Boston Bruins It’s here: 2019-20 journey begins

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tomorrow I’m assuming Warrior ice will be getting a workout between the rookies getting ready for the Buffalo rookie tournament next weekend and Captains Practice.

Time to put game 7 behind them and realize what they have

A. Top 5 Defense in hockey (I’d go number 1 in quantity and probably number 1 in quality as well but we will keep it at 5)

B. Top 5 Goaltending in hockey (again 1 if you are taking the duo but I’ll keep it at 5 again)

C. Top 5 Center group 1-4 in hockey (Bergeron, Krejci, Coyle, Kuraly) ~ the bottom twosome may be the best 3/4 in the game the top two : Bergeron & Krejci until they slip are top 5 easy

D. Top 4 Wingers: again top 5. Marchand a 100 point scorer; Pastrnak prorated to 49 goals and DeBrusk 33. They are 23 and 22.

E. Depth - crazy depth. Their organization is loaded with players with high floors

Expecting a great year

Oh? Wait??? I read on the Main Board they are old and cooked

Hmmmm- I read last September the Patriots were old and cooked after their horrendous loss to Eagles when Malcolm Butler didn’t play any D. First Take on ESPN said Belichick lost the team - Brady rift was bad.

Now I read the Patriots are one of youngest teams in football and a power house

Nice parallel

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You know I don't have the concentration to do both
I’ve been reading Bruins prospects are 29-31 in hockey so you might want to skip

If you watch keep an eye on top prospect Alex Nylander of the Sabres. He’s been rated. Top prospect on Sabres & top prospect top 10 overall on HF

I read on HF he’s a stud a couple years ago

2017-18 Top 10 Buffalo Sabres Prospects

Last edited:
Reactions: gumgum

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
First time I've ever contemplated how much giving some vets time off to start the season might be beneficial. My gut says they know how to reign it in, though. Idk. Hopefully they stream at least one of the games, I'm not driving again.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tage Thompson too
Looking over 2016 prospect lists and busts all over - interesting the Bruins aren’t rated highly and lo and behold DeBrusk, Carlo, Grzelcyk, Heinen all have exceeded MANY top 10 and MOST of 26-50

Well well well

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
First time I've ever contemplated how much giving some vets time off to start the season might be beneficial. My gut says they know how to reign it in, though. Idk. Hopefully they stream at least one of the games, I'm not driving again.
One approach I’m expecting is Coyle especially and Kuraly do the ‘city’ drivivg

Coyle to me can play 200 feet -I didn’t realize he was such a beast

He and Kuraly should play 75% of the P.K. during regular season and defensive starts

Let 37 & 46 have the offensive zone starts unless late in close games

Belichick goes to Edelman on punt returns in big games and playoffs - Cassidy can take similar approach to 37 & 46

You cut back ‘here and there’

There are basically 4 guys to manage and Chara already has a different role; Marchand to me is in the July of his career - two guys to me (37 & 46)

Bergeron
Krejci
Marchand
Chara

Everyone else is 28 or under

Seems pretty easy how to do it

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Great post...pumped up....now that I don't go to school, or my kids, this is a great time of year. I hated school lol.

Looking for two of Bjork, Kuhlman, Senny and Ritchie to grab the 2 and 3 RW spots (could see Ritchie beating out Wagner for the 4th maybe).. trying to make myself promise not to get too worked up over the regular season. Just not worth it and doesn't matter where you finish and I think I prefer the Bruins on the road anyways.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like that book.

Not to mention our D was bottom 5 some 2 years ago.
The game 4 clincher/sweep in Carolina a 4-0 win that had

Moore -McAvoy
Krug- Carlo
Grzelcyk-Clifton

Was as good a transition execution of the Sweeney blueprint as I’ve seen - all 27 or under

Moore played that game with a broken shoulder

Vaakanainen, Lauzon, Zboril, Andersson, Zech etc in the pipeline

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The game 4 clincher/sweep in Carolina a 4-0 win that had

Moore -McAvoy
Krug- Carlo
Grzelcyk-Clifton

Was as good a transition execution of the Sweeney blueprint as I’ve seen - all 27 or under

Moore played that game with a broken shoulder

Vaakanainen, Lauzon, Zboril, Andersson, Zech etc in the pipeline

Our D is set for a long time.

Incredible move by Sweeney & co.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Center group looks loaded

I’m interested how JFK develops in the SEL without the bull **** targeting

Should be a good move to build up confidence.

On the other hand we get Steen from same league. I've watched few Farjestad games last season. Very explosive player, goes to dirty areas and plays with an edge. Breakout season last year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Should be a good move to build up confidence.

On the other hand we get Steen from same league. I've watched few Farjestad games last season. Very explosive player, goes to dirty areas and plays with an edge. Breakout season last year.
I have a. Mini Providence pack looking forward to seeing what he’s got

I think JFK comes back a much better player

He’s got experience and frame of reference in AHL & NHL already and just playing and learning the finer points I believe will be good for him

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Shen gonna be a big hit here, I think. Grown man strength and just straight up north-south all day, and good hands. I'm more excited for him than Steen I think, but I also have never seen Steen play except in Youtube highlights; Shen I watched a bunch of online.

Reactions: DKH and Blowfish

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I agree with this OP. I'm also not going to worry about our RFAs for another 3 weeks as I think we are closer with them than most of the prominent RFAs are with their clubs. But I really want to win this division. When I looked at Vegas odds to win the 2020 Cup us Tampa and Toronto were the 3 favorites. Whomever has the best record will have a massive advantage. I am not feeling a great October we might be short 2 D and I can see Rask/Halak combo taking time to warm up.

The other reservation I have is the stubbornness of the organization. Will Marchand and Bergeron take an even strength shift on another line this year? Hasn't happened yet a decade into Brad's career.

The third line is a question mark. I think it will be OK but we might want to have 2 checking lines and load up the top 6 vs 3 'balanced' scoring lines and a good 4th. Try and give DK a line like he had 2011-2014. So if we bump up Coyle to DKs line are we gonna Paille Kuraly and not let him leave the fourth to help the third even if we have plenty of good options best suited to replacing him as 4C?

But I see #1 goalie and top 5 team.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Who’s Boston’s future #1 center?

love DKH's optimism as always, but i'd say you can argue who are the future #1 and #2 centers?
i really like studnicka but jury is out if he's a 2C. those other guys look like bottom 6 to me, at least
right now.

either way, should be a fun season. agree with the poster who said avoiding TB and toronto
is probably the key to survival.

Reactions: Hali33 and Estlin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bergeron 2019-2022

Remember to ask me in 2022. I’ll be able to have more information available

I’m of the belief 2019-20, 2020-21, and 2021-22 is the future

If you want a name in the mid 20’s I see them trading for Eichel after a falling out in Buffalo

Bergeron 2019-22
Eichel 2022-2031

Reactions: Blowfish and Ritmo

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
love DKH's optimism as always, but i'd say you can argue who are the future #1 and #2 centers?
i really like studnicka but jury is out if he's a 2C. those other guys look like bottom 6 to me, at least
right now.

either way, should be a fun season. agree with the poster who said avoiding TB and toronto
is probably the key to survival.
What is the future ?

2025?

2020?

2022?

2525 ?

I could give a flying f*** about anything past next June 15th

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
They have had 2 of them for over a decade, neither of which were projected as being one. I'm not overly optimistic about any one center in the system atm, but I love Frederic a lot having watched him regularly, and a friend of mine who got to watch Studnicka doesn't think he tops out as a 3c at all as a pro. But who knows. Personally, I'm more interested in Brendan Gaunce becoming an everyday NHL'er with offensive upside because I loathe the city of Vancouver, and I got to see him play a decent amount on AHL TV, and he was noticeable every shift pretty much on a truly boring and pretty bad Comets team...

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Bergeron 2019-2022

Remember to ask me in 2022. I’ll be able to have more information available

I’m of the belief 2019-20, 2020-21, and 2021-22 is the future

If you want a name in the mid 20’s I see them trading for Eichel after a falling out in Buffalo

Bergeron 2019-22
Eichel 2022-2031

You think that Bergeron will remain an elite #1 center for another three years? Given his age and those injuries that appear to be creeping up, I’m not entirely convinced.

I do like your thinking about Eichel, however. :nod:

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad