Staples Twitter: Isles Sign Scott Mayfield (Two years, One way, 625K AAV)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
still think its insane that boychuk has a few rough months with a nagging injury, and now hes being written off as not even making our top 6 anymore :shakehead ..soo hf

Boychuk said at baggie day that he wasn't playing injured when he came back from the check into the end boards against the Devils. It seemed like he was but I have to go by what he said.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
I like Mayfield a lot I just don't know how we'll be able to keep him with our lack of a roster spot for him. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out, but I hope somehow someway he stays an Islander.

Boychuk said at baggie day that he wasn't playing injured when he came back from the check into the end boards against the Devils. It seemed like he was but I have to go by what he said.

He may not have been injured but he seemed bruised up. That's not necessarily the same thing as injured. He'll be good with a summer of rest.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I like Mayfield a lot I just don't know how we'll be able to keep him with our lack of a roster spot for him. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out, but I hope somehow someway he stays an Islander.

He may not have been injured but he seemed bruised up. That's not necessarily the same thing as injured. He'll be good with a summer of rest.

Agreed. I think he was playing banged up, but he said he was ok. :dunno:

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Mayfield and Pelech give us a nice top 8. I'm not sure who's next in line if our injuries pile up though. It would be nice to have at least 1 or 2 more semi-viable options in BP in the event we need them for a while. I guess Matt Finn and Kyle Burroughs would be those guys at this point?

Hopefully BP signs a journeyman vet who is competent enough to skate in the NHL on a short term basis in the event we need them. Basically someone elses Brian Strait. Or TJ Brennan.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Mayfield and Pelech give us a nice top 8. I'm not sure who's next in line if our injuries pile up though. It would be nice to have at least 1 or 2 more semi-viable options in BP in the event we need them for a while. I guess Matt Finn and Kyle Burroughs would be those guys at this point?

Hopefully BP signs a journeyman vet who is competent enough to skate in the NHL on a short term basis in the event we need them. Basically someone elses Brian Strait. Or TJ Brennan.

Matt Carkner

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County

Boy chuck strikes me as the type who would hide an excuse even if it was valid.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site

was thinking this too. maybe it's not too smart to let everyone know that you had a bad injury. there are idiots that will try to ruin someone, just because they can.

i remember seeing Boychuk fall onto an opponent's stick (tailbone), and he seemed in some serious pain. i was too! that hurt my ass! i think it was late season/early playoffs.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Agreed. I think he was playing banged up, but he said he was ok. :dunno:

Boom, exactly what I was going to say. He's not going to say, "Yeah I was a little banged up, my bad." He took responsibility for not playing well. He's a no-excuses kind of guy, even if the excuses are legitimate.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
The current prospect poll would be his 6th with the NYI.
Anyone have his rankings from each year? The isles threads don't go back to 2012 and 2011.

Curious to see where he placed from year to year.
Cheers

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Boom, exactly what I was going to say. He's not going to say, "Yeah I was a little banged up, my bad." He took responsibility for not playing well. He's a no-excuses kind of guy, even if the excuses are legitimate.

after boychuk bodyslams a few guys and finishes October with a +/- of +7, everyone will relax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad