GBU It was mighty decent of the Sabres to show up tonight (Caps-Sabres #2)

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
The Ugly: We played better than last night and the Caps totally mailed it in...and we still lost.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Good: Overall they played well

Bad: Luck

U: PP. They need to can whoever's in charge. Two years in a row is pathetic.

People calling this a tank after today's game. I'm not even saying they are a good team, but tonight's game is little reason to be upset with the team

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
I'll give them 5 games.. but here's what I'm seeing
Eichel Can't win a faceoff
Dahlin looks lost
No secondary scoring/pressure
Team D is brutal
Goal-tending is bad
Special teams are bad

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
G: Skinner, Reinhart and the defense except for the big chungus.

B Playing well is just not enough. If we lose the next game we're already in a pretty deep hole.

U: Hutton will be back in net.
If our captain showed up ready for the season this should have been at least a tie.

Reactions: Samsonite23

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
They deserved the win tonight but mainly because the Caps were crap. I can't help but focus on the negatives:
- Dahlin is literally messing up every single play, could not be playing worse
- Eichel is also messing up a lot too, he'll always be involved in offense but way too many mistakes, again looks very slow for a guy supposed to be one of the fastest skaters in the league (and it's easy to tell when Hall is on your line), and I don't know if he won a single face-off all game

Good includes Hall, Reinhart, Ristolainen, Skinner among others.

This season could get away from us in a hurry.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
G: Good effort, especially Skniner, Cozens lines
B: Powerplay
U: Tage Thompson in the top-six

Reactions: Club

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
G: Risto
all the d was fine except Dahlin actually
Skinner and Reinhart
Sheahan plays a solid quiet game it seems

B: Not having a single person besides Risto who can lay a hit, we got pushed around bad these last 2 games
Eichel
Everyone on offense but Skinner seems to wanna go to the same place...

U; Dahlin was the worst player on the ice for both teams.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
U: Dahlin looks REALLY bad. I know it's only two games but.... it's extremely worrying.

He looks brutal. sure

But it’s 2 games after 10 months off. I’m going to cut the kid some slack here.

if he looks like this in March, then we can worry

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

upload_2021-1-15_22-19-36.gif

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Skinner mad?

Skinner just sounds professional to me, and he acknowledges that Krueger has more to think/worry about than he does.

Either way, I like Skinner's attitude about not complaining to media and just continuing to play his game. I hope he gets his chance to stick in the top six very soon. I'm fed up with seeing Thompson in the top six, where he has no business being

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Skinner just sounds professional to me, and he acknowledges that Krueger has more to think/worry about than he does.

Either way, I like Skinner's attitude about not complaining to media and just continuing to play his game. I hope he gets his chance to stick in the top six very soon. I'm fed up with seeing Thompson in the top six, where he has no business being
Agreed about Skinner’s attitude. I wonder if that somewhat snarky response was due to how the reporter phrased the question. I didn’t hear it so I couldn’t say.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

I thought the part where he mentioned how "conversations between a coach and player should be kept in the room" was a shot at Krueger? Or no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->