GBU It was mighty decent of the Sabres to show up tonight (Caps-Sabres #2)

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
G: They deserved to win that game.
B: Unfortunately, that doesn’t count in the standings and this is a tough start in the division of death.
U: Dahlin

greenhawk

Blue & Gold = Green!
May 20, 2006
Germany
I know Eichel was injured going into training camp. Looks like he still plays hurt. Have no other explanation for his performance.

Tage has to be demoted soon. He kills a lot of offense plays.

Dahlin still makes mistakes like a rookie and his offense is nowhere near where it was expected when he was drafted.

With a bit more luck there is still enough time to turn this season around. Lines need a bit of gelling. I‘m convinced there is enough talent to make the playoffs.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I see a player in Cozens that will be very effective. I didn’t like the pick at the time, but everything he’s done since has impressed me. I’m still doubtful about whether he has the hands to be a big time producer, but I think his play will help the Sabres win games.

Reactions: Aladyyn

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
my copy of the Sabres play book hasn’t come in yet.
FB_IMG_1610809161932.jpg

tunaboy

Dec 22, 2016
coaching is horrible plain and simple ,skinner needs to be in top 6 ,we need to replace hutton yesterday ,trade one of montour,miller for a left handed D who is physical ,we also need a marcus foligno type player .we have skill but no thump .here are the lines i would try .. HALL EICHEL SAM SKINNER STAAL VICTOR RIERDER COZENS THOMPSON SHEAHAN EAKIN LAZAR ON DEFENSE PLAY SIX AND KEEP THEM TOGETHER FOR GOD SAKES .. DAHLIN AND JOKER JACK AND RISTO MONTOUR AND MILLER

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Mike Harrington: Sabres coach Ralph Krueger needs to make quick pivot with Jeff Skinner
It seems simple really. Monday in Philadelphia, Krueger needs to roll Hall-Eichel-Reinhart and Skinner with Eric Staal and Victor Olofsson. Don't overthink it.

Harrington is right. :eek2: In a 56 game season points are precious. This is a sprint, not a marathon. Krueger has to quit trying to be the Dalai Lama and put the pedal to the metal.

Thank you for actually using the correct spelling instead of “pedal to the medal”

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
Thank you for actually using the correct spelling instead of “pedal to the medal”

Yuppp. That, to my observation, is the #3 most common grammar error on sports message boards that is not common elsewhere.

#2: Using dominate (thinking it's pronounced with a soft a) when they mean dominant: "Cozens will be a dominate player soon."

#1: Forgetting complement is a word and always using compliment: "Reinhart and Staal really compliment one another." Well, that's awfully nice of them...but how well do they play together?

[/GrammarNazi]

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yuppp. That, to my observation, is the #3 most common grammar error on sports message boards that is not common elsewhere.

#2: Using dominate (thinking it's pronounced with a soft a) when they mean dominant: "Cozens will be a dominate player soon."

#1: Forgetting complement is a word and always using compliment: "Reinhart and Staal really compliment one another." Well, that's awfully nice of them...but how well do they play together?

[/GrammarNazi]

English can be mastered through tough thorough thought though.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

[/GrammarNazi]
And to
@MarkusKetterer

This seems like an odd thing to worry about on a message board like this. We have posters from other countries, posters who use talk to text and spell check functions that frequently change words just as they're posted. Some posters are also simply bad at typing (myself) and don’t feel like spending a ton of time proof reading a long post on a hockey message board. We’re not submitting term papers on here.

Last edited:

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
And to
@MarkusKetterer

This seems like an odd thing to worry about on a message board like this. We have posters from other countries, posters who use talk to text and spell check functions that frequently change words just as they're posted. Some posters are also simply bad at typing (myself) and don’t feel like spending a ton of time proof reading a long post on a hockey message board. We’re not submitting term papers on here.

Not a real complaint; I meant it more as an observation that I found humorous. Feel free to delete.

Reactions: joshjull

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
And to
@MarkusKetterer

I don’t worry about it. Just that it internally makes me roll my eyes. I know sometimes it can be because of speech to text, or Siri being unhelpful at grammar, and I ignore it anyway.

I r sry tho

Reactions: joshjull

WoahBoy

Uhmmmmm....SECHS!
Nov 14, 2003
East of the Hudson
Montour is definitely the worst player on this roster. Goaltending has been ho-hum as well. I don’t think Hutton was as awful as the stats led on in Game 1, but Ullmark looked real shaky and lucky at times in #2. We’ll see what the future brings but this team definitely needed a couple preseason games. Have a long road ahead, but hey, it’s hockey!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad