Pre-Game Talk: ISLES vs PENGUINS. December 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Just curious, is there something going on at this game that I am unaware of as to why the prices and availability are so different than any other game I have checked since probably the Rags and opening night? Almost every game for the past month, there were hundreds if not thousands available on resale, with good seats available for as little as 40-50. For tomorrow, not only are the cheapest resale available over 100$ but it looks like only a few dozen seats here and there are even available. What am I missing? Any ideas?

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
I agree with PK everyone is out of school/college and even some companies close this week.

Wouldnt that be the same circumstances for the game against Florida last Friday or any weekend game? None of which had the prices or lack of availability as tomorrow's game apparently has.
Last Friday the weather was going to be bad, and it was too close to Christmas for some, and other people are usually traveling that day. I was going to go to the game myself, but I had too much to do in preparation for the weekend

Reactions: MattMartin

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I agree with PK everyone is out of school/college and even some companies close this week.

Last Friday the weather was going to be bad, and it was too close to Christmas for some, and other people are usually traveling that day. I was going to go to the game myself, but I had too much to do in preparation for the weekend
Okay, so last question. Then if everybody is out of school or off from from work this week, why does Thursday's game have like 5x the amount of seats available and you could basically get front row tix in the 200s for 70-80 bucks, which is by comparison costing 120-140 for tomorrow's game. Is it possible there are going to be a shit load of Penguins fans that bought tickets?

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Okay, so last question. Then if everybody is out of school or off from from work this week, why does Thursday's game have like 5x the amount of seats available and you could basically get front row tix in the 200s for 70-80 bucks, which is by comparison costing 120-140 for tomorrow's game. Is it possible there are going to be a shit load of Penguins fans that bought tickets?

I have family that are visiting from FL and NC and some of them are going to Tuesday's game, but they will be heading back home on Thursday/Friday. I would have to think there are other people in the same boat and also the pens are a bigger draw locally than Columbus

Reactions: Big L

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Just curious, is there something going on at this game that I am unaware of as to why the prices and availability are so different than any other game I have checked since probably the Rags and opening night? Almost every game for the past month, there were hundreds if not thousands available on resale, with good seats available for as little as 40-50. For tomorrow, not only are the cheapest resale available over 100$ but it looks like only a few dozen seats here and there are even available. What am I missing? Any ideas?
Honestly, what everyone said above which is...timing.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Wouldnt that be the same circumstances for the game against Florida last Friday or any weekend game? None of which had the prices or lack of availability as tomorrow's game apparently has.
No.

Friday was a travel day for people. And it's the first game after Christmas and I imagine people will have gifted tickets or whatever. Also against the Penguins. Not sure what other reason there could be. If it isn't that it's just an anomaly.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Pitt is a big draw, lots of people in the NYC area on holiday. People want to get out of the house after listening to Uncle Danny for 2 days + now.

maybe wait until tomorrow, sometimes more tickets are released on game day

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Pitt is a big draw, lots of people in the NYC area on holiday. People want to get out of the house after listening to Uncle Danny for 2 days + now.

maybe wait until tomorrow, sometimes more tickets are released on game day
Exactly. There’s got to be some people whose travel plans got blitzed by the weather and are selling their tickets.

Reactions: Big L

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Jason Zucker is in town!

Reactions: Crashsunday

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Honestly I would think that Friday game was partially because of the weather for lower tickets. Usually I go to that game and did not because of weather.

I am visiting from SC and will be here tonight. But by Thursday we will be making our drive home for example. So there's that. I am sure it is similar for many others as well.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The only player I’m expecting to possibly come back somewhat soon is Clutterbuck and in his case, let him get extra rest. Pelech and Varlamov need to return soon however.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The only player I’m expecting to possibly come back somewhat soon is Clutterbuck and in his case, let him get extra rest. Pelech and Varlamov need to return soon however.
He’ll come back. 8 games later he’ll be out again.

Bubble wrap and healthy scratch Clutterbuck until the playoffs. Keep Holmstrom in the lineup once he’s healthy. Or Raty as 4C and Cizikas as RW3

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Looks like Nelson is healthy. No Holmstrom tonight.

Interesting is their willingness to keep Raty at his natural position over the veteran Cizikas. A good sign for Raty. Hope he can keep earning his spot.

Last edited:

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
He’ll come back. 8 games later he’ll be out again.

Bubble wrap and healthy scratch Clutterbuck until the playoffs. Keep Holmstrom in the lineup once he’s healthy. Or Raty as 4C and Cizikas as RW3
I know your not being entirely serious. But entertaining that hypothetical... come playoffs, and what? You put Clutterbuck back in, for who?

As of now I still have a HEALTHY Clutterbuck over Fasching (primarily because of penalty killing) and both players over Martin (unless fisticuffs are a concern). But it's good to see Fasching continue to show he belongs. Hopefully, he or another similar physically styled player can continue to push the fourth liners out over the next year and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad