Isles & Season Predictions

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The core continuity and elongated bubble stay will help the Isles. Oh, and those
guys named Trotz, Lambert, and Greco will too.

Still a playoff team with a decent run again.

Dobson shines. Sorokin gives a glimpse. Ollie, Bellows and Otto do not...

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
29-16-11 69 pts.

Dobson impresses. Sorokin impresses. and...

MDC impresses. :O he's one of those guys that takes a few years to acclimatize. nothing special, but he earns the 3LW spot.

Wahlstrom makes it.

Komorov bounces back and forth, between 3LW and 3RW, giving the kids some decent time.

Ladd retires right before the trade deadline, giving LL some cap space. people say, "why would he retire?" well, he gets his signing bonus this year ($3mil), and $1mil for salary. plus, he has a M-NTC, and would rather just give it up, rather than start over again somewhere else.

*that last one is more of a wish, but what the hell.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Shannon has another solid year
Butch continues to be incoherent at times
Coliseum remains empty throughout season due to 12' concourse
Barzy ups his game
Bailey returns to his
APB put out to find Doshell

Isles land 3rd/4th in Conf

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I think due to the frequency we will play our division foes and the familiarity that comes with that, this season will be good for the Islanders. Trotz has been stubborn at times in his career, but more often than not he is adept at making adjustments and matching up his lines against opponents.

I think a lot will rest on how good Sorokin is. Not what a lot of people want to hear but if he winds up being the prodigy he's been billed to be, that could translate to at minimum, a few games being stolen by him.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Between 2-6. I don't think we can finish ahead of Boston and don't think Buffalo or New Jersey will pass us.

Boston is starting the season without Marchand and Pasternak - they lost Chara and Krug. I think there is more of a chance than you are giving them.

I also would add the Rangers to that bottom list - that D is brutal- they also have no C depth as exciting as that F group looks they will be on the lower tier of the division

don’t sleep on Kruger and the Sabres

Reactions: MJF

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Boston is starting the season without Marchand and Pasternak - they lost Chara and Krug. I think there is more of a chance than you are giving them.

I also would add the Rangers to that bottom list - that D is brutal- they also have no C depth as exciting as that F group looks they will be on the lower tier of the division

don’t sleep on Kruger and the Sabres
I agree wholeheartedly.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Komarov will have a 50g season and shut the door on the naysayers.

MDC will score 1g 1a all season

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
When I look at the Isles roster, assuming Greene and Martin are signed. It is the same roster as last year. The biggest pluses are The Isles have JGP to start the year, and 2 big wildcards. Sorokin and Dobson. The Isles season will depend alot of how these 2 play. The Metro division/East division looks to be a division of death. The Isles could be better but behind last year's semi-finals appearance team. I see some improved rosters, it's going to be an interesting 56 game season. No easy nights.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I see us having a slower start to the season, going to see our division as

1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Isles
4. Buffalo
5. Boston
6. Philly
7. Rags
8. Devils

Lavvy gets to a team early, expect Pittsburgh to bounce back

I will go with Colorado to win the cup

For Isles I agree with Winter Soldier our X factors are Dobson and Sorokin for sure, not going to get much from anyone unless Aho gets a chance at some point, I see Aho being effective. MDC, Bellows and Otto will stink... Wahlstrom is hit or miss.

Reactions: Olliemets

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
My prediction this year is that if you want to stop the Isles, you are going to have to figure out how to stop our "2nd line". I think Beau is going to have a monster season. Him and Nelson looked great together in the playoffs, and with Bailey now stapled to that line, there's a lot of versatility to go around.

I think they'll lead the team in points as far as lines go. And then Barzy can feast.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I see us having a slower start to the season, going to see our division as

1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Isles
4. Buffalo
5. Boston
6. Philly
7. Rags
8. Devils

Lavvy gets to a team early, expect Pittsburgh to bounce back

I will go with Colorado to win the cup

For Isles I agree with Winter Soldier our X factors are Dobson and Sorokin for sure, not going to get much from anyone unless Aho gets a chance at some point, I see Aho being effective. MDC, Bellows and Otto will stink... Wahlstrom is hit or miss.

I just don't see Coloardo's depth being able to take on Vegas. Imagine making the Stanley Cup in your inaugural season and then adding Pacioretty, Stone, and Pietrangelo in subsequent offseasons. f*** that. That's my pick.

scott99

May 13, 2005
IF the Islanders stay healthy, I expect them to go as far as last year. Maybe even further. It would be an upset if they get to the finals, but the Islanders are extremely confident. I think their D performs better than last year, more like 2 years ago defensively. I think Dobson, Sorokin, Wahlstrom & Bellows all make the team, and get big minutes on the team. I’m hoping Beauvillier & Barzal break out big time.

I really am excited about this team. I feel like Wahlstrom is gonna be a perennial 30+ goal scorer and Bellows is gonna be a perennial 20+ goal scorer. Would love to see a 3rd line of Bellows-Pageau-Wahlstrom, and keep them together all year round. I think Sorokin is gonna make a major impact. And Dobson, I think he’ll become who he was in juniors, in the NHL.

I know I sound overly optimistic, but this team has major talent, and the best coach in hockey (+Lamoriello).

Last edited:

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
The only outcome I'll be genuinely surprised with is us as bottom-dwellers. Anything else – from bubble team to Presidents' Trophy winners – won't surprise me much.

Reactions: Taswell

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The only outcome I'll be genuinely surprised with is us as bottom-dwellers. Anything else – from bubble team to Presidents' Trophy winners – won't surprise me much.
The President's trophy will be odd this year. Teams in a tough division like ours are not going to get many free points like the teams playing Detroit and Chicago eight times each will.

I suspect the trophy will go to a Central or West team.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
The President's trophy will be odd this year. Teams in a tough division like ours are not going to get many free points like the teams playing Detroit and Chicago eight times each will.

I suspect the trophy will go to a Central or West team.

I think they should just give out 4 President's trophies this year. In some ways it would be the most fair it's ever been, as each team earning one would have had the same exact schedule as all of the teams they beat out

Reactions: notDatsyuk

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I think they should just give out 4 President's trophies this year. In some ways it would be the most fair it's ever been, as each team earning one would have had the same exact schedule as all of the teams they beat out
Either that or none, which isn't their style.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
CCC, baby!

We still got it and it's now got a big playoff run under its belt.

Hardly a team out there is better prepared or ready to kick off this season.

I'm expecting our Isles to go 13-7 out of the gate, maybe a few of those losses being in OT.

The team may level off a bit after that, but I'm expecting a real good start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad