Isles Prospect Talk 2020-21 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
according to local press Salo go to NY next week, and he has some training with a local club, the intresting thing is that that club has a former powerlifting champion as coach. An other former NHL player Oskar Osala (he had only 3 NHL games) but he won the KHL two times, he said when he play in NA he couldnt skate but after he train with the powerlifter he was the best skater in KHL. so hopefylly Salo has lifting weights this summer.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
His 2010 rankings had him at 4 which IS ridiculous but...

A. Any list projecting kids like this is ALWAYS bound to be more wrong than it is right. Too many variables and uneven scouting of the player pool.

B. I don't fault his logic on giving some of the players that ooze skill with red flags a bump, the problem is that he routinely catapults them. He should just add into the blurb about 'top 5 potential' or whatever.

Edit: 2011 was interesting too... Strome @ 2 and then:
16. Scott Mayfield, Defense, Youngstown-USHL*
17. Jonas Brodin, Defense, Farjestad-SEL*
18. Sven B�rtschi, Left Wing, Portland-WHL*
19. Nikita Kucherov, Left Wing, CSKA-MHL*
20. Dmitrij Jaskin, Right Wing, HC Slavia Praha-Czech Extraliga*
funny how most of these guys have been solid besides baetschi and jaskin

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
funny how most of these guys have been solid besides baetschi and jaskin

Yep, and Baertschi was looking pretty good until his onslaught of injury problems (concussion-related, I believe).

Now Jaskin has come off of two years of being a top scorer in the KHL and signed a pretty hefty deal with Arizona (over 3 mil per) for the upcoming season. If he can't get an offensive role there, then he can't get one anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: SI

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Yep, and Baertschi was looking pretty good until his onslaught of injury problems (concussion-related, I believe).

Now Jaskin has come off of two years of being a top scorer in the KHL nad signed a pretty hefty deal with Arizona (over 3 mil per) for the upcoming season. If he can't get an offensive role there, then he can't get one anywhere.
To be fair, asking anyone to score for the biggest tank job since that 2015 sabres team is a hard ask. Jaskin is kinda dumb to reject an offer from Arizona, and not from a contending team. That or nobody else gave him a contract and it was just Arizona. Would be shocked if it was the latter

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
To be fair, asking anyone to score for the biggest tank job since that 2015 sabres team is a hard ask. Jaskin is kinda dumb to reject an offer from Arizona, and not from a contending team. That or nobody else gave him a contract and it was just Arizona. Would be shocked if it was the latter

letterkenny-to-be-fair.gif

Reactions: PK Cronin

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Add Wilde to the list of potential assets to be used in a trade although I guess his stock went down with the latest news that he is unvaccinated and cannot participate in camp or play for an Islander affiliate.

Not what you want to see from a top 5 prospect and his comments to follow probably insures he is in the doghouse.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
These types of quotes from Barry make me horny

Really makes me want him to stay in America but he does need to play in Oulu some more and grow. He's a kid who had that great pedigree ripped away, of course he's gonna be very hungry. Lets just hope he doesn't end up like Angelo Esposito or Sean Day or any player who falls in that bucket. Raty is very hungry at the least so let's hope he grows

Reactions: SI90

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
It's my home town hockey club from Mannheim and when I was young I was there at the old Friedrichspark stadium for every game, but when they build the new SAP arena and renamed the franchise from the old "Mannheim ERC" (ERC = literally "ice hockey and rollerblade club") to "Adler (Eagles) Mannheim" in the 1990's I decided to leave them and don't follow them anymore. I don't even follow German hockey in general, just NHL where's the real stuff...

For Ruslan there's another news line:
Mannheims Ruslan Iskhakov fällt drei bis vier Wochen aus
*****(Google translate:)
The Adler Mannheim have to do without attacker Ruslan Iskhakov for around three to four weeks. The 21-year-old suffered a foot injury but does not require surgery. Iskhakov moved from Finland to Mannheim before the season. In the Champions Hockey League, the 1.73-meter-tall and 69-kg Russian scored three goals in four games.
“That is extremely bitter for us and for Ruslan himself. To be injured for a longer period of time shortly after the start of the season is doubly tragic for a newcomer. Due to his failure, we are missing a striker who has already shown in the last few weeks what he is able to achieve due to his running and technical skills ”, said Adler sports manager Jan-Axel Alavaara.*****

Three to four weeks starting from 15th September, it's no drama, should be still a good chance to help the team get another championship for Mannheim. It will be a long season including playoffs.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I just saw a clip of a press briefing by Trotz, it sounds like Bode Wilde decided not to get Vaxxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad