Proposal: Isles - Kings blockbuster (Lee - Doughty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Isles:

Anders Lee
CGY 2018 1st round draft pick

Kings:

Drew Doughty
Darcy Kuemper

Kings get a rocket richard contender just entering his prime on an amazing contract and a 1st in a deep draft.

Isles get their 1D and a goalie who has the stats to be a starter.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
wow to say selling lee while his value is high would be an understatement.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011

Are the Islanders throwing in Barzal too?

Anders lee is as productive as Kucherov and has been -more- productive than ovechkin since last December. Lee is currently a top 3 goal scorer in the entire league... Doughty is arguable top 3 defender as well, but difference is isles is giving up their first in exchange for a backup goalie. Barzal and Lee would command Doughty + + and your crazy if you think otherwise

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So.. ovi and kuch aren't comparable to Doughty..? Interesting

Tavares can turn chicken **** into chicken soup (see Moulson, PAP, even Okposo to an extent). Lee is actually a good player playing on a top line. Production aside, Lee isn't a driver on a line. There are so few players in this league that can move a needle and even though I really like Lee, he isn't in that realm of player. Tavares, Doughty etc though...yes.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anders lee is as productive as Kucherov and has been -more- productive than ovechkin since last December. Lee is currently a top 3 goal scorer in the entire league... Doughty is arguable top 3 defender as well, but difference is isles is giving up their first in exchange for a backup goalie. Barzal and Lee would command Doughty + + and your crazy if you think otherwise

I think you're the crazy one for thinking this lol. Doughty is arguably the best defenseman in the league, and it'd take a player like Tavares to acquire him at least. Lee would not have the same value in LA that he does in New York and his production likely won't be maintained. You may do this as an Islanders fan, but Kings fan would just laugh and rightfully ignore this proposal.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Unfortunately Anders Lee is 27 years old and up until this year was basically a .5 PPG player for his career. He obviously enjoys playing with John Tavares. He's a good NHL winger but to suggest he would come close to getting you Drew Doughty is, well embarrassing.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Y'all crazy. Lee is the last of the power forward type. His style is more comparable to iginla than other scorers. The isles are a fast team speedy skill team yet Lee still stands in front of the net and scores like a machine. I honestly think he would score more goals with the kings style of play and playing with kopitar over Tavares. If you watch lee play, you would see how well kopitar would compliment him. I honestly believe Lee would be better on the kings than the isles. Chemistry is huge when it comes to trade proposals, and watching kopitar and Lee play I think they would get along famously.

And enough with the Lee isn't as good as Doughty. Obviously I know he isn't equal in value. That's why I'm throwing in a mid range first round pick for him. Only thing I would change for this proposal is changing it from NYI 1st to CGY 1st. Anything more than that is overpayment and your nuts if you think your gonna fetch more for one more year of Doughty before he's getting paid 10 mil a year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Y'all crazy. Lee is the last of the power forward type. His style is more comparable to iginla than other scorers. The isles are a fast team speedy skill team yet Lee still stands in front of the net and scores like a machine. I honestly think he would score more goals with the kings style of play and playing with kopitar over Tavares. If you watch lee play, you would see how well kopitar would compliment him. I honestly believe Lee would be better on the kings than the isles. Chemistry is huge when it comes to trade proposals, and watching kopitar and Lee play I think they would get along famously.

And enough with the Lee isn't as good as Doughty. Obviously I know he isn't equal in value. That's why I'm throwing in a mid range first round pick for him. Only thing I would change for this proposal is changing it from NYI 1st to CGY 1st. Anything more than that is overpayment and your nuts if you think your gonna fetch more for one more year of Doughty before he's getting paid 10 mil a year.

1. Not even close

2. Not nearly enough for Doughty as you've been told.

I hate to throw out the T word but this thread is borderline.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Isles:

Anders Lee
NYI 2018 1st round draft pick

Kings:

Drew Doughty
Darcy Kuemper

Kings get a rocket richard contender just entering his prime on an amazing contract and a 1st in a deep draft.

Isles get their 1D and a goalie who has the stats to be a starter.

Thoughts?
Wow .This post was just made to get fans jacked up ,right? I mean no one in their right mind would really believe that Lee could get Doughty.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Wow .This post was just made to get fans jacked up ,right? I mean no one in their right mind would really believe that Lee could get Doughty.

A top 2 goal scorer in the entire NHL being paid peanuts and a first round pick in a deep draft can't get a top 3 defender that's about to be paid 10 mil or more next year? Yeah ok bud

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
This thread just shows you have criminally underrated Lee is

One good half year doesn't get you a top 5-10 cup winning defenseman. Why not just trade Aaron Dell for Carey Price, same reasoning.

Lee is good, but you are out to lunch if you think this is even fair for LA. To me, this proposal is outlandish and should be locked.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
One good half year doesn't get you a top 3 cup winning defenseman. Why not just trade Aaron Dell for Carey Price, same reasoning.

Lee is good, but you are out to lunch if you think this is even fair for LA. To me, this proposal is outlandish and should be locked.

I updated the bolded for you, but yeah. Lee isn't even in the same stratosphere as Doughty, and what would become a late 20s pick after this trade doesn' make up for it.

Reactions: Raymoondo

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
Let me ask you this. If Lee wins the Rocket Richard this year, will you all still not consider him a "real" top 5 goal scorer in the league? Probably not, because his name isn't kucherov or ovechkin. What a lack of respect here for Lee and it's shameful tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad