Post-Game Talk: It is possible... 4 points back

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I don't believe some of you think they looked bad. They had a pretty subpar second, but their first was great and the third speaks for itself.

We witnessed this against san jose in the playoffs--- each team was fighting for every inch and when that happens to this extenr BOTH teams look bad, but I saw a great effort and I love that they were resilient enough to come from behind late and win.

Admittedly our powerplay was terrible.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
In the last 5 minutes of that game, all I could think of is how much better they look closing out games with Blash than with Babcock. They...actually keep playing. None of that sit-back-and-let-them-take-it-to-us stuff.

So much this.

Both teams looked sloppy. I'd say MTL carried the play a bit more, but not by much. Mrazek was fine.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I never see Pavel as bad as today .Is he injured or he just try to stay healthy

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
We're 4th in the league right now. Not bad.

9th by P%. 5th in the East. Always gotta take dat games played into account.

Edit: just noticed that NHL.com's team stats page has a column for W, L, OT, and.... T? Ties? Literally every team has 0. Did they just leak a coming rule change? Who did this?

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
9th by P%. 5th in the East. Always gotta take dat games played into account.

Edit: just noticed that NHL.com's team stats page has a column for W, L, OT, and.... T? Ties? Literally every team has 0. Did they just leak a coming rule change? Who did this?

4th in the East. Same games played as NYI but we have more ROW.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Ah right, they haven't updated with tonight's games yet.

Looks like they did.

Last game was an SOL, this game is a win. Currently with 37 points, 4th in the East and 6th in the league.

Not that it matters, since we only have to fight the rest of the Atlantic unless we fall into that wildcard category.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Huge game from Helm and Mrazek. Petr probably shoulda had that first one, but to stop that many breakaways was huge. Bailed out the D for sure.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Can't agree with that. Maybe the best team since Lidstrom retired.

Would the 2011 team be better?

I think people forget that team was probably the last real surefire contender we actually had.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Looks like they did.

Last game was an SOL, this game is a win. Currently with 37 points, 4th in the East and 6th in the league.

Not that it matters, since we only have to fight the rest of the Atlantic unless we fall into that wildcard category.

They updated the standings page but not the team stats page. Still shows us with 35 points and I just refreshed it literally 2 seconds ago. Also seriously, does anyone have a clue why it shoes a T category?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
They updated the standings page but not the team stats page. Still shows us with 35 points and I just refreshed it literally 2 seconds ago. Also seriously, does anyone have a clue why it shoes a T category?

Why are you looking at the team stats page? :laugh:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
That was a pretty sloppy game. Smith looked awful. Tatar looked terrible. Green and Kronwall were very meh. DeKeyser looked good again and led the team in ice time. What was up with the most obvious hooking call there ever was not getting called?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad