It looks like Duchene has found his place on Columbus

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Clutch definitely exists and I (unfortunately) am living proof.
In low pressure situations I was always able to dominate. However, I consistently could not perform in high pressure situations as the pressure always got the best of me. I was never capable of overcoming this mental barrier.

I can tell that clutch is very real from personal experience.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
I tossed a coin 8 times, I wanted heads, 5 tails and 3 heads.... Then I said to the coin, do or die, it came up with 2 heads.

Is my coin clutch?

Just because coincidence is a thing does not mean clutch isn't a thing. A human's ability to perform under pressure depends on that human's persona. It doesn't mean Justin William will always score in overtime, but it means he has a higher probability than most. It doesn't mean Ovechkin will never become clutch, but it means he may need to learn to deal with the pressure better or put less pressure on himself...etc.

Reactions: Kalv

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I tossed a coin 8 times, I wanted heads, 5 tails and 3 heads.... Then I said to the coin, do or die, it came up with 2 heads.

Is my coin clutch?

If you trained...

And it was the World Cup of Coin Flipping. A million dollars was on the line...

And you had practiced your entire life and could flip that ******** coin to land heads, and you landed that thing heads when you needed to, would you call it luck?

No, obviously not. It's called determination, skill, and intention under pressure.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
He said it several times that he is not chasing money. His top 2 priorities are 1) Winning and 2) His family.

Perfect, Colorado it is. I will welcome him back with open arms.

Landy - Mack - Kefoot
Jost - Duchene - Podkolzin
Calvert - Soderberg - Rantanen
Nieto - Brassard - Compher

Girard - Johnson
Zadorov - Barrie
Cole - Makar
Nemeth

Grubauer
Francouz

It could work

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Anyone who has ever golfed knows that clutch exists.

Your foursome are all able to golf to a certain standard. Suddenly you are all at the tee with another group waiting and watching behind you. Three of you hit terrible shots, way below your own standard. One of you cranks it solid up with the middle, a little better than standard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad