Post-Game Talk: It is possible... 4 points back

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Good job of not going to OT boys for 557 time and gettin that pp goin. Why this team can't get ENs is beyond me but we got a win in reg. Helm had a good night it looks like.

Does the puck going in after the final buzzer count?

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
The Dallas game on November 8th is where our season turned around.

c9Gfq9x.png

Almost a 10% increase in possession, jesus Christ

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
I feel like this is the first time Pacioretty hasn't burned Detroit. Didn't even notice him tonight.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
i think the wings horrible powerplay skewed people's perception of their even strength play in this game

I was looking more of a dominating performance than a close, tight game. Montreal played yesterday and started their third string goaltender. Should have been a much easier win, IMO.

Aug 6, 2012
I was looking more of a dominating performance than a close, tight game. Montreal played yesterday and started their third string goaltender. Should have been a much easier win, IMO.

Montreal is one of the better teams in the league. I think your expectations are out of whack to be honest.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Montreal is one of the better teams in the league. I think your expectations are out of whack to be honest.

If you get a team playing on a back to back with their third stringer and 10 freaking minutes of PP time you should do better than what the Wings did. Especially with the shots and Corsi being what they were, it sure looked like a much closer game.

Who is the "everyone in the room" in that tweet? The players? Media?

Aug 6, 2012
If you get a team playing on a back to back with their third stringer and 10 freaking minutes of PP time you should do better than what the Wings did. Especially with the shots and Corsi being what they were, it sure looked like a much closer game.

Back to backs don't mean much at this point in the season. Tokarski didn't play like a third stringer either. Was it the most impressive win? No, but its not going to be perfect everytime and we beat the best team in the East.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

You cant win every game 5 to 1 no matter the circumstances in todays nhl. Especially against good teams. And Especially against Montreal.

Just be happy we beat Montreal. we might not do it again this season.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Why would anybody think a team should be a pushover just because they played yesterday? These are professional athletes. They do nothing but exert their bodies every single day. They're not like you, going for a 2 mile jog and ending up with twelve pulled muscles, having to stay on the couch to recover for a week.

If players weren't able to be competitive in back to back game days, the NHL wouldn't have back to back game days.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Okay game. A few too many mistakes that could have been costly if Montreal had converted or Mrazek wasn't so good. But overall we were the slightly better team in a game where both teams looked bad. Our PP could have cost us the game but it came up with 1 important goal so it gets a pass for this one.

Nice to see our grinders come up with a win. Helm, Abby, Sheahan were some of our best forwards in this game.

12 game point streak and closing in on Montreal. Keep this train going!

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Okay game. A few too many mistakes that could have been costly if Montreal had converted or Mrazek wasn't so good. But overall we were the slightly better team in a game where both teams looked bad. Our PP could have cost us the game but it came up with 1 important goal so it gets a pass for this one.

Nice to see our grinders come up with a win. Helm, Abby, Sheahan were some of our best forwards in this game.

12 game point streak and closing in on Montreal. Keep this train going!

Agreed big time on Sheahan. I thought he played a great game. Whenever he got the puck down-low in the zone he protected it and kept possession going.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm

Who is the "everyone in the room" in that tweet? The players? Media?

Took it as the players and Blash in the first place. But not sure either.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Good win. For how ugly it looked, I think that's just a game against the Habs. They are hell on our transition game, and counter so quickly. Once we get established in their zone, though, I thought we had a clear advantage. It's encouraging we beat Montreal at this type of game, in the past I don't think we would have been able to grab those two goals in the third.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Good win. For how ugly it looked, I think that's just a game against the Habs. They are hell on our transition game, and counter so quickly. Once we get established in their zone, though, I thought we had a clear advantage. It's encouraging we beat Montreal at this type of game, in the past I don't think we would have been able to grab those two goals in the third.
To be honest if they had Price we probably have our usual 2-1 loss against them. They are the masters of looking mediocre and still winning a lot, they just can't do it as reliably without Price.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
To be honest if they had Price we probably have our usual 2-1 loss against them. They are the masters of looking mediocre and still winning a lot, they just can't do it as reliably without Price.

I do not know. All 3 goals looked good, none was soft. They were desperate to win, while we Are on the roll.

We Are the hottest team in the league, 17 out of 20 points.

We have 2 solid goaltenders.
Our defence is fine and they have been contributing offensively.
Forwards Are very good.

I like our forecheck , we seem much better now. I think Kronwall has too many giveaways.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I thought there was a lot of sloppy play by both sides. That being said it was a pretty entertaining game. Helm with soo many breakaways, glad to see him get at least one in the net lol. Sheahan looked dangerous with the puck in the o-zone. Glad they got the W and even if they didn't play their best game, at the end of the day they got the 2 points and fought hard until the end. I'd prefer that over sitting back with the lead trying to "protect" it then blowing it like we've seen in the past. I like this team and if they can continue picking up point(s) even while not playing super dominate that is a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad