Proposal: Isles - Kings blockbuster (Lee - Doughty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
The only thing disgusting here was the opening trade you suggested and then going off on a tantrum anytime somebody doesn't like it. Lee is a good player, but he's not a franchise player. No mid-range first is going to value that trade to be even.

I disagree. The article I posted clearly states that power forwards enter their prime in their late 20s or early 30s lasting into mid 30s. Lee is only 27 and improved every year since 2015. He's on pace for 50 this year. You may have another decade of similar production based upon his improvement season over season production and the heavily researched stats on power forwards based on the article I posted. For anyone knows, Lee could end up being a franchise winger based on his current trajectory. Him plus a possible top 10 first round pick in the deepest draft in years is not something to scoff at like many here are doing. Saying no is one thing and understandable. But not to even consider it a possibility and laugh at it is simply erroneous since I have the stats and facts to back that up, unlike most posters in this thread.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Great argument. A+ assesment with stats and facts to back you up. Really made me think.
Let's wait until the 27 yr old Lee beats his career-best 52 points before we talk about trading him for one of the best dman in the game...:laugh:

Reactions: Mork

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Let's wait until the 27 yr old Lee beats his career-best 52 points before we talk about trading him for one of the best dman in the game...:laugh:

Sure. When Lee wins his first Rocket Richard either this season or the next few seasons, feel free to bump the thread ;)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Sure. When Lee wins his first Rocket Richard either this season or the next few seasons, feel free to bump the thread ;)

You should.
What does Lee, PAP, Moulson, Vanek, Okposo and Bailey all have in common?
Maybe you SHOULD sell Lee and get massive returns like the above players netted.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
How has this not been locked and is the OP that delusional that he continues to post favouring the merits of this God awful proposal?

Reactions: Mork and Eberzal

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
How has this not been locked and is the OP that delusional that he continues to post favouring the merits of this God awful proposal?

Sorry. Are my logical and statistical points with proven research and linked sources too much for you to comprehend?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Sorry. Are my logical and statistical points with proven research and linked sources too much for you to comprehend?
27 year olds who are on pace for a career year while riding shotgun with one of the best centers in the league don't have that value, bud. Get a grip.
Remember what Cheechoo did leeching off of Thornton?

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
27 year olds who are on pace for a career year while riding shotgun with one of the best centers in the league don't have that value, bud. Get a grip.
Remember what Cheechoo did leeching off of Thornton?

Haha oh look! Another Cheechoo argument. Literally the only argument against lee is based on a player who won the rocket richard over a decade ago lmao I'm sorry I'll take my source on how power forwards develop based on the average of all power forwards who played the game versus an outlier that happened over a decade ago.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Haha oh look! Another Cheechoo argument. Literally the only argument against lee is based on a player who won the rocket richard over a decade ago lmao I'm sorry I'll take my source on how power forwards develop based on the average of all power forwards who played the game versus an outlier that happened over a decade ago.

Or people are warning you against a prime-aged player who only starts producing when he's attached to a super-star center....but do you and continue to go overboard with expectations.
GM's aren't idiots for the most part and won't buy high on a player like Lee.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Or people are warning you against a prime-aged player who only starts producing when he's attached to a super-star center....but do you and continue to go overboard with expectations.
GM's aren't idiots for the most part and won't buy high on a player like Lee.

""Skills related to reaction time and to speed and explosive power of muscle movement peak in the early to mid-20s," but "endurance and skill at complex physical tasks peak later — in the late 20s or early 30s.""

Source: Hockey metrics: Measuring when and why NHL players peak

Idk how many times I need to post it. But power forwards don't hit their prime till their late 20's early 30's compared to skill forwards who prime mid 20's. Lee is actually ahead of schedule.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
""Skills related to reaction time and to speed and explosive power of muscle movement peak in the early to mid-20s," but "endurance and skill at complex physical tasks peak later — in the late 20s or early 30s.""

Source: Hockey metrics: Measuring when and why NHL players peak

Idk how many times I need to post it. But power forwards don't hit their prime till their late 20's early 30's compared to skill forwards who prime mid 20's. Lee is actually ahead of schedule.
Instead of continuing to post that, why not try posting something valuable?

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Instead of continuing to post that, why not try posting something valuable?

Speak for yourself, you've contributed absolutely nothing except "Lee sucks ever hear of Cheechoo LMAO" garbage.

Why the mods continue to allow this Lee bash fest to continue is beyond me. We need more smug fans coming in to remind us that the worst case scenario for Lee's career is the only scenario, he's much much much much worse than his numbers indicate, and us Islander fans should hang our heads in shame at how overrated our PPG power forward winger is. This is the kind of discussion we need more of.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Only thing that is difficult to comprehend here is your ignorance in the fact that players peak younger in today's game and power forwards tend to decline at an accelerated pace due to the demands of playing that style.

To make such a proposal for one of the top-3 dmen in the game required more than a career best 55 point winger benefiting from playing along side one of the top centres in the game. Everyone here understand that except for the obtuse OP.

Read it slowly several times and perhaps you'll understand what level of an idiot you are coming across as in this thread.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Only thing that is difficult to comprehend here is your ignorance in the fact that players peak younger in today's game and power forwards tend to decline at an accelerated pace due to the demands of playing that style.

To make such a proposal for one of the top-3 dmen in the game required more than a career best 55 point winger benefiting from playing along side one of the top centres in the game. Everyone here understand that except for the obtuse OP.

Read it slowly several times and perhaps you'll understand what level of an idiot you are coming across as in this thread.

"Career best 55 point season" (Fails to take into account how he's in contention for the friggin Rocket Richard and will easily break that point barrier)

"Power forwards tend to decline at a faster rate" (Fails to read the article from the friggin CBC and how research was done to prove power forwards actually last longer than skill forwards, well into their 30s)

"Playing alongside one of the Best centers in Tavares" (Fails to take into account Lee also produced without playing with Tavares. Also, acts like Kopitar isn't a top 5 center himself)

Anything else you wanna add?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
This thread is embarrassing but not for the reason that some rogue Islanders fans think....wow.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
The problem with the trade, is that doughty will be ufa in a year and a half. Wouldn't do it if I was the Islanders.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
If yesterday is any indication, you would simply dismiss any "solid argument" as the ramblings of a crazy person anyway.

No I wouldn't. Yesterday a couple of people gave sound, logical reasoning on why they personally wouldn't do it while acknowledging it's not as ludacris others are making it out to be. And I said thank you to those people and admitted they provided solid points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad