Friedman: It’s now Duck season on Anaheim’s pending UFA’s

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I was surprised when I looked at his stats. Could be a nice add for a playoff team.
He’d be a great add for a playoff team bottom 6, prob a big market on him too tho he’d never get the value he’s worth to us

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Thanks for the Thread @Leonardo87.

I agree with @A1LeafNation that Elliotte walks the line with a foot on each side. That said, I believe he genuinely does pursue & receive information. These situations are so fluid that I understand why he's so cagey.

Regarding Trade Targets - I know he's not a Pending FA but I think another target is/should be John Gibson. From the good folks at Cap Friendly, I see he has a Modified No Trade Clause (10 Team no-go list). Your Ducks also have over $42M in Cap Space.

Although Gibson is $6.4M through to '26-'27, I think he's still good enough to help a contender over the top for the next few years. If the Ducks are willing to retain, I personally think he's worth taking a hard run at, perhaps attached to a Pending FA.
I could see gibson being moved at draft if we move a bunch of our ufa at the deadline.

dostal is ready to jump up next year…. And we’ll have plenty of money to find a stop gap goalie… even a guy like mrazk or koskinen would be okay for a team that’s tanking but it wouldn’t be cheap. From oilers I’d want

skinner , 1st, bourgaults + koskinen

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

View attachment 513705

Hampus Lindholm - LHD
Josh Manson - RHD
Rickard Rakell - LW/RW
Nic Deslauriers - RW/LW
Sam Carrick - C/RW

*Just to add, I didn’t include Ryan Getzlaf who has a Full NMC, because he said he has no desire to chase another cup and he wants to stay in Anaheim, this could change but as of now he is not on the table*

[/QUOTE

Attachments

• D7F0C846-9109-4FD7-8523-CCA901E8BDFF.jpeg
    D7F0C846-9109-4FD7-8523-CCA901E8BDFF.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 9

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Prob a 1st + good prospect… prospect prob depends on cap dump /retention, or another +
As an optimist I think Muzz will be back and be good to go so I would go after Manson+Rakell
however if Muzz is going to be out long term then we have no choice but to make a solid offer on Lindholm.

In a perfect world Muzzin is out till the playoffs but comes back 100%, we manage to add 1 of Mayfield, Manson and 1 of Rakell, Miller etc but if we need a legit LHD then all our assets are going to have to go towards a Lindholm or Chychrun

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As an optimist I think Muzz will be back and be good to go so I would go after Manson+Rakell
however if Muzz is going to be out long term then we have no choice but to make a solid offer on Lindholm.

In a perfect world Muzzin is out till the playoffs but comes back 100%, we manage to add 1 of Mayfield, Manson and 1 of Rakell, Miller etc but if we need a legit LHD then all our assets are going to have to go towards a Lindholm or Chychrun
Ya I’m guessing a lot of the moves depend on what muezzins table looks like

hampus would be a big move but maybe not best move… I think Manson is prob more what you need

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Ya I’m guessing a lot of the moves depend on what muezzins table looks like

hampus would be a big move but maybe not best move… I think Manson is prob more what you need
I agree, adding Lindholm would be bittersweet, awesome to have a guy like him but it also means we are not as strong as we could be with a healthy Muzzin and a Manson
what a playoff built 2nd pair would Muzzin-Manson be

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Hampus Lindholm is exactly the player that the Blues should be chucking assets towards even if he does end up being a rental. I'd be willing to bet on Doug Armstrong getting him extended if he can outbid other teams. Might be tough though... I could see lots of interest for this player outside the usual suspects.

I fully expect my sorcerer of a GM to get one of Lindholm or Chychrun though despite the multiple bidders for both players.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
good thread OP

do we have ballpark idea of what Lindholm wants?
whatev it is, unlikely to be doable, compared to say chyhrun

As I've said, NYR do not have surplus bluest blue chips, an exception or 2 notwithstanding; howev, if youth were acquired coming back, then something might be feasible. But the other issue is cap, which will be insane crazy bad for NY next yrs and for up to 2 yrs, depending on when Trouba agrees to be moved and his 8m replaced by Schneider's elc.

Lindholm now at 5.2, presuming he is choosing to test the market and be standup about it beforehand, understandably wants top top dollar which is prob in 7ish min to start.

NY is jettisoning Strome, Geo, Hajek + Nemeth, plus recovering 1.5 on Hank buyout just to = paying for new Zib + Fox deals. This means we can't substitute another salary on other players going forward in the short term.

Lindgren's 3 x 3 may have to be sacrificed to pony up minimal downpayment to bridge LaF + Kakko, Blais etc for 1-2 yrs. Hence his $ is not readily redeployed here.

NY should not pay for Lindholm as a rental.

Can't see, given most of the roster earning $ has nmc/ntc, how NY can trade for him long term. (ANA would have to sign and trade.)

The guy will, as deserved in this case, want max $ and max term. Even if Ducks were willing to entertain Rangers bribe for them to eat a chunk of Lindholm $ on a longer new deal, and no one is saying that, just saying even IF someone wanted to discuss it, the numbers will not allow anything which can make sense.

Strome + pick for Rakell, pick upgrades w/NY advancing?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hampus Lindholm is exactly the player that the Blues should be chucking assets towards even if he does end up being a rental. I'd be willing to bet on Doug Armstrong getting him extended if he can outbid other teams. Might be tough though... I could see lots of interest for this player outside the usual suspects.

I fully expect my sorcerer of a GM to get one of Lindholm or Chychrun though despite the multiple bidders for both players.

blues 1st + Peru/ kostin
Blues 2nd + bolduc/neighbors
Is kinda the neighborhood I see, and the first 1 might not be best bid, might need a little more depending on market

Reactions: Arthuros

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
NYR need to be in on Rakell. Perfect kind of rental for them. Versatile and can produce. Can also send a body back the other way if the Ducks need to fill out their lineup with a player.

saskduckfan

Mar 20, 2016
reunite josh manson with his dad in edmonton please

It's already common knowledge that Manson has Edmonton on his list of teams he won't waive to go to, like almost all players with no movements too. Regardless of his dad being there or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00