only fleeting sentiments. Even MT isn't bad enough to f!@# up this guy :D

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Bloody Fantastic.
i was up from my couch shouting!!!!
woke up the Missus.

We've had some real beauties lately. :)
i'm worried were going too fancy.
Gonna need some of that North/South type of play real soon.

fap fap fap... oh wait... you were talking about hockey. *puts it away

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Man, how's it feel to have not one but TWO legit first line forwards for a change? Vanek and Patch... just sweet. Hopefully we can re-sign Vanek. And I'd really like to see Galchenyuk centering one or both of these guys next year to bring him along.

Give Deshernais his due. He's a first liner minus that slump.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
FEMemcC.jpg

5 in a row boys! :yo:

I'm pretty sure I made that pic, especially because of that font.

PricePkPatch*

How much effort do the Habs put into each game?

Just enough to win. Not more, not less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad