Post-Game Talk: It’s never been more over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I love hearing about how ZAR is on the same level as guys like Bergeron and Stone, or how McCann's G/60 is equal to guys like McDavid, Draisaitl, and Pasta! Wow!
Oh, forgot about the most petulant, spiteful, egotistical officiating in any sports league. Love me some NHL officiating! Definitely doesn't kill the ebb and flow of a game, or come with the most predictable bullshit missed calls/make up calls constantly.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Coaching doesn't matter as much in the NHL compared to the NFL, but it still matters. How much is X's and O's and how much is just getting stale/comfortable is anybody's guess.

But I would say preaching a fast, skilled system with a bunch of old, slow, and/or grinders probably isn't the smartest coaching decision.
I dont think he is preaching a fast, skilled system…I think he’s preaching because of age/slowness of our team that they play a defensive system first and then try to score off the other team’s mistakes…but he doesn’t really have the personnel for that either because 1) we’re not a good scoring team and 2) our forwards arent really good at getting the puck and possessing it lol….he trying to make a defensive team out of forwards who really aren’t geared that way lol

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
On the plus side, MAF left a mint on the pillow.
In the corner watching you sleep, that signature MAF smile.

1708013468314.png

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I dont think he is preaching a fast, skilled system…I think he’s preaching because of age/slowness of our team that they play a defensive system first and then try to score off the other team’s mistakes…but he doesn’t really have the personnel for that either because 1) we’re not a good scoring team and 2) our forwards arent really good at getting the puck and possessing it lol….he trying to make a defensive team out of forwards who really aren’t geared that way lol
Fair, but I would question how much 1) and 2) are coaching related.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I know I’m this boards resident “glass half full” guy, but I’m just going to come right out and say it. I will crash my SUV into an orphanage for puppies if we lose tonight.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Fair, but I would question how much 1) and 2) are coaching related.
Like anything else, some of it is coaching and some of it is the players…and no way should this be construed as defending Sullivan…he could try new personnel grouping/players and tweak the system even more, I’m not saying he’s done all he could

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm still not even sure Colin White is a real player and not some random dude working in the bowels of the PPG they slapped a jersey on and gave the most generic pseudonym to.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Like anything else, some of it is coaching and some of it is the players…and no way should this be construed as defending Sullivan…he could try new personnel grouping/players and tweak the system even more, I’m not saying he’s done all he could
I guess, but if it's....just throwing out a number here....80/20 coaching then saying it's both is kind of a cop out.

And given the effect coaching changes have had on this core and the number of players that succeed somewhere else, I don't think 80/20 is unreasonable :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad