Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
On the Wahlstrom front, checked the boxscore from last night's game. He had 8 shots on goal, but didn't score in a 2-1 loss. BC has lost 5 games in a row, and their record is not very good. 10-17-3. So he could be in a Dobson situation. Also I wonder, why not try him a Center like they did for Koivula? Anyway just a random thought.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Saginaw scoreless in the first.

Huskies leading 1-0 Dobson with an assist and is now a +1 on the year lol

I think the Huskies are 18-0 with Dobson and have won 20 in a row overall. They're nearing the Q record, I think it's 25. Pretty crazy, they are like a tremendous machine.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think the Huskies are 18-0 with Dobson and have won 20 in a row overall. They're nearing the Q record, I think it's 25. Pretty crazy, they are like a tremendous machine.

They’re killing it. Dobson Probably couldn’t have landed in a bettter spot and he was exactly what they were missing. Back 2 back memorial cup appearances with 2 different teams as the #1 defenseman would be as impressive as it gets.

They have a real shot!

Reactions: PWJunior

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ummm Huskies decided to take over. Leading 8-1 in the 3rd.

Our Boy Dobson with 4 assists. Lol

He’s getting so much valuable experience and development. He learned how to play through losing and now he’s learning how to play on a powerhouse that just wins.

Update final 8-1. Dobson 2nd star of the game. 4assists +2

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Ummm Huskies decided to take over. Leading 8-1 in the 3rd.

Our Boy Dobson with 4 assists. Lol

He’s getting so much valuable experience and development. He learned how to play through losing and now he’s learning how to play on a powerhouse that just wins.

Update final 8-1. Dobson 2nd star of the game. 4assists +2
Stud

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The Huskies are killing everyone, a Memorial Cup berth seems inevitable. Would be pretty sick to win B2B Mem Cups.

I wonder how many times thats been done? Win a memorial cup in consecutive years with 2 different teams? I can’t imagine it’s been done too often.

You’d have to be on 2 great teams in the same league, win the league, and then win against the champs from the other CHL leagues in the memorial cup.

Would be some accomplishment

Reactions: PWJunior

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Our 2 blue chip defensive studs are having a heck of a year.

How has Wilde been defensively?

Definitely improving but needs that discipline to just play defense at times. He makes some real head scratcher decisions at times getting caught out of position. Then you see him make a great breakout pass. All in all your organization made a good decision in sending him to Saginaw just the TOI, PP, PK, Top 2 and getting better. His speed surprises me all the time along with a deadly NHL caliber one timer. I know I have said this before it will be discipline and maturing defensively and the sky is the limit offensively. I don't know if that helps any?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Definitely improving but needs that discipline to just play defense at times. He makes some real head scratcher decisions at times getting caught out of position. Then you see him make a great breakout pass. All in all your organization made a good decision in sending him to Saginaw just the TOI, PP, PK, Top 2 and getting better. His speed surprises me all the time along with a deadly NHL caliber one timer. I know I have said this before it will be discipline and maturing defensively and the sky is the limit offensively. I don't know if that helps any?

Absolutely thank you! Pretty much the same when he was with the USDP. I feel getting a chance to learn from Trotz will benefit him immensely

Reactions: Finster8

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Say what you want about Lamoriello being old and these picks being common sense picks but he really knocked the first two rounds out of the park.

To be 100% completely fair he stated himself that he came on so late that he leaned heavily on the isles scouts And the work that they had done.

Some people joked that he was working with 2 draft lists. I’m curious to know how many meetings if any he had about the upcoming draft with the leafs before he left

Reactions: The Winter Soldier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad