Rumor: Isles close on Lehner

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
U gotta Ease up on the doom n gloom

It's not doom and gloom, it's kind of obvious what's going on here.

Embrace the tank. At least this time it's in good hands, Lou knows what he's doing. He's trying to set up something for the long haul. Protect our kids, let them develop in a high character environment, keep adding talent.

We're not a real NHL franchise until we have our permanent home. This team needs to be ready to lay waste to the NHL by then. I'm very optimistic about that. Take your lumps now, reap the benefits later.

Lou just went through this in Toronto. His 1st season was terrible, walked away with Matthews. If we luck out and get Hughes, we're set up for a long time. We'll have gobs of cap space in what could be a very interesting UFA class next year. We'll have the assets to go big game hunting then.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau

Embrace the tank. At least this time it's in good hands, Lou knows what he's doing. He's trying to set up something for the long haul. Protect our kids, let them develop in a high character environment, keep adding talent.

We're not a real NHL franchise until we have our permanent home. This team needs to be ready to lay waste to the NHL by then. I'm very optimistic about that. Take your lumps now, reap the benefits later.

Lou just went through this in Toronto. His 1st season was terrible, walked away with Matthews. If we luck out and get Hughes, we're set up for a long time. We'll have gobs of cap space in what could be a very interesting UFA class next year. We'll have the assets to go big game hunting then.

Agreed, this is why i'm skeptical that a Karlsson move even makes sense now. were obviously not competing for a cup for at least 3 years now, why drop assets for someone that is in his prime if the goal isn't to compete right now? By that time Karlsson is in his 30s and a touch slower, just doesnt add up for me.

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009

GM's do not make wholesale changes prior to a season hoping to obtain a player when you still have a lottery system.

LL will attempt to put the best possible team on the ice he can.

Lee is not being traded period, and Eberle will be encouraged to sign.

They are part of the solution not the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTrotts19

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Lehner has had some head case moments but he's 26. Has had some good seasons in front of some awful teams and most goalies don't hit their prime until late 20's. Honestly feel like if we get this done he is at worst about equivalent to Halak and at best he can be a top half goalie enxt year.

Everyone is looking for shit to complain amount. These aren't moves of a team looking to tank. We may not be the best team in the league next year, but with Tortz improving the defense from the system alone and getting more out of his players, we certainly won't be the worst with Trotz and how he improves the D systematically. I'm optimistic to see what further moves Lou makes this summer regardless of what they are. There hav ebeen mostly underwhelming moves so far, but we're certainly not hesitating to make small moves, and small moves can change the dynamic and, what many people were happy about when Lou came in, change the culture. Still think a big move or 2 will come in the next 6 weeks. Maybe next 24 hours.

PDCIslander41

May 22, 2018
Lehner played pretty well behind a really bad team defensively. If Trotz can shore up the defensive style for the Isles, I feel Lehner is a good stop game for a couple years if need be.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I'm ok giving Lehrer a look on this lottery team, he can play in spurts and maybe he takes this opportunity and runs with it. Also IF Sorokin peaks over we can tell him when he comes he is going to be the #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad