Isles claim Keith Aucoin off waivers

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
I was recently reading something that had our bottom six forwards amongst the worst in the league. Much of it appears to be due to Wang's refusal to spend any money.

The whole roster is among the worst in hockey, for the very same reason. But at least we have Tavares and some promising young players.

After this CBA passed I expected Wang to make at least one serious upgrade to the roster. Especially after securing a new arena deal.

You DO KNOW that we picked up Aucoin, don't you!?! :sarcasm:

I wouln't hold my breath...but if he does want to make a splash, the best time might be NEXT summer, with the cap dropping and the expectation that the free agent class will be better. Plus, we MAY get an influx of players if Strome, Seth Jones :), Reinhart, Nino are ready to take jobs from the waiver gems.

I'm not sure Wang wants to sell anything. He's an odd one to predict.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
images

defrost-in-microwave1-300x268.jpg

images

key thaw coin

Oh, I am dumb as a brick. It took me this long to figure out the joke, after seeing the key and coin on earlier pages :blush:

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
The whole roster is among the worst in hockey, for the very same reason. But at least we have Tavares and some promising young players.

You DO KNOW that we picked up Aucoin, don't you!?! :sarcasm:

I wouln't hold my breath...but if he does want to make a splash, the best time might be NEXT summer, with the cap dropping and the expectation that the free agent class will be better. Plus, we MAY get an influx of players if Strome, Seth Jones :), Reinhart, Nino are ready to take jobs from the waiver gems.

I'm not sure Wang wants to sell anything. He's an odd one to predict.

Aucoin is gonna help make the Bridge kids into hockey players, and will likely directly help Nino out as he is a very skilled passer. I like the infusion of CHARACTER he brings, and if it means a successful bench (not seen since Nolan year one and Lavy year one before that), it means they will "overachieve" on ice, and be a tight group.

Just don't promote Nino or our key kids until they grow into professional hockey players. On ice and mentaly. It's time we took steps to make our prospects stronger all around (on ice, off ice and most importantly MENTALLY).

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Aucoin is gonna help make the Bridge kids into hockey players, and will likely directly help Nino out as he is a very skilled passer. I like the infusion of CHARACTER he brings, and if it means a successful bench (not seen since Nolan year one and Lavy year one before that), it means they will "overachieve" on ice, and be a tight group.

Just don't promote Nino or our key kids until they grow into professional hockey players. On ice and mentaly. It's time we took steps to make our prospects stronger all around (on ice, off ice and most importantly MENTALLY).

Aucoin has to be on the NHL roster or he goes back on waivers.

I can almost garuntee you will see Nino up here at some point due to injuries or performance. Remember Garth has som fenagling to due on the roster when Visnovsky, Joensuu and Bailey return. Its nice to actually have the depth to not involve them till they have to or they are ready.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Aucoin has to be on the NHL roster or he goes back on waivers.

I can almost garuntee you will see Nino up here at some point due to injuries or performance. Remember Garth has som fenagling to due on the roster when Visnovsky, Joensuu and Bailey return. Its nice to actually have the depth to not involve them till they have to or they are ready.

i believe he has to be on the roster for 30 days, no? so this time in feb he can be sent down, if im not mistaken.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
i believe he has to be on the roster for 30 days, no? so this time in feb he can be sent down, if im not mistaken.

That was my point. Aucoin stays up til Bailey is ready and if we have to, he's a healthy scratch til he can be sent down.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Isles Enforcer said:
Ill take a wager that Aucoin ends up replacing Reasoner who is pretty much useless in my eyes. Why he got a two year deal is beyond me.

Beyond me, too....He's Monroe County, NY, not from a Boston suburb.

I agree that Reasoner has good 'reason' to worry - and that's due to not only the acquisition of Aucoin, but also the strides guys like Cizikas, Ullstrom and even Sundstrom have been taking - but to be fair to Garth, Marty was signed coming off a 14-18-32, +2 season in which he played all 82 games for a mediocre and low scoring Panthers' club. He'd been playing a decent 3rd/4th center job for a number of years and a number of not-so-good teams.

There was good reason to believe that he'd keep that kind of production up while being a plus in the defensive center department.

Instead, he fell off the planet in a manner that was little more than disgusting.

Now he's got one more year, but has head into training camp as one of the oldest and most non-active players coming out of this lockout.

It's a bit of lose-lose situation for him, but hey, if he loves the game enough, I could set him up nicely over here in Germany or Austria.:) In fact, I fully expect to see him over in this part of the world next season.

Last edited:

Nyifan12

Oct 1, 2011
This is more and more what I've been hearing about him as well...PAP v2?

We should have picked up Andrew Gordon last year when he was on waivers.

In any event I like KA... See him playing a Kip Miller role, which is a compliment.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Aucoin's been solid. He is a small right handed centerman with good offensive instincts, sound familiar?

I'm not seriously comparing Aucoin and Strome but Aucoin's presence has really provided the secondary scoring that the Isles have needed. Now if only they can get one more legit defenseman.

Lankyleo

Aug 17, 2007
NY
Aucoin has reminded me alot of another #10 - richard park.

Will be interesting to see if his effectiveness continues as the season develops and the NHL regulars get there conditioning back up to snuff. If he can maintain an energetic and defensively sound game i'll take him all day in our bottom 6.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Aucoin has reminded me alot of another #10 - richard park.

Will be interesting to see if his effectiveness continues as the season develops and the NHL regulars get there conditioning back up to snuff. If he can maintain an energetic and defensively sound game i'll take him all day in our bottom 6.

Agreed. He just knows where to be on the ice. His opportunistic goals and his amazing save (which was beautiful to watch in slow motion on replay) is a testament to that statement. I like him on the 3rd line but when we get players back, he could be a worthy 4th liner, PK'er and out at the last minute to help protect a lead. Solid pick up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad