Post-Game Talk: It’s a Christmas miracle!

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
The boys are on a 3 game win streak with first and 2nd line firing on all cylinders.

A win against the Kings and the rest of the schedule is looking like that elusive 9 game win streak might be within reach! Let's gooo

thats my dawg.gif

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Easiest game of the year in which the winning goal was scored one minute in but I'll take it. Good game by Skinner who did what he had to do. Boy SJ are pretty bad. McD even called dogs off in this one.

McLeod continues to be dead sexy scoring goals and that winsome grin...;) He adds good pace to the Drai line and can cycle puck decently when playing with skill.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What was that weird artificial noise during gameplay? It didn't seem to be timed to anything happening on the ice.
That was really f***ing annoying. Initially I thought it was fans randomly cheering the wave but then I noticed nobody was in the building and that this was the least fans I've seen in a building since the pandemic. All those empty seats couldn't have been making that noise. I know SJ is bad but this really shows how nothing hockey is in California. I mean its the Oilers coming to town, at least go for that reason.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Massive game on Saturday
LA looking really off, and its a home game for LA who are basically a .500 home team. They couldn't complete two passes in a row tonight. They had trouble with this same Sharks club, just to give some perspective. Kings are looking like having trouble scoring lately. Oilers should be able to get this one.

Reactions: BlackDogg

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
That was really f***ing annoying. Initially I thought it was fans randomly cheering the wave but then I noticed nobody was in the building and that this was the least fans I've seen in a building since the pandemic. All those empty seats couldn't have been making that noise. I know SJ is bad but this really shows how nothing hockey is in California. I mean its the Oilers coming to town, at least go for that reason.
Seats with speakers in them? Wouldn't put it past them in the south.

Reactions: bellagiobob

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Might be the Best free agency signing in the league in the last few years.

I think Hyman has probably surpassed expectations for the last few years. But we all expected someone decent to all-star level for the first half of the contract.

It's another 4 years at $5.5m and he's 31. Still easily Holland's best move but it's the 2nd half of the contract we were worried about at signing.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
That's the problem with that shitty start... now the Oilers really can't afford to go on even short losing streaks or teams just keep pulling away for that wild card spot.

LA won't be easy.
Anaheim should be another win.
Philly is one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now.

Basically need to win 2 out of the next 3 to gain a little ground in the playoff chase... win only 1 out of 3 and they go backwards again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad