Post-Game Talk: IT WAS 4-1 | LEAFS WIN 5-4 IN OVERTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Lightning fan said that Eysimmont was taken out by a vicious hit to the head.

.....He's blind, right?
It was a clean hit to the chest. They cling to the one angle where the arm looks raised and refuse to look at the other angle where it is nowhere near him. I'm sure that I can convince these people that I can pinch the moon.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Let’s talk about breaks and bounces, shall we?

TB: 2nd goal in game 3 was a bounce.
3rd goal in game 4 was a bounce.
Bunting head hunting in game 1 was a break.
Not being on 5-on-3 pk after Stamko’s antics was a break.

TML: Potentially got a break on Point’s goal even though I think it was under Sammy pad.

Amazing thing is that Tampa pretty much got all breaks and bounces this series and we are still up 3-1.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Let’s talk about breaks and bounces, shall we?

TB: 2nd goal in game 3 was a bounce.
3rd goal in game 4 was a bounce.
Bunting head hunting in game 1 was a break.
Not being on 5-on-3 pk after Stamko’s antics was a break.

TML: Potentially got a break on Point’s goal even though I think it was under Sammy pad.

Amazing thing is that Tampa pretty much got all breaks and bounces this series and we are still up 3-1.

Losing Cernak was a bad break. Hedman not 100% is a bad break.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Tampa had a good first period. After that they ran out of gas and the leafs gradually took over.

Perry is probably injured. He was barely on the ice in the second half of the game
Perry 6:55 in 14 shifts, 5 in the third.

Maroon 7:47 in 12 shifts, 5 in the third.

More a matter of invisible, I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Losing Cernak was a bad break. Hedman not 100% is a bad break.
Good point! I was thinking just the other day how happy I am that we're 100% healthy. No Tavares out for the series, no Foligno (or it would be ROR this year) not able to play, no injury issues at all.

Oops, forgot about Murray. :rolleyes:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If the Leafs somehow close this out on Thursday with a good effort from start to finish, I'm goin into the match up against Boston confident that they can do it.
That is if Boston makes it. They have also have 3-1 lead.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Perry 6:55 in 14 shifts, 5 in the third.

Maroon 7:47 in 12 shifts, 5 in the third.

More a matter of invisible, I think.
That’s quite interesting since TB was dominating in the first, Leafs pushed back in the 2nd but still TB was leading 2-1 or 3-1 majority of the time.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
This team is only different if they win the 4th. They must come prepared. Tampa is always ready and if they take a game, they go home right after. Then you leave a game 7. Don't let it happen. Win at home. Give these fans the best game yet.
The collapse against the Habs is still fresh in the minds of many of our players. I'm sure they don't ever want to feel that way again, so they better be prepared from the opening whistle.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Habs fan here...yeah I know....just wanted to see how impressed I am with your team. Finally, 2nd round is really in sight. And no matter how people could see Vasilievski, those deflections were pure art. You guys deserve everything that happens right now. And you will close this. Now...you can go back at hating me...lol.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Habs fan here...yeah I know....just wanted to see how impressed I am with your team. Finally, 2nd round is really in sight. And no matter how people could see Vasilievski, those deflections were pure art. You guys deserve everything that happens right now. And you will close this. Now...you can go back at hating me...lol.
Thanks @Whitesnake. Straight up good of you to say.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It was a clean hit to the chest. They cling to the one angle where the arm looks raised and refuse to look at the other angle where it is nowhere near him. I'm sure that I can convince these people that I can pinch the moon.
Imagine fans of teams only seeing what they want to see. Lots on here just as guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad