Confirmed with Link: Isles/Rangers Stadium Series game at MetLife in February 2024

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Aren’t the site lines from the stadium seats atrocious for these games?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I still haven’t thawed out from 2014.

Anyone who wants to go, should go. It’s like New Year’s Eve in Times Square. You go there once to experience it and say you were there. After that most people never want to do it ever again. The same goes for me and outdoor games in the middle of winter.

Anyone who wants to buy my tickets can have them!

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Anyone who wants to go, should go. It’s like New Year’s Eve in Times Square. You go there once to experience it and say you were there. After that most people never want to do it ever again. The same goes for me and outdoor games in the middle of winter.

I’ve endured a lot of bad Jets football in shitty weather, first at Shea and later in Jersey.

If you’re young and like to have a number of adult beverages with your friends then have at it. I’ll be watching on a big screen at home.

With that being said I’d still do it for a Jets playoff game but that’s generally not been an option for many years.

Now back to hockey at MetLife. No thanks for me. Isn’t it a sport completely unsuited for the spectator at a football stadium?

Reactions: Osakahaus and MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’ve endured a lot of bad Jets football in shitty weather, first at Shea and later in Jersey.

If you’re young and like to have a number of adult beverages with your friends then have at it. I’ll be watching on a big screen at home.

With that being said I’d still do it for a Jets playoff game but that’s generally not been an option for many years.

Now back to hockey at MetLife. No thanks for me. Isn’t it a sport completely unsuited for the spectator at a football stadium?
To quote the great Bret Yormark, they can watch on their phones. Especially those who have seats in the last rows of the upper level.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
To quote the great Bret Yormark, they can watch on their phones. Especially those who have seats in the last rows of the upper level.
MetLife is a shit stadium, and trying to watch a hockey game from the upper level would be next to impossible to see the puck.

Reactions: MJF

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
last year isles only played the rangers at UBS one time, is that how it’s going to shake out again since this will be and isles homes game?

Reactions: CupHolders

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I'm definitely interested. :nod:

Reactions: MJF

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

This.

Really don't wanna go to another one -- but my 12 year old will probably sway me. I will turn it into an overnight -- not driving home from Jersey same day.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
The league definitely wasted zero time planning ahead after this year's playoffs ratings disaster. I can't blame the league or the playoff teams for that (except for the Islanders/Rangers because a second round matchup would of been a great deal of fun to watch and would've been great for the league).

Should be fun to watch on TV.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Went to the last one at Yankee Stadium. I have no regrets about that, but it's not an experience I'm looking to replicate. Too f***ing cold, and honestly, the game kinda sucked.
This winter thankfully wasn't that bad.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That's disgusting. Keep that Jets shit away from the Islanders.
Just wear the fisherman and make Gen Z happy. One more chance to sell roll out that stupid thing, this time in front of 75,000 people.

We want fish sticks will sound great in a football stadium :shakehead

Reactions: eoin92

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I was given free tickets to the Minnesota one last year. -10 degrees (air temp, not wind chill). They had to put blankets on the ice to "keep it warm." I said "no thanks" and watched it on tv.

Reactions: eoin92

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Aren’t the site lines from the stadium seats atrocious for these games?

Yup. Think of it this way....Sitting in the back of the upper deck at UBS is about the best seat you can have at these outdoor games.

That said football stadiums are so much better to see an outdoor game then when they put it in a baseball stadium (like they did at Fenway). In that case you might have better seats on the roof of your house.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008
Not to beat a dead horse but us season ticket holders are only going to get one isles/rangs home game again this season. If we want to see isles/rangs “home game” we will probably have to pay extra? Doesn’t seem right.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not to beat a dead horse but us season ticket holders are only going to get one isles/rangs home game again this season. If we want to see isles/rangs “home game” we will probably have to pay extra? Doesn’t seem right.
Think of how much money you can make when you sell your tix :sarcasm:

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I was given free tickets to the Minnesota one last year. -10 degrees (air temp, not wind chill). They had to put blankets on the ice to "keep it warm." I said "no thanks" and watched it on tv.

Sounds similar to the 2003 Heritage Classic in Edmonton. FRIGID. Least I got to see 2 games and 4 teams.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Why are they only getting one rags home game this coming season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad