ECB25843-FFA3-4999-9900-52A83DF828FF.jpeg

Attachments

• F5F9F3A8-9591-4347-B35E-B950B2BB7D9B.jpeg
    F5F9F3A8-9591-4347-B35E-B950B2BB7D9B.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 5

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
During the Vegas game a graphic was put up showing that the Knights were second (I could be wrong, but it was substantial) in one goal games.

Yet their outcomes were better and they find themselves 1st in the Western Conference.

It is a fine line and while there are many reasons we've lost one goal games, my takeaway is that we are not as bad as our record indicates.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I want Darryl to apologize for the contents of that graphic and for him to fired.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
lol, I was on capfriendly and totally forget that Kevin Rooney was on the team.

What a dumb signing. Still "on" the team next year too, buried he counts for $175k against the cap.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Maybe Rooney's signing was dumb, maybe not. Certainly it was too expensive for my taste, but should we make the play-offs and then run into injury problems he might come in handy.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
When was the last time we had a Kevin on the team before Rooney? Jyrki Jokkipakka?

When was the last time we had a Kevin on the team before Rooney? Jyrki Jokkipakka

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
When was the last time we had a Kevin on the team before Rooney? Jyrki Jokkipakka?

When was the last time we had a Kevin on the team before Rooney? Jyrki Jokkipakka
Kevin Westgarth? Half a season worth of games a decade ago.

Reactions: Fig

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Maybe Rooney's signing was dumb, maybe not. Certainly it was too expensive for my taste, but should we make the play-offs and then run into injury problems he might come in handy.

There's like a half dozen guys who I'd call up before Rooney.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Yeah but 4 of those stats change dramatically if the team just gets some clutch goaltending , making the ten bell save when the game is out of reach looks great on the highlight reel but not giving up the softie in the final minutes of a period with a 1 goal lead would change those stats enough to be a first place team like Vegas .

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Markstrom needed to go at the TDL , let Wolf move up with Vladar . Use Marky's money to keep the solid pieces and move some youngsters up full time ,while shedding some dead weight .

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Markstrom needed to go at the TDL , let Wolf move up with Vladar . Use Marky's money to keep the solid pieces and move some youngsters up full time ,while shedding some dead weight .
Who was interested in a $6 Million goaltender with three years left having a dismal season?

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I still can't get over how inexcusable it is that we lost both Tkachuk and Gaudreau. Again, as I've said before, the wooing should have begun long before the last year and stretch run.

My thoughts have been clear how shitty Johnny's last contract negotiations went. Then like I say they start wooing him in the final year and playoffs when he proved himself a superstar (which should have been a known fact already).

Tkachuk may go on as a top 5 power forward Mr everything player for the next
5-10 years (basically his whole contract with Florida and maybe more). He proved he was all that here (albeit a poorish 22 playoffs thanks IMO to Sutter's crash and smash coaching directives). He's in Hart conversations at the moment for goodness sake.

Finally, if those two wanted to go, makes you wonder how many others would if they had a little more cache.

Nothing new here, but had to rant yet again.

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Who was interested in a $6 Million goaltender with three years left having a dismal season?
Teams with goalie issues and bad money on their books , Edmonton for 1 ,Campbell is equally shyte at 5m and Mike Smith at 2.2m on LTIR is a dead money contract so is Sekera's 1.5m ,the last two drop from the books after this year .We could have eaten all three shedding 8.7m off Edmonton's books for 6m off ours then send Campbell to the AHL and pray somebody claims him on the way down . There's plenty of teams that were looking to shed cap to buy upgrades at the TDL .

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
During the Vegas game a graphic was put up showing that the Knights were second (I could be wrong, but it was substantial) in one goal games.

Yet their outcomes were better and they find themselves 1st in the Western Conference.

It is a fine line and while there are many reasons we've lost one goal games, my takeaway is that we are not as bad as our record indicates.
The fact we regularly out shoot and out chance our opponents pretty much every night shows just how right you are . Hopefully this whole Kylington thing isn't secretly him not wanting to play in Calgary and he comes back healthy fit and ready to rock next year so we can dump a couple of these brain fart masters on the back end .I really wonder if the league can't and shouldn't push this year of his contract back , it seems only fair not to punish the team given they granted him LTIR when he isn't injured . You would think they would add this wasted year back on to the backend of his contract .

Reactions: Nanuuk

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Sutter's system is actually great, we also overall are still above average in the league in terms of skilled players. Our main issue is goaltending and his usage.

If we had this lineup:
Mangiapane-Lindholm-Toffoli
Huberdeau-Backlund-Coronato
Pelletier-Kadri-Coleman
Ruzcika-Lewis-Duehr

Weegar-Andersson
Hanifin-Tanev
Zadoro-Stecher

And he used more top 6 more, we'd still do a lot better than our record even factoring bad luck up and bad goaltending. Definitely very comfortably in a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad