Rumor: Isles in talks for ROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Here's the article/interview it came from (shared by that same Blues fan) -

Armstrong, Blues Aim to Trade for Players and Sell Them on St. Louis - 101Sports.com

“Moving forward with this young group is something we want…We want to be highly competitive today, but we want to protect our future. We’ve talked internally and we could improve our team drastically within really 12 hours if we wanted to move three or four of these pieces that we have an excitement about."

“The price of doing business in the trade market was three of these pieces for one player, or two pieces and a high draft pick and we just didn’t feel that that’s the best long-term approach for the St. Louis Blues organization.”

He doesn't specifically say ROR. But one could reasonably assume that may be who he was talking about.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
One thing I learnt from the three years Lou was GM is that he is too conservative to make this deal.

He was too conservative to give up one of their 1st rounders for Pacioretty and that probably cost them Tavares.

Isles fans have yet to realize that they're dealing with a subpar GM.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Buffalo eats the bonus, the price goes up.

They've got multiple suitors and don't need to move him today. If the Isles want him they're going to have to part with several pieces that hurt.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Wahlstrom, Bellows and Dobson will not be on the table for ROR. Ho-Sang + B prospect + 1st.

Lol, that's like the Sabres trying to get Barzal and Sabres fans saying Mittelstadt is untouchable. And then offering Guhle + Asplund + 1st for Barzal. You give to get, and you really give to get a #1/2 center in his prime who would be the Islanders #1C and best or second best player for the foreseeable future.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Cost will be too high, today or tomorrow. We just totally restocked our system, there's no real good reason to jettison it (and I love Ryan O'Reilly).

Can we borrow Reilly over the summer so he can teach Mat how to win faceoffs? You can have Brock Nelson.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Cost will be too high, today or tomorrow. We just totally restocked our system, there's no real good reason to jettison it (and I love Ryan O'Reilly).

Can we borrow Reilly over the summer so he can teach Mat how to win faceoffs? You can have Brock Nelson.

Maybe it is because they re-stocked their prospect pool that they can now afford to make a move like this?

Reactions: normaliswear

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If the Isles give up Wahlstrom or Dobson here I think I will head straight to the funny farm. This would be Milbury-esque.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I don’t know why the Isles would trade any prospects now when they could have made a move for Pacioretty or Grubauer and maybe kept Tavares. Fans aren’t going to be like we lost Tavares but I’ll keep my season tickets because of O Reilly.

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
A ROR that has to be clean shaven everyday?

I feel his pain already.

I always felt like it’s ridiculous to demand someone shaves their beard when you trade for them. Signing as a UFA is one thing, that’s a choice you made. Then again I’m a Red Sox fan and have had to watch the Yankees implement such a ridiculous policy my whole life.

Reactions: Sushiko

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Pieces the Isles have that would be interesting:

Dobson
Wahlstrom
Beauvillier
Bellows

Can't imagine they'd move the first two given they were just drafted.

Bellows is actually exactly what Buffalo needs.

Bellows + Nelson + 2nd is something I wold consider.
No.. f*** Brock Nelson

They can find a center elsewhere.

Reactions: normaliswear

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
makes sense for the Isles, just think the value wanted back is too high. I really like O'Reilly, respect him as a player and a person, but he isn't worth what Buff is asking - can't blame them for asking for that, but not sure the Isles are desperate enough to give away all that.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Isles have the cap space . Sabres rebuilding

Could be interesting if they can get it done tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad