Isles/Pens all game brawl

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Don't say that too loud. On the Pens board, the Isles players are the devil.

In my opinion, it's simple. Karma.... and it's a total *****.

From the pair of chuckling Pens goaltenders to Talbot growing a sack on home ice to Tangradi trying to get in the fray and run every Islander he could tonight.

Karma caught up w/the Pens tonight and they ran into a juggernaut.

Pens were embarassed in every respect tonight which begs the question "Who's laughing now?". Brett Johnson and 'The Flower' (wow... give me that nickname) didn't look like they were smiling heading off the ice or in the post game.

Bottom-line: Stay classy Pittsburgh.
Clean hit by Talbot, clean fight by Johnson, results in Bertuzzi-esque move by Martin on Talbot, and dirty hit from behind followed by jumping the player he just concussed by Gillies. Clearly the Isles are strongly at fault here, and will pay for it in large suspensions and fines.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Wow, gotta love the Isles:)
Haley is one great guy.

Pens just got what they deserved. Hope they get more of it this season.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Haley was just out of control and out to hurt someone.

There was nothing wrong with what Haley did. He didn't sucker punch anyone or keep hitting them while they were on the ground. Johnson was a more than willing combatant that wanted to go with Haley.

justPlay

(>‿◠)✌
Jan 10, 2009
There was nothing wrong with what Haley did. He didn't sucker punch anyone or keep hitting them while they were on the ground. Johnson was a more than willing combatant that wanted to go with Haley.

Agreed. He was pretty pumped up, great game for him.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

don't forget about that pretty sweet goal he scored

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Kudos to Godard IMO, did what he was paid to. Martin on the other hand would get a very lengthy suspension from me.

HoverCarle*

Godard and Gillies will get big suspensions.

Martin may get 1 or 2 games.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
There's standing up for one another and calling out Cooke-like players but I saw cheap-shot punches on a defenseless Talbot and Gillies punching a concussed Tangradi on the ice. There's toughness and then there's this sort of Bertuzzi-esque wanton disregard for people that can end careers. Sorry, but I pay to watch skilled players (D included). This was pretty disgusting.

:cry:

Great game, entertaining as hell.

twentytwo

Jun 23, 2008
Hey guys, I was at the game last night and my thoughts on possible suspensions.

Martin, absolute cheap shot, but saying it's Bertuzzi-like is plain ridiculous. I could see him getting 5 games or so.

Gillies, high hit and I'm not exactly sure why he was pummeling Tangradi (sp?) afterwards, I would say Godard and him receive 10 games each.

Haley, I don't think he gets one, I think the penalties he tallied last night were enough. If allowed, he will probably get hit with some sort of fine.

Crazy game, got a little out of control, but the emotion in that place was absolutely electric.

I feel what's lost in all of this is Hillen and Tangradi (again, sp?), I hope they both aren't out for too long and their concussions are on the mild side. My best to both of them.

straka91*

Hey guys, I was at the game last night and my thoughts on possible suspensions.

Martin, absolute cheap shot, but saying it's Bertuzzi-like is plain ridiculous. I could see him getting 5 games or so.

Gillies, high hit and I'm not exactly sure why he was pummeling Tangradi (sp?) afterwards, I would say Godard and him receive 10 games each.

Haley, I don't think he gets one, I think the penalties he tallied last night were enough. If allowed, he will probably get hit with some sort of fine.

Crazy game, got a little out of control, but the emotion in that place was absolutely electric.

I feel what's lost in all of this is Hillen and Tangradi (again, sp?), I hope they both aren't out for too long and their concussions are on the mild side. My best to both of them.

It looked like Martin was saying something to Talbot so it wasnt that cheap def not a Bertuzzi since he didnt punch the back of his head. 2-5 games or a fine. Look at Lucic or Eager incidents.

Gillies-Maybe 2 not 10 for sure.

Godard-Agreed

Haley gets one for sure because of the 3 fight rule.

I hope they dont have serious injuries too. Both teams have lost a lot of players so far.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
skating to the box? if he was going to the box why skate to center ice, Haley wanted a piece of johnson for beating on Depietro last week, he was skating towards center ice johnson saw im skating towards him and took his gear off

you can also see when he gets to about the blue line he rolls his sleeves back up, pretty clear universal sign of lets go

jesus christ, do you know where the penalty box is?

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh

From the pair of chuckling Pens goaltenders to Talbot growing a sack on home ice to Tangradi trying to get in the fray and run every Islander he could tonight.

Pens were embarassed in every respect tonight which begs the question "Who's laughing now?". Brett Johnson and 'The Flower' (wow... give me that nickname) didn't look like they were smiling heading off the ice or in the post game.

good on Goddard protecting his goalie. Glass Jaw DiPetro called on BJack the last time out & got nailed.

Enjoy the offseason, but remember, April 8th will come & there will be pay back...

The KGBeast

Apr 9, 2009
Long Island, NY
The penalty boxes are those two doors out at centre ice. As you become more familiar with the sport, you'll know the locations of all of the rink's features, such as the blue lines (the two blue lines on the ice), the centre red line (the red line at the centre of the rink), and the nets (the two red metal frames with netting on them).

Thread over.

steelcity24

Jan 31, 2011
gillies should be murdered for what he did.. and i think johnson was gonna whoop haleys ass..jus my opinion.. and its pretty bad this is the highlight of the islanders season.. maybe even highlight of the last 10 seasons..

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

Pens will be laughing all the way to the playoffs. Pens weren't laughing at DiPietro but the fact that Johnny has never shown that side to his game before, he's a very easy going guy and not a feisty goalie like some of the goalies in the NHL.

As for Tangradi "running" Islanders that's what we call forechecking.

What killed Pittsburgh was Engelland and Rupp getting tossed, and Asham being hurt. If Engelland and Rupp don't get tossed, they have the upper hand in the 3rd.

I imagine if Engelland, Rupp and Asham had all been in for the whole game then it wouldn't have gotten out of hand.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
"Holy **** holy **** holy crap the greatest day of my whole life."

:biglaugh:

Man, people need to get a life. Yeah, ok, it's fine if it's an intense game to see willing combatants go at it. But for the guy holding the camera to freak out with joy over a hockey brawl? Dude. C'mon.

EDIT: Gillies pulled a real ***** move btw

Last edited:

Lgr22

Aug 2, 2005
what are you guys' thoughts on the 2 on 1 fight of godard/johnson vs haley? isn't godard jumping in and wailing on haley the same as hitting a defenseless player, considering he was already tied up?

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
what are you guys' thoughts on the 2 on 1 fight of godard/johnson vs haley? isn't godard jumping in and wailing on haley the same as hitting a defenseless player, considering he was already tied up?

It's interesting, I'd say it's worse than what Martin did. Spinning around on skates like that you have absolutely no chance to defend yourself. He probably would have gotten a longer suspension if he didn't have 10 already. If it was an automatic 6 game suspension he probably would have gotten another 1-4 games.

Then again, fighting a goalie is also bad as they have much bulkier equipment and can't move around in a fight as easily. But it's not like Johnson didn't call him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad