Isles/Pens all game brawl

straka91*

Epic game. Players standing up for another. Tough guys doing thier jobs. No complaints.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
There's standing up for one another and calling out Cooke-like players but I saw cheap-shot punches on a defenseless Talbot and Gillies punching a concussed Tangradi on the ice. There's toughness and then there's this sort of Bertuzzi-esque wanton disregard for people that can end careers. Sorry, but I pay to watch skilled players (D included). This was pretty disgusting.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
You have to remember it's a retaliation for Pens taking out Isle's players (whether those hits were legal or not).

After that the Pens retaliated again and it snowballed from there. Both sides are at fault.

cjdv16

Nov 22, 2005
The Swamp
You have to remember it's a retaliation for Pens taking out Isle's players (whether those hits were legal or not).

After that the Pens retaliated again and it snowballed from there. Both sides are at fault.

Don't say that too loud. On the Pens board, the Isles players are the devil.

In my opinion, it's simple. Karma.... and it's a total *****.

From the pair of chuckling Pens goaltenders to Talbot growing a sack on home ice to Tangradi trying to get in the fray and run every Islander he could tonight.

Karma caught up w/the Pens tonight and they ran into a juggernaut.

Pens were embarassed in every respect tonight which begs the question "Who's laughing now?". Brett Johnson and 'The Flower' (wow... give me that nickname) didn't look like they were smiling heading off the ice or in the post game.

Bottom-line: Stay classy Pittsburgh.

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
Don't worry, Bettman will get a handle on this.

Godard 15 games
Gillies 15 games
Martin 10 games

Coaches may get 1 each

Teams fine 50k each

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Martin's punch was cheap, but Talbot is a coward. If he would have answered for his cheap shot on Comeau, none of this would have happened. As long as dirty players can hide behind the instigator penalty, you will see more of this. The league won't police dirty players and won't let the players do it. Once games get out of hand, this type of carnage will become common place as players will use them to get revenge regardless of getting penalized.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I thought if the player leaves the bench to join an altercation he gets 10 and the coach gets 10?

thought it was 10 and 1.

Godard could get extra on top of that, mainly because of the third man in.
Dont see bylsma getting more than one game unless the refs warned him after the first set to control his guys.

Martin will definitely get at least one, but max 3 for the suckerpunch.

Gilles is a question mark for me. I could see him getting nothing and i could see him getting 10.

pensfan

Jan 9, 2011
Pittsburgh
Gilles is such a ********n coward. Its a basic code in hockey not to hit a man when he's down, especially if they're injured like Tangradi was. Haley was just out of control and out to hurt someone. Yeah, the pens should have expected a little retaliation after dipietro got his face broke by Johnson, but this was overboard.

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
What killed Pittsburgh was Engelland and Rupp getting tossed, and Asham being hurt. If Engelland and Rupp don't get tossed, they have the upper hand in the 3rd.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Haley was just out of control and out to hurt someone.

Who was Haley out to hurt? He fought an early fight, then he had a fight in one of the brawls, and when he was skating to the box he got challenged by Johnson.

Martin will get at least 10 games for how reminiscent that was of the Bertuzzi incident.

Were there any instigators in the fights in the last 5 minutes?

Trapper2530

Sep 4, 2010
Chicago
Who was Haley out to hurt? He fought an early fight, then he had a fight in one of the brawls, and when he was skating to the box he got challenged by Johnson.

Martin will get at least 10 games for how reminiscent that was of the Bertuzzi incident.

Were there any instigators in the fights in the last 5 minutes?

skating to the box? if he was going to the box why skate to center ice, Haley wanted a piece of johnson for beating on Depietro last week, he was skating towards center ice johnson saw im skating towards him and took his gear off

you can also see when he gets to about the blue line he rolls his sleeves back up, pretty clear universal sign of lets go

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
skating to the box? if he was going to the box why skate to center ice, Haley wanted a piece of johnson for beating on Depietro last week, he was skating towards center ice johnson saw im skating towards him and took his gear off

you can also see when he gets to about the blue line he rolls his sleeves back up, pretty clear universal sign of lets go

The penalty boxes are those two doors out at centre ice. As you become more familiar with the sport, you'll know the locations of all of the rink's features, such as the blue lines (the two blue lines on the ice), the centre red line (the red line at the centre of the rink), and the nets (the two red metal frames with netting on them).

Johnson is way out by the blueline. In the TV replay from behind Haley, it's pretty clear they're talking, and it's pretty clear that it was mutual, if not initiated by Johnson. Haley it talking to Johnson as he's going across the ice, makes a "sure, why not" type of motion, and then starts moving towards Johnson.

In this one you can see Johnson is out at the blueline the whole time, and is motioning at Haley once Haley disengages from Talbot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->