Pre-Game Talk: ISLES vs PENGUINS. December 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
He’ll come back. 8 games later he’ll be out again.

Bubble wrap and healthy scratch Clutterbuck until the playoffs. Keep Holmstrom in the lineup once he’s healthy. Or Raty as 4C and Cizikas as RW3
Should have signed Parise for 2 instead of Cal.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Our 38.5 percent chance to make the playoffs begins shortly . That is the real number as of today .

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Where you been!

Really want to get Pelech back in line up.

Side note: was at Northwell Pro Shop last night. They have a $72 Isles hat.

Yup. $72

The price on some stuff is crazy at UBS there was a vintage looking tee shirt and if I remember correctly, it was well over $100.

Do the sell the practice jerseys at the Northwell shop.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
The price on some stuff is crazy at UBS there was a vintage looking tee shirt and if I remember correctly, it was well over $100.

Do the sell the practice jerseys at the Northwell shop.

That's all the "Isles Lab" stuff, which while nice, is insanely expensive for what it is. If that rugby shirt and striped sweater they make were half the price, I'd entertain the possibility of buying them.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I cant wait to hear the Bailey update. :popcorn:
Just for you!

First, we continue to torture the Pens with a 5-1 win as Cindy is called for two minors for diving. After the game, Cindy reveals his Neymar/Ronaldo t-shirt, complete with diagrams of where to flop to maximize calls. Twitter Files reveal Cindy, Neymar and Ronaldo are running a joint Twitter account under the heading FlopCropDrop, which is a portal for posting soccer and hockey photos of players lying on the ice and ground in revealing angles.

Bailey gets stuck in a snow drift coming back from Buffalo, where he celebrated the Holiday with the Okposo family. It takes Butch until midway through the third to notice Bailey wasn't dressed since he couldn't tell the difference in Bailey's play of late. Bailey's car is finally recovered on the NY Thruway by police, and they mistakenly impound the car and arrest Josh for impersonating an NHL player. Bailey's protests that he IS an NHL player cannot be confirmed in time to get him to the game.

Just before the game, Holmstrom skates onto the ice and Brendan goes crazy with the chant of "Here Comes Simon!". Willis Reed is attending the game and cries for joy in the suite. Butch is heard mumbling . . . 'who is Willis Reed?'. Willis, upon hearing this, goes to the broadcast booth and asks Butch if he knows the name Rudy LaRusso. Butch responds, "No, but I have Trevor Gillies right here." Gillies looks at Willis and tells Butch "Fuggedaboutit".

Crosby, in a clearly frustrated mood late in the game, picks a fight at the faceoff circle with Raty, who he assumes would fight like Frans Nielsen, but Raty knocks him down with an uppercut with the back of his hand. Raty looks down at the fallen former Brady Bunch daughter, and tells him "that's the REAL backhand of doom lassie". Crosby goes to the box and asks the photographer not to release that one because "it's clearly misinformation; I didn't flop, I was knocked down for real".

In a spirited holiday mood, Lou seeks out Pens GM Ron Hextall after the game and presents him with an autographed Felix Potvin boxing glove. Ron throws a fit and swears he'll get even, only to be visited in a dream by Billy Smith, who reminds Ron he is being watched for entrance into Hell, which is likely. Smith then spears Hextall for good measure.

The Pens are so frustrated in this game that they decide to dress Bob 'Battleship' Kelly and Pierre Larouche in the next game, but accidentally dress Lyndon LaRouche and Officer Krupke of West Side Story instead. Neither are a match for Beauvillier, much less Martin. Beau evens takes Krupke while on his knees, and the playwright decides to incorporate the scene in his remake.

Let's Go Boys!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Interesting is their willingness to keep Raty at his natural position over the veteran Cizikas. A good sign for Raty. Hope he can keep earning his spot.
Keeps Raty comfortable in a familiar position. I like the way Lambert is thinking outside the box on this one.

I know your not being entirely serious. But entertaining that hypothetical... come playoffs, and what? You put Clutterbuck back in, for who?

As of now I still have a HEALTHY Clutterbuck over Fasching (primarily because of penalty killing) and both players over Martin (unless fisticuffs are a concern). But it's good to see Fasching continue to show he belongs. Hopefully, he or another similar physically styled player can continue to push the fourth liners out over the next year and a half.
Likely would be Clutterbuck in for Fasching.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Should have signed Parise for 2 instead of Cal.
Cal signed for 1.75m. But in all actuality it’s better Cal makes more. You get both players at the same cost combined. But you get more cap savings with Cal on LTIR. Parise is worth more if he has to be flipped.

Regardless, all the Cal negativity makes little sense to me. If he plays he is worth his contribution. If he doesn’t play he has minimal impact on the cap. If there is a better option in the organization… then by all means take that spot away Clutterbuck.

Lambert is seemingly letting players earn their play time. As evidenced by Bailey’s benchings and Holmstrom getting all-situational minutes. So it doesn’t seem that Clutterbuck is blocking anyone.

I got to think most of the criticism towards Clutterbuck is general boredom/frustration that generally comes from little lineup change year-over-year.

Reactions: PJGooch and Big L

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
think that 3rd line will cause havoc. Could be the worst first line in the NHL. Hopefully Sorokin battles tonight to get the much need win monkey off his back

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Cal signed for 1.75m. But in all actuality it’s better Cal makes more. You get both players at the same cost combined. But you get more cap savings with Cal on LTIR. Parise is worth more if he has to be flipped.

Regardless, all the Cal negativity makes little sense to me. If he plays he is worth his contribution. If he doesn’t play he has minimal impact on the cap. If there is a better option in the organization… then by all means take that spot away Clutterbuck.

Lambert is seemingly letting players earn their play time. As evidenced by Bailey’s benchings and Holmstrom getting all-situational minutes. So it doesn’t seem that Clutterbuck is blocking anyone.

I got to think most of the criticism towards Clutterbuck is general boredom/frustration that generally comes from little lineup change year-over-year.
It’s not so much negativity from me about Cal. It’s about getting a body in the lineup for him. You can’t count on Cal to play more than 50-60 games anymore.

Last year Ross Johnston was the only option. This year we just got to trying Fasching, Holmstrom, Raty. A big difference in talent levels this year.

Reactions: CupHolders
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad