Isles claim Keith Aucoin off waivers

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
jesus christ. That's three already.

Career AHLer. Classic tweener. All things considered (salary, injuries), I would prefer Aucoin over Connolly.

He's a pass first type of player (right handed shot), sound familiar? Maybe the Islanders put him on JT's wing.

Last edited:

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I was thinking that maybe they brought him in to provide Reasoner with some 4th line competition. I would have thought that Czikas could have provided that, but maybe they want to give him more meaningful ice time.

ferrisUML

Aug 12, 2008
jesus christ. That's three already.

Career AHLer. Class tweener. All things considered (salary, injuries), I would prefer Aucoin over Connolly.

He's a pass first type of player (right handed shot), sound familiar? Maybe the Islanders put him on JT's wing.

Sounds like the 2nd coming of Randy Robitaille (the better Robitalle).

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
There's a guy in my fantasy football league who makes several waiver claims every week, swapping out one backup tight end or #6 receiver for another, week after week. Never has any impact on his team, just enriches the pot with waiver fees. I feel like Garth belongs in that league.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
Let me just say how much I hate this little arrogant antagonizing *****! You want to talk about a bi%ch. On the good side he is a very creative AHL player that will make the Bport team better offensively if he gets there. He plays defense as well as a quadrapelegic on skates.

scott99

May 13, 2005
He has been an Excellent AHL'er (777 points in 673 AHL games), just can't translate that to the NHL. Has had THREE 95+ point seasons, including 106 points in 2009-10. It's gonna be pretty tough for him to show his passing prowess, on the 4th line. Really makes no sense to me to make this move. Maybe he's a good penalty killer ?

LAPPY13

Apr 12, 2002
Long Island
Keith Aucoin played very well for Washington Caps in the playoffs last year as there number 4 center. Look for Aucoin to center our fourth line and Reasoner will go to the press box. Aucoin is a scorer in the AHL but can be a defense role player in NHL. Might see some PP action as well if Boyes struggles.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
he's been excellent in the AHL this year, especially in the last month and a half. He'll be awesome for Bridgeport with players like Nino, KK, Nelson, Sundstrom that are so young.

He played 14 playoff games for the Caps last year but I don't imagine he'll make the NYI, despite the obvious holes at centre (especially with Bailey out).

I think this is just a smart, depth move.

I might have taken a chance on Connolly but he wasn't very good last year with the Leafs. He'd have been a reclamation project (of sorts, kinda like Brad Boyes) but with a much higher price tag.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
5’8, 171-pound, hooray for the small players (I'm 5'4"), no way is this guy NHL caliber although didn't he play well for the Caps in the playoffs?

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Guy reminds me of Kip Miller...consistently tears it up in the AHL, but doesn't seem to solidify a job in the NHL.

Did he really have 70 pts thru 43 games (11 goals, 59 assists) in the AHL last season. Jeez.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I think Aucion may well have been brought in to tutor some of the kids at the Bridge when he eventually goes there. His AHL stats are great and he could be very useful there. Whether it's him or Reasoner on the 4th line really doesn't matter all that much, but I think this is mainly about getting enough bodies for opening night.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
If Aucoin and Finley can end up in Bport to finish the season along with the players they have now, Bport can make a good playoff run and get these kids what they need "Tough high pressure meaningful games"...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad