Boston Bruins It’s here: 2019-20 journey begins

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The hard part about this is that barring a trade, it doesn't look like the Bruins will be a drafting position to draft a #1 center for at least the next several years. And teams don't typically give up #1 centers via trade unless getting a big overpayment.
Aho is a number one center- so isn’t Point and Bergeron and OReilly and William Karlsson etc

I’ll let it play out

Bergeron will be a top center minimum 2 more seasons

Lot can happen development, drafting, trades

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bruins will again be a top team in the East and one top Cup contender.

-Best 1st line in NHL signed long term under 20M
-Top G
-Great special teams
-Best 1-12D group in the league.
-Great depth
-Plethora of ELC ready to step in as key contributors

They will certainly add at some point and be ready for another long run that may result in a 4th SCF in 10 years and 2nd Cup.

We’ll just have to watch and see. Bruins may not get the benefit of avoiding TB or Wsh this year but anyway, it’s always tough. Last year, they played two of the best 3 teams since Jan 1st (Car and Stl), another that swept the President trophy winner that loaded up at the deadline and the center of the universe Leafs. Wasn’t as easy a road as some try to make it to be...

One thing is certain, the past 10 years were great and it doesn’t look like it will slow down for the near futur.

It’s a very good time to be a Bruins fan.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
This will be one of the more interesting training camps in recent memory. There are no less than 27 players who are either NHL regulars or have looked like capable NHL players, and that's not including guys who may take that step this year, guys like Frederic and Vaakanainen.

Gryz - McAvoy
Krug - Carlo
Chara - Clifton
Moore - Miller
X: Kampfer

That's 9 defensemen. I know Moore is going to start on LTIR so that frees up one spot. Will Miller be ready at the start of the season? If McAvoy and Carlo sign they'll have their 7.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
DeBrusk - Krejci - #2RW
Heinen - Coyle - #3RW
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner
X: Lindholm, Backes

That's 12 and there are at least 4 guys with legitimate shots at those two middle6 wing spots: Kuhlman, Cehlarik, Bjork and Ritchie.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The lineup I would love to see but think it will never happen...

Marchand - Bergeron - Heinen
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork

I like this because I think it spreads your offense, but still leaves you with three really strong lines. I think DeBrusk and Bjork would be dynamic together, tons of speed and they're strengths/weaknesses fit together, i.e. one guy who never shoots (Bjork) and another who never passes (DeBrusk).

The lineup I expect to see looks more like this...

DeBrusk - Krejci - Kuhlman
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

I don't hate it. I think Bjork can replicate a lot of what MoJo did in terms of being that puck carrier through the neutral zone and playmaker in zone. DeBrusk and Kuhlman also have some good chemistry and similar speed... My hesitation is that I'm not sold on Kuhlman's offensive upside. He never had more than 20 something points in college. He's shown flashes in the NHL and he could be a late bloomer but I'd be more comfortable with him on line3.

I think your dark horse is Ritchie. I think the brass would love to see him find a place in the top9 and will spot him on different lines to see if there's a fit. If not he drops into the 4th line mix so it's not a big deal but I fully expect to see Ritchie get time with Krejci and even Bergeron at times.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
The lineup I expect to see looks more like this...

DeBrusk - Krejci - Kuhlman
Heinen - Coyle - Bjork

I don't hate it. I think Bjork can replicate a lot of what MoJo did in terms of being that puck carrier through the neutral zone and playmaker in zone. DeBrusk and Kuhlman also have some good chemistry and similar speed... My hesitation is that I'm not sold on Kuhlman's offensive upside. He never had more than 20 something points in college. He's shown flashes in the NHL and he could be a late bloomer but I'd be more comfortable with him on line3.

Those nine players will indeed likely form the top three lines, but I would like to see the following configuration:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Heinen-Coyle-Senyshyn

I really want Zach to have a great training camp and earn a spot in Boston. If he does, then he'd be great on the third line. Each of these lines would have a shooter, and the scoring would be spread out a bit and not be so top-heavy. As for Kuhman, I think that he'll be the 13th forward and play in and out primarily on the fourth line. Who knows what will happen with Ritchie, while Backes should be sent to Providence.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
JDB-Krejci-Senyshyn
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman

Is how I would do the Top 9 for the first 10 games or so.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
JDB-Krejci-Senyshyn
Heinen-Coyle-Kuhlman

Is how I would do the Top 9 for the first 10 games or so.
I cannot see ZS making the team out of camp let alone be in the top 9.
As far as the forwards are concerned I would like to see:
Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
JDB-Krejci-Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Kulman
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Ritchie is the 13th forward
Stud/Frederic/Steen the next players that get called up.
Backes starts the year on LTIR or in the AHL.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
My guess of what the opening night roster will look like

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Bjork

Heinen -- Coyle -- Senyshyn

Nordstrom -- Kuraly -- Wagner

bench: Ritchie, Kulhman
LTIR: Backes

Gryz -- McAvoy

Krug -- Carlo

Chara -- Clifton

bench: Kampfer
LTIR: Moore, Miller

Rask
Halak

Reactions: Estlin

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Gryz -- McAvoy

Krug -- Carlo

Chara -- Clifton

Probably exactly what will happen. There are a lot of combinations that could work but this looks like the most likely one barring injuries.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Gryz -- McAvoy

Krug -- Carlo

Chara -- Clifton

bench: Kampfer
LTIR: Moore, Miller

Rask
Halak

I predicted a similar lineup. With regard to Backes, though, LTIR appears to be impossible, given that he’s supposedly healthy. I imagine that he’d be Providence-bound instead.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Couldn't find a good place to put this, so mods feel free to move if there's a better place. I just cracked up at this whole video. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad