GDT: Isles @ Dux 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I actually thought that he wasn't horrible tonight.

This was my initial thought on him as well after just finishing the game. Didn't notice him pinching as much. Not that he had a good game, can't say that about pretty much anybody on the team. Refs didn't even let the Ducks forwards take draws in the 1st period. I don't know what else...

We're really bad.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Boy. The Swedes continue to stink it up this season. Well, except for Rakell who serms to have taken another step in his development.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
The post game comments by Kesler show just how deep this problem is. Boudreau may as well quit now, it's just a matter of time before he's axed. You have older players with multi-million multi year, guaranteed contracts that think this should be fun!?!?!

Be a PRO and work harder and earn your paycheck!

If i'm Murray I figure out how to cut my losses now and plan the rebuild. Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler for the next 6 years! OUCH!

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
The post game comments by Kesler show just how deep this problem is. Boudreau may as well quit now, it's just a matter of time before he's axed. You have older players with multi-million multi year, guaranteed contracts that think this should be fun!?!?!

If i'm Murray I figure out how to cut my losses now and plan the rebuild. Getzlaf, Perry and Kesler for the next 6 years! OUCH!

Don't know if we're drifting towards a full re-build, but at least some re-tooling has to be done. We also have to start drafting & developing the future core, that will take the team over when Getz & Perry will leave. So far we have very few high-potential forward prospects in the system, doesn't look good on that regard.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Maybe he's saying that to help relax peeps and have a better atmosphere. Cuz then you'll develop better chemistry. Maybe too many people are pressing, including vets.

I couldn't watch the post-game... I got too depressed around the 1:00 mark left in the third. turned off the panel. (was gonna say tube... lol)

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I don't want BM planning the rebuild. He needs to go too. Somebody with a fresh set of eyes and no Ducks' baggage to protect needs to figure out where we go from here.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I don't want BM planning the rebuild. He needs to go too. Somebody with a fresh set of eyes and no Ducks' baggage to protect needs to figure out where we go from here.

:nod:

Murray had his crack at it, he either needs to salvage this mess or be sent packing.

Jack Bauer DAMNIT

Two Way Defenseman
Nov 11, 2015
Golden State
The fact that the Isle outworked us that bad on their 2nd game of back to backs proves just how weak this Ducks squad is. Props to the Islanders, their forecheck and defensive pressure was suffocating for most of the contest. The Ducks seem to be lacking not only the hunger to win that was so deadly last year, but also the team chemistry that created the hunger. You can point fingers at certain players not playing to expectation, or a coach that needs to be fired, but I believe there has been far too much turnover in personnel. This is most definitely a GMBM problem, as he transformed this team full of talent and potential into one lacking any sort of identity. I like the Idea that someone above threw out there... SALVAGE OR GTFO MURRAY.

PS. WTF Lindholm and Silfverberg you have taken HUGE steps back from your playoff performances last year. Please don't be so comfortable whilst SUCKING.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Wasn't able to watch the game until today. Didn't check social media or anything that could spoil the game.

Glad to see Rakell, Getzlaf and Perry doing good. Much better than the start of the season. Stewart and Maroon on the 2nd line though...ouch. I "understand" Boudreau rewarding Stewart for his play, but don't put him on the same line as Maroon. Kesler can only do so much.

I don't like Horcoff as a 3rd line center.

Cam's playing great. Hopefully he can keep it up.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Also, did anybody else catch the smiley with an "OK" in the first period when the Ducks were down two men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad