Proposal: Isles - Jackets

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Murray is likely here through the year unless he is being traded in an upgrade or package. I can see him with Panarin to Florida for Trocheck and a little something extra.

If you guys want to make an offer for Panarin+Murray for Wahlstrom+1st+ Im ready to listen though.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I don't think NYI make any significant deals until and unless they decide to sell off their scoring wingers Lee and Eberle, and I don't think that they'll do that right away. I think it's clear that if Brock Nelson had any value, he'd have been traded by now. That said, I thought the same thing about Griffin Reinhart and Ryan Strome.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Murray is likely here through the year unless he is being traded in an upgrade or package. I can see him with Panarin to Florida for Trocheck and a little something extra.

If you guys want to make an offer for Panarin+Murray for Wahlstrom+1st+ Im ready to listen though.
Glad you can see that, but FLA can't.

No chance FLA moves Trocheck for a guy who wants to go to UFA.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Dal Colle has literally little to no value at all

He has value, but of course Murray is more valueable. It’s not even close.

Reinhart also had value when many had given up on him, one 1st rounder and one 2nd rounder if I remember correctly.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
He has value, but of course Murray is more valueable. It’s not even close.

Reinhart also had value when many had given up on him, one 1st rounder and one 2nd rounder if I remember correctly.
Reinhart was drafted the year before he was traded. Some felt he still had something in him. Dal Colles long been written off by everyone

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reinhart was drafted the year before he was traded. Some felt he still had something in him. Dal Colles long been written off by everyone
Er. He was a 2012 draftee and traded in 2015.

Then again, Dal Colle was drafted in 2014, so we're into four years after draft now. And the rule of thumb is that defensemen take longer to develop anyways, so Reinhart's perceived value had a lot more leeway in that regard.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Er. He was a 2012 draftee and traded in 2015.

Then again, Dal Colle was drafted in 2014, so we're into four years after draft now. And the rule of thumb is that defensemen take longer to develop anyways, so Reinhart's perceived value had a lot more leeway in that regard.
My bad, thought he was traded for at the 2014 draft. Then I remembered, oh no Mcdavid that year.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Not really interested in Murray, he doesn't excite me. I mean Nelson isn't exciting either but idk I'd rather run with Toews/Pelech than Murray for the third pairing on the left.

And definitely not trading Beau for him that'd be awful. And they aren't trading him for Dal Colle, that'd be awful for them.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011

If he doesn’t succeed this season - than I will be ready to write him off. Bridgeport Sound Tigers has been one of the worst AHL sides for years now. However, it seems like things will change this season. Plenty of top class AHL players has been signed, and that will probably benefit Dal Colle’s game. Hopefully they’ll also sign a new coach before the season starts.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017

The only lesson one can learn from the Reinhart trade is that Chiarelli was nuts. Dal Colle suffers from the same problem as Reinhart - he never developed the physical strength and explosiveness that he was projected to at the draft. He's all frame, no filling - Dal Colle today the same player today as the guy NYI drafted. The same applies to Griffin Reinhart. That's a problem. I expect to see Dal Colle in Europe before too long. He'll be a star in Switzerland. Can't say the same about Reinhart...

Anyway, it's hard to consider a Ryan Murray to NYI trade thread without recalling Snow offering ALL THE PICKS for the opportunity to draft Murray. I'm glad that never happened, because despite the disaster of the All D draft was for NYI, Reinhart was traded for the opportunity to draft our franchise player, Pelech is an NHLer, and Pokka was a key in the Leddy deal.

At any rate, I don't see NYI & CBJ making any significant deals.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Glad you can see that, but FLA can't.

No chance FLA moves Trocheck for a guy who wants to go to UFA.
It would obviously be signed... unless its at the TDL he is being moved for an extension so the price is higher.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It would obviously be signed... unless its at the TDL he is being moved for an extension so the price is higher.
If he's willing to sign in FLA, they can wait and do it next summer and still have their #2 C.

Seems like a better option.

Reactions: Pia8988

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Feels like if he keeps posting about Trocheck it will happen. Florida would be dumb to trade away Trocheck.
it's no different then Habs fans who haven't given up the Borgstrom for Pacioretty dream. It makes perfect sense for his team so the fact that it doesn't make sense for the other team gets obscured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad