Friedman: It’s now Duck season on Anaheim’s pending UFA’s

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
What would you want from the Leafs for Manson and Stolarz? Obviously Mzrak isn’t attractive but would the ducks be interested in him as a reclamation project(assuming they’re compensated for his value)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What would you want from the Leafs for Manson and Stolarz? Obviously Mzrak isn’t attractive but would the ducks be interested in him as a reclamation project(assuming they’re compensated for his value)
1st + prospect + mzrak
For
Manson stolarz

tough to say, mzrak has 2 more years at a high cap… I’d prob want another pick in 2023 on top of that

Reactions: 405Entrance

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

View attachment 513705

Hampus Lindholm - LHD
Josh Manson - RHD
Rickard Rakell - LW/RW
Nic Deslauriers - RW/LW
Sam Carrick - C/RW

*Just to add, I didn’t include Ryan Getzlaf who has a Full NMC, because he said he has no desire to chase another cup and he wants to stay in Anaheim, this could change but as of now he is not on the table*

Thanks for the Thread @Leonardo87.

I agree with @A1LeafNation that Elliotte walks the line with a foot on each side. That said, I believe he genuinely does pursue & receive information. These situations are so fluid that I understand why he's so cagey.

Regarding Trade Targets - I know he's not a Pending FA but I think another target is/should be John Gibson. From the good folks at Cap Friendly, I see he has a Modified No Trade Clause (10 Team no-go list). Your Ducks also have over $42M in Cap Space.

Although Gibson is $6.4M through to '26-'27, I think he's still good enough to help a contender over the top for the next few years. If the Ducks are willing to retain, I personally think he's worth taking a hard run at, perhaps attached to a Pending FA.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thanks for the Thread @Leonardo87.

I agree with @A1LeafNation that Elliotte walks the line with a foot on each side. That said, I believe he genuinely does pursue & receive information. These situations are so fluid that I understand why he's so cagey.

Regarding Trade Targets - I know he's not a Pending FA but I think another target is/should be John Gibson. From the good folks at Cap Friendly, I see he has a Modified No Trade Clause (10 Team no-go list). Your Ducks also have over $42M in Cap Space.

Although Gibson is $6.4M through to '26-'27, I think he's still good enough to help a contender over the top for the next few years. If the Ducks are willing to retain, I personally think he's worth taking a hard run at.

Depending on how Dostal develops, he is looking like the real deal, but he is not really close to a NHL level yet. Gibson could be a decision in a couple of years, depending on that.

If the offer is really huge then Verbeek might explore it. But just don’t see Gibson even in discussion now.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If Verbeek learned anything from Yzerman you might not want him talking to Holland ;)

I don't want Holland talking to anyone. Someone needs to replace his phone with a banana on deadline day.

sesame-street-bert.gif

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
The Kings should not be making any trades for pending UFA’s

I agree.

I would also like to point out for non Kings fans that any hesitancy for trading in division will not be from the Kings. Blake has shown a willingness to in division trades with Vegas (Martinez) and Vancouver (Toffoli).

Oct 18, 2011
Me personally I would like to stock on picks for the next 2 drafts but reportedly the GM isn't valuing picks as much as he is tangible players

That being said I think if you traded Rakell and Lindholm separately you should get atleast a 1, a 2 and 1 or 2 prospects and possibly salary filler coming back depending on who you trade with

It seems Manson will stay but I'd like a 2 for him

NDL is a tough guy who can play and chip in some offense as well as agitate the other team so I'd like a 3

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Kings should not be making any trades for pending UFA’s

Probably not but Anaheims two Swedes are more interesting ones given the Kings could likely keep both and they'd both fill IMO fairly important needs in a cost effective way. Probably more of a thought for the summer, unless they could hammer out extensions now, but it's dawned on me how weird of a fit it is.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Genuinely curious what hampus as a rental gets. The rare player that even teams out of the playoffs would probably check in on.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I’m a Leaf’s fan, in order, I would love to acquire one of

Lindholm
Manson
Rakell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad