Series Talk: It’s a mad, mad, mad, mad World Juniors

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

It was so god damn dumb for the Hawks to send Dach to the WJC. So dumb.

Why would they do that? Especially with the NHL season tentatively around the corner?

Might have made sense if the NHL had no plans to return this season, or had no idea when they would, and they wanted to get him some game action. But with a January 13th start date in the works, it made no sense.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Why would they do that? Especially with the NHL season tentatively around the corner?

Might have made sense if the NHL had no plans to return this season, or had no idea when they would, and they wanted to get him some game action. But with a January 13th start date in the works, it made no sense.
Why would they send him to the WJs? Or why would they have him surgically fix his wrist....?

Pretty sure both answers should be obvious. They send him to get in some prime playing time against real teams. Going and playing big minutes and potentially wearing a gold medal can be a huge boost for a young player.

The chances of an injury are there for anything. Sucks that it happened to him, but he could of tripped on the sidewalk and done the same thing.

Reactions: RSPens

Sideline

May 23, 2004

The World Juniors is better than meaningless training camp scrimmages for getting into game shape. If he was going to miss real NHL games I would definitely not loan him out, but injuries happen in practice too so it's not like they were taking extra risk.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
While doing a wee bit of research for this most recent draft, I liked Brendan Brisson. How has he looked? I watched part of the USA vs. Russia game and no US players looked good.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
14 skaters make it to the WJC quarter finals for the first time in Germany’s history.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Country Name is one to watch :biglaugh:

Did Switzerland merge with someone lol

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I never really get over hyped by WJC players but my goodness... Zegras is f***ing INSANE. The last player that looked this good was McAvoy. A player that looked so dominant in these tournaments. My goodness is he good.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad